The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Weather control in homes please – building, eye strain

MoonPile
MoonPile
✭✭✭✭
Like the time-changer, it would really help to be able to control weather in homes. More for building than aesthetics even. It's really hard to see when it's raining, and when there's lightning at the same time it's painful.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yea that would be awesome.
    i wish i could turn off lightning
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • aru
    aru
    ✭✭✭
    +1
    Options
  • Nissowolf
    Nissowolf
    ✭✭✭
    I've asked for this months ago on the french server, so i can only agree to that !
    Something called weather vane of kynareth, or something like that would be cool. Be able to chose the weather. Clear, fog, rainy, with lightning, that sort of thing
    Joueur PVE HL 1000 cp+

Nightblade Stam
    Dragonknight tank
    Templar heal

Rôliste dans la communauté Brumes
    Ancien administrateur du Discord TesoFR
    Options
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This, if it could change the skybox, would be a game changer and at last a reason for me to consider buying some homes (witch come with a "wrong" sky environment imo)
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
    Options
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah one of my houses has sand blowing outside. Even though I built an enclosure the sand still blows right through the walls. I'd LOVE to be able to turn that off! Ugh.
    Edited by Wildberryjack on October 12, 2023 1:52AM
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
    Options
  • AuroranGoldenEagle
    AuroranGoldenEagle
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please!
    My main home is a Maormer-themed coral reef at Hundings, bring on the rain! Would be very thematic!

Currently, don't see a drop of water, no idea how all of my trees are still green :wink:
    You have discovered the thirty-seventh Sermon of Vivec, which is a bending of the light, long past the chronicles of the Hortator who wore inconstant faces and ruled however they would, until apocalypse.
    Options
  • ThelerisTelvanni
    ThelerisTelvanni
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah weather control sound like a good addition. It will help with the feel of a home and enable new ways to make sure your guests enjoy the house you want them to.

And it will also be a good addition for those using the homes for RP. I am not an RP player myself but I thin k they will like it ;)
    Options
  • MotherOfMoss
    MotherOfMoss
    ✭✭✭
    RP is actually a good point, my RP friends have shared that it creates awkward moments when one character remarks on the weather... which is different for all the other people participating in the session. So that makes for difficult moments in RP smalltalk when the pretty sunshine you are commenting on isn't there for your conversation partner!
    PC-EU | Long-time fan of TES Online: Furnishing and fashion simulator with massively multiplayer online chatting features.
    Options
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭
    I need to take a screenshot of a portion of my build in the intended *good* lighting and I've been waiting for the rain to stop for an insanely long IRL-time. It rains way too much, too long.

PLEASE, weather control!

Options
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This would be helpful. It could be a Kynareth themed item, since she's a weather goddess, to compliment the Alkosh/Akatosh hourglass. (Or don't tie it to an item)
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
    Options
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭
    This would be helpful. It could be a Kynareth themed item, since she's a weather goddess, to compliment the Alkosh/Akatosh hourglass. (Or don't tie it to an item)

Yes /Khenarthi would be fantastic also. One of my favorite NPC lines in the game: "Khenarthi lift me! This one suddenly has other places to be!" (running away from a dragon site)
    Edited by MoonPile on February 7, 2024 8:43AM
    Options