The connection issues for the North American PC/Mac megaserver have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

Loremaster's Archive: Infinite Archive (Questions sent to Master Malkhest)

• ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks everyone for your questions! We'll get these over to Master Malkhest for his inquiry.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hello All! Master Malkhast has returned with answers to your questions! You can find them linked here! Thanks again to everyone who submitted questions!
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was a bit scared that i maybe didnt follow the prompt of the archive correctly, but im happy to hear that my question got answered. i notice the forums dont get as much discussion when these archives come out, but there is some discussion outside the forums, and we do appreciate the effort and the time the loremaster takes to do these.
    Edited by Aliyavana on October 29, 2023 1:43AM
  • Tyrvarion
    Tyrvarion
    ✭✭✭
    It was a really great archive. Aplenty of great answers to the questions. Plus I really like the way Malkhest answers the questions. Feels very in character. Thank you for hosting yet another very fun Loremaster Archive.
  • OgrimTitan
    OgrimTitan
    ✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    I was a bit scared that i maybe didnt follow the prompt of the archive correctly, but im happy to hear that my question got answered. i notice the forums dont get as much discussion when these archives come out, but there is some discussion outside the forums, and we do appreciate the effort and the time the loremaster takes to do these.

Yes, we all love those. When they are done good (not like High Isle one). Still, I prefer Schick's era archives, where the questions could be 10 lines and more.

Anyway, Archives in opinion of many lore-lovers are the best source of lore-income in TES history. Hope Loremaster knows we love them much and cherish them. The formula of in-character dialogues between players and developers is the best. Reminds me of Roleplay Events between developers and fans of ancient times (2000s)

Still, I'm angry my question wasn't used. I believe Julianos/Hermaeus Mora connection was very interesting to discuss. I made a pass on Archanists Archive because I was waiting for Heramaeus Mora-oriented one with a relevant question ready and was dumped. Chrysamere one wasn't exactly relevant to Endless Archive directly but was used (I'm glad it was used, don't get me wrong), but Julianos one wasn't, or Akatosh one (not mine).
    Edited by OgrimTitan on November 4, 2023 2:51PM
  • MafiaCat115
    MafiaCat115
    ✭✭✭✭
    OgrimTitan wrote: »
    Still, I'm angry my question wasn't used. I believe Julianos/Hermaeus Mora connection was very interesting to discuss. I made a pass on Archanists Archive because I was waiting for Heramaeus Mora-oriented one with a relevant question ready and was dumped. Chrysamere one wasn't exactly relevant to Endless Archive directly but was used (I'm glad it was used, don't get me wrong), but Julianos one wasn't, or Akatosh one (not mine).

I definitely agree that your's would've been great to see an answer to. Questions that go deep in the lore and explore interactions between deities are the ones I'd love to see answered. I wish more questions were answered for these archives in general, too, since there's so many great questions brought up that more or less get ignored when they're not selected for the article. As a desperate Jyggalag fan, I'm over here hoping that one day I'll get some new lore for my favorite Prince (and hoping that Tho'at Replicanum is connected to Jyggalag or his library somehow given how crystalline they are like Knights and Priests of Order).

I can't help but wonder how the questions are chosen. Is it on the grounds of choosing ones the general player base would understand versus going for deep ones that only the lorebeards would get? Or ones that an answer can be quickly brought up based on what's in the series already?
    Still waiting for answers about class set aura behavior, and also hoping that one day hair dyeing will be an option. We know it's canon thanks to a book in the Manor of Masques! (House of Reveries: The Troupe)
    Proud owner of a Morrowind Banner of the 6th House (back when it actually meant something)
  • OgrimTitan
    OgrimTitan
    ✭✭✭
    OgrimTitan wrote: »

I definitely agree that your's would've been great to see an answer to. Questions that go deep in the lore and explore interactions between deities are the ones I'd love to see answered. I wish more questions were answered for these archives in general, too, since there's so many great questions brought up that more or less get ignored when they're not selected for the article. As a desperate Jyggalag fan, I'm over here hoping that one day I'll get some new lore for my favorite Prince (and hoping that Tho'at Replicanum is connected to Jyggalag or his library somehow given how crystalline they are like Knights and Priests of Order).

I can't help but wonder how the questions are chosen. Is it on the grounds of choosing ones the general player base would understand versus going for deep ones that only the lorebeards would get? Or ones that an answer can be quickly brought up based on what's in the series already?

Thanks for the support. Yes, the question on how the questions are chosen. Funny thing, I believe High Isle Archive really was aiming "lower", making it as simple as possible, although it's not hard to see only hardcore lore-enjoyers follow them, the ones who know what enantiomorph, Kirkbride, Amaranth and other mythical creatures are.

As for the Jyggalag - I'm 100% sure we'll see Shivering Isles chapter sooner or later (and the thematic Archives, with luck). ESO Archives already touched upon Jyggalag/Sheogorath/vestige/mantling affair and made it less messy.
    Edited by OgrimTitan on November 9, 2023 4:21AM