Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Can you please do something about accidentally opening furnishings, etc?

ellmarie
ellmarie
✭✭✭✭
I can't tell you how many times I've done this. I'm playing a toon that's not my crafter and I found an awesome Necrom furnishing praxis, and I accidentally opened it while opening all my purple chests. Or at least make them account wide so it doesn't matter?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 30, 2023 5:52PM
Xbox X- NA
  • Mithgil
    Mithgil
    ✭✭✭
    Can you not sort your inventory by category then sub-category? So that you're only looking at containers in your inventory?

I ask because I can't recall if the current vanilla inventory system lets you choose sub-categories of each inventory section.

I realize you're on XBox so addons are not a thing.
    PC NA Yes, I use add-ons.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On console, it has a nasty habit of when you are on the containers sub-category and open one that spits out a recipe or furnishing plan, it juts you back up to the very top - where those go - instead of moving to the next container. So if you are clicking too quickly and not paying attention or not being super-cautious, it is ridiculously easy to accidentally click and learn whatever recipe or plan hit the top of inventory when your intention was to open the next container.

Console life is a ride. LOL
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Little to no QoL for so many aspects of the game is the ride. This has been a problem forever and is the reason that I keep at least one junk recipe in my inventory to act as a buffer so that furnishing plans don't accidentally get consumed whilst opening containers.

"Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    yea i want account wide recipe knowledge
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On console, it has a nasty habit of when you are on the containers sub-category and open one that spits out a recipe or furnishing plan, it juts you back up to the very top - where those go - instead of moving to the next container. So if you are clicking too quickly and not paying attention or not being super-cautious, it is ridiculously easy to accidentally click and learn whatever recipe or plan hit the top of inventory when your intention was to open the next container.

Yes. This is incredibly annoying.
  • LesserCircle
    LesserCircle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Motifs, styles and furnishings plans need a confirmation window, that's it.
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »

Little to no QoL for so many aspects of the game is the ride. This has been a problem forever and is the reason that I keep at least one junk recipe in my inventory to act as a buffer so that furnishing plans don't accidentally get consumed whilst opening containers.

I know...ugh I usually do, and I didn't yesterday.

Xbox X- NA
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd hope there was a better solution for console players than dumping another account-wide switch on all players.
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has given me trauma. I do it so often and I hate it.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ellmarie wrote: »
    CGPsaint wrote: »

I know...ugh I usually do, and I didn't yesterday.

Which plan did you eat on accident?

"Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if you are clicking too quickly and not paying attention or not being super-cautious...
    Simple solution, slow down.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So if you are clicking too quickly and not paying attention or not being super-cautious...

The behavior on console, at least, of jumping out of the category you were in and into a category above, is completely not acceptable. Doesn’t matter what speed.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ellmarie wrote: »
    I can't tell you how many times I've done this. I'm playing a toon that's not my crafter and I found an awesome Necrom furnishing praxis, and I accidentally opened it while opening all my purple chests. Or at least make them account wide so it doesn't matter?

When this happens I immediately bank the recipe because I've also learned recipes on alt characters by accident. Same with motifs, if I drop one, I just put it in the bank right away.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The behavior on console, at least, of jumping out of the category you were in and into a category above, is completely not acceptable. Doesn’t matter what speed.

Agree 100%.

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I completely agree. This behavior is something that is actively programmed against by other games, including ones by Bethesda. Why it works this way in this game, I don't know. But, it's caused me to lose recipes. Thankfully nothing big enough to submit a ticket thus far but that's besides the point.

A sleepy, easy to mistake shouldn't cost a player dozens of hours of game time when there is such a simple solution.