Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Farewell, Sir Michael Gambon

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
p8m7hcfg5tk2.jpg
We are deeply saddened to hear of the passing of Sir Michael Gambon, the voice of Varen Aquilarios, The Prophet. Our sympathies and condolences are with his family, loved ones, and the many lives of those he touched.

"Farewell, Vestige. Walk in the light, always."

We've also included a video of Sir Michael Gambon discuss his role as Varen Aquilarios:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na-Jun_uRFQ&t=277s
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on October 4, 2023 7:53PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Be it Varen Aquilarios, or Albus Dumbledore…

Michael Gambon brought life to the roles he took throughout his journey and created icons. Having grown up with Harry Potter and enjoying a decade of his performance throughout my time playing The Elder Scrolls Online, I’m grateful.

Truly an artist, missing him won’t be a problem because he lives on through his work, and will continue to for decades to come.
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farewell, Vestige.
    Your voice carries us through the depths of Coldhabor and back into the light.
    Michael Gambon was an amazing artist and he will truly be missed.
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Damn, in the end, age takes us all.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rest in peace. He's given the world a tremendous gift with his art, and he will not be forgotten.
  • Bekkael
    Bekkael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP to an amazingly talented person, you live on through all your amazing characters... :heart:
    ~~ Lady Gamer ~~ ♥ ~~ Xbox NA ~~
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bekkael wrote: »
    RIP to an amazingly talented person, you live on through all your amazing characters... :heart:

^
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Very sad news.

And if, should there ever be future content where The Prophet’s voice is needed, please do not re-record the old lines with a new actor, as has been done before when voices were replaced for characters. Leave his be in memory, out of respect.

Or, perhaps, The Prophet shall be left to rest, however The Vestige decided in the end…
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP - his voice acting was perfect.
  • gamer559
    gamer559
    ✭✭✭
    I remember when I first bought the game back in 2016 and being amazed by hearing familiar voices like Sir Michael Gambon, John Cleese, Lynda Carter, Jennifer Hale, Jim Ward, Peter Stormare and Liam O'Brien ( I could spend all day going over the cast of the game). Such iconic actors giving life to these characters in a video game. Without spoiling it for those who may not have finished the base game main story, the ending was always a tough one for me. Now it will be tougher for any additional characters I make for the ending.

#RaiseYourWands
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    🥺😢😭
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about this. :'(
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP Michael Gambon. He was a fantastic actor and voice actor, he will be missed. His voice acting brought life to the Prophet character.
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farewell mr Gambon. Apart from the Prophet, I'll remember him most for the mini series "Longitude". A story about a watchmaker who is trying to win a challenge set by the British government in the 18th century to find a method to determine one's position on open sea.
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I have no more prophecies to impart, no more strategies to suggest, no more riddles to ponder. I am just a man. A flawed man. And perhaps that is just as it should be."

"My time in this world is at an end. I must take my place in the Immortal Plane. Farewell, old friend."
    - Varen Aquilarios at the end of God of Schemes (if Sai Sahan was sacrificed) and after completing the Orsinium storyline.
    "He's still with you, you know. A part of you, really. And perhaps he can continue to serve the land and the people he gave his life to save, through you."
    - Cadwell's eulogy of Varen Aquilarios at the end of God of Schemes (if he was sacrificed).

I have to thank not only Sir Michael Gambon for taking on this amazing role, but ZOS for casting him over 10 years ago. I cannot imagine someone else to set us on our journey across Tamriel and the planes of Oblivion.
    Edited by Maitsukas on September 29, 2023 9:39AM
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • agelonestar
    agelonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s ages since I watched that video. I love it.

Gambon didn’t have a serious bone in his body. Brilliant talent.
    GM of Sunfire's Sect trading guild on PC/EU. All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost...... some of us are just looking for trouble.
    GM of Sunfire's Sect (Open) & Dark Star Rising (Priv) | Retired GM of several trade guilds | Trader | Here since the beta
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    goodbye Mr. Gambon, thank you for being part of my life all these years :'(

but i know we meet again when i light the candle ,take care :)
    Edited by method__01 on September 29, 2023 3:49PM
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

Vasanha
    This one hears nothing. Sees nothing. This one only sweeps.
    desperately need a survey assistant
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I won't say goodbye because in my house he is immortal. We watch HP all the time and will always have Dumbledore in our hearts.
  • SatanicSister
    SatanicSister
    ✭✭✭
    Rest in peace sir Michael Gambon. You will be greatly missed.
    "If we are going to play the waiting game, the guy who has been around for 10000 years is going to win."
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad news, a loss of a great character actor.

That video was a good watch, I hadn’t seen it since before the game release. It’s a good reminder of zeni’s commitment to quality voice acting, which has continued through every expansion through the years.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last time Varanis Arano met the Prophet, his spirit appeared during the Old Life Observance ritual.

A rather fitting goodbye to the first character I met on my ESO journey.
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :'( Really sad.
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolute legend. Having him and John Cleese one the game was amazing for me when I started playing.

His voice was perfect and enjoy his performance in this nearly as much as Layer Cake and Harry Potter.

Gutted
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We will miss you Sir Gambon.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I heard this word in 2014. Didn't think so deeply about this word in that time, but....

Suddenly, I start to feel this caption just like the philosophy of "my life".
    I don't have any of confidence to keep walking in the "light" though...There're so many of dark in my life.

But, I'll try to keep walking in the light as possible as I can.
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    with [1Stam Blade].
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".

2024/08/23
    Farewell Atsuko Tanaka...(-_-) I never forget epic acting for major Motoko Kusanagi.
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The DLC dungeon pledge of today was "Cradle of Shadows".

Missed to take the "light", lost proper direction in hard mode, couldn't notice the lethal mech.
    Failure and Learning, just like the my life. Well, real life is always hard mode.
    with [1Stam Blade].

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...

2024/08/23
    Farewell Atsuko Tanaka...(-_-) I never forget epic acting for major Motoko Kusanagi.
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The movie "Sleepy hollow" is my first impression of Michel Ganbon.
    One of my favorite movie.
    with [1Stam Blade].

2023/12/21

2024/08/23
  • Redguards_Revenge
    Redguards_Revenge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Damn, in the end, age takes us all.

It's not a bad thing really. We could be the infinite photon. Never truly experiencing the passage of time. Since its creation to its end, it will never know it traveled. It will never know what it went through. Life can experience the changes in the universe and also view the journey of the photons. Love the process of life. No matter what length it is. He's in the memories of millions due to his work. Although his physical self isn't here, we have bits and pieces of him throughout his works that we can revisit. Whether an interview or acting.