Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

We able to gift crowns again???

Sythen88411
Sythen88411
✭✭✭✭
Are we able to gift crowns again? Does not say its locked. Has anyone tested this yet? O know on pts you can.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on October 3, 2023 3:27AM
  • Katzenzunge
    Katzenzunge
    ✭✭✭
    Where do you see that? Would you be able to screenshot it?

Afaik they disabled all gifting on all servers, including pts for the foreseeable future.

And honeslty I'd err on the side of caution with this, maybe it's a visual bug, maybe an after-patch hiccup or something.
    I have not and will not test it, lest something bad happens.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Matt hasn't made another stickied announcement, I would think it's not really "back to normal" yet.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • Kirawolfe
    Kirawolfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are we able to gift crowns again? Does not say its locked. Has anyone tested this yet? O know on pts you can.

The blurb on the crown page says you'll get an email at the start of a 30 day period, and another when you qualify after those 30 days, and you must be an ESO plus member and have bought a crown pack at some point.

I'm not sure if that language is new though.
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd prefer if people were using the term "gifting Crown Store items."
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • quadraxis666
    quadraxis666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kc0j65wodxcu.png
    t1se78avbu1e.png
    On live server right now.
    Does this mean

1) it'll unlock for everyone in 30 days if they've previously met those criteria?
    2) It'll unlock in 30 days if you previously met that criteria UNLESS you buy crowns or eso+ right now?
    3) Somebody screwed up and published something into the game before it was ready to be seen again?

@ZOS_Kevin
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kc0j65wodxcu.png
    t1se78avbu1e.png
    Does this mean

1) it'll unlock for everyone in 30 days if they've previously met those criteria?
    2) It'll unlock in 30 days if you previously met that criteria UNLESS you buy crowns or eso+ right now?
    3) Somebody screwed up and published something into the game before it was ready to be seen again?

@ZOS_Kevin

Thank you for the images. There is just a rumor that theres a new system, what’s seen in the images is not new.

Word of mouth turned this into a telephone game that’s come to “you need eso+ for 30 days and be emailed by ZOS in order to gift” when the rumor is just based on what’s been in the help menu this whole time.

As for the qualification versus gifting being unavailable, I don’t know what that’s about.
    Edited by Soarora on October 2, 2023 4:57PM
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    on pts purchased items are temporary so it doesn't matter that you can gift there
    plus everything costs 1 crown

and no gifting crown store items isn't back
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    kc0j65wodxcu.png
    t1se78avbu1e.png
    Does this mean

@ZOS_Kevin

Thank you for the images. There is just a rumor that theres a new system, what’s seen in the images is not new.

Word of mouth turned this into a telephone game that’s come to “you need eso+ for 30 days and be emailed by ZOS in order to gift” when the rumor is just based on what’s been in the help menu this whole time.

As for the qualification versus gifting being unavailable, I don’t know what that’s about.

The message you get is actually different. It has been saying that crown gifting is disabled, check back later.
    Now it's saying my account hasn't unlocked the ability.

I'm assuming mistakes were made and no one was meant to see this change LOL.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The criteria listed is not new. that has been in place since gifting was enabled. its just how the information is presented that has been changed.

but it has always been that you can not gift until you have purchased crowns and/or subbed to ESO+ and waited for 30 days before you can gift.

this has no apparent bearing on the current status of gifting.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    As part of PC maintenance this morning we have removed the global gifting lock and are moving towards an account-based solution. Console will be updated with this change on Wednesday. What you are seeing is how Crown Store gifting has always been set up. It's just that most of you were already qualified so you likely haven't seen this info before. This is part of our preparations to bring back Crown Store gifting in the near future. Just to clarify, no one should be able to send new gifts at this time. We'll have more info to share with you soon.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Flaaklypa
    Flaaklypa
    ✭✭✭✭
    why not simply put a 30 day delay on every gifted item so stolen credit cards won't work?
  • BHoth_
    BHoth_
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    As part of PC maintenance this morning we have removed the global gifting lock and are moving towards an account-based solution. Console will be updated with this change on Wednesday. What you are seeing is how Crown Store gifting has always been set up. It's just that most of you were already qualified so you likely haven't seen this info before. This is part of our preparations to bring back Crown Store gifting in the near future. Just to clarify, no one should be able to send new gifts at this time. We'll have more info to share with you soon.

Will the 30 day cooldown after buying ESO+ or a Crown pack be retroactive, or will everyone have to wait 30 days starting from when crown gifting is re-enabled?
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

But if we qualified for gifting a long time (years) ago, and are seeing that notice now, does that mean we are going to have to re-qualify when gifting goes live once again?
    Seeing the notice that I haven't qualified, when I did so in 2018 and had been gifting since then, is making me a little nervous with the holiday season coming up.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • baratron
      baratron
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Are we able to send OLD gifts? Things that we purchased as Raffle and Contest prizes?
      Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
      Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
      Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
      Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
      Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
      Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
      Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
      Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
      Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
      Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    • FantasticFreddie
      FantasticFreddie
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      I think the best thing to do is ignore the wording and wait for an official announcement
    • Jaimeh
      Jaimeh
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I really hope the ESO+ requirement means having had a subscription at any point and not necessarily an active sub, because if this is the case then it will be an incredibly greedy move on their part (not to mention there have been plenty other suggestions on how to potentially bypass the credit card scam problem, that don't involve active subs).
    • sarahthes
      sarahthes
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Jaimeh wrote: »
      I really hope the ESO+ requirement means having had a subscription at any point and not necessarily an active sub, because if this is the case then it will be an incredibly greedy move on their part (not to mention there have been plenty other suggestions on how to potentially bypass the credit card scam problem, that don't involve active subs).

It's an "or".

The requirement is that you must pay for crowns in some way before you can gift crowns.
    • SpiritKitten
      SpiritKitten
      ✭✭✭✭✭

I know there are players who buy DLCs who don't have an ESO+ using gold. This will negatively impact them. Unfortunate.
    • FantasticFreddie
      FantasticFreddie
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭

I know there are players who buy DLCs who don't have an ESO+ using gold. This will negatively impact them. Unfortunate.

They are literally just speculating. We DON'T KNOW what they will decide with crown gifting. Zos has not said when they will renable it or what it will look like
    • enemyofgodd
      enemyofgodd
      Soul Shriven

This is clearly the requirement for sending Crown store items, not receiving them.

Kevin above said this is the same system that has always been in place. The 30 day timer is clearly intended to help ensure the funds for the Crowns (which can only be purchased from the store or from ESO plus) are not from fraudulent means, which is supposedly one of the main issues ZoS is trying to address here.
    • ZOS_Hadeostry
      Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it deals with crown store.

Thank you for your understanding
      Staff Post
    This discussion has been closed.