Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Crowns/Gifting

ShadowWolf44
ShadowWolf44
✭✭✭
Why not just make "Gifting" available for ESO Plus, only, while you're working on whatever issues? Some people don't "gift". Bully for them. A majority of us do. Especially us disabled folks, who don't have a lot of money to spend buying crowns. We buy when we can, (usually during sales), but depend on "gifting", during the non-sales time period.

This is hurting the game itself- I know several people who just gave up and left, because they lost the items from last month, they'd been working hard making gold, to buy. Bout to do so myself, as well. It's been MONTHS of this- Strange how Microsoft just came in, and things begin falling apart.

To pretend this problem is just suddenly, magically worse, seems like a stretch- ESO provides ZERO information that I can find, on progress, no updates, when this is such a large part of many peoples game experience.

Be sad to leave, but staying is far worse, when one has to watch things they'd really like to have as a part of their game, keep vanishing from the store, because "gifting" suddenly became some massive problem, that's impossible, apparently, to correct. This should have been a MAIN priority- and fixed, in a few weeks. The problem just isn't that complicated- and if it is? Maybe it's time to find new people, who actually understand these things, and care about the importance to your players, so they put in 110% effort.

Just one persons opinion.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, I don’t think that would stop the fraud, or not all of it. It may be that some people with ESO+ pay for gold or Crown items via a third party site to be sent to them in game. You’ve probably seen the adds in zone chat over the past year or so? Always with weird spaces and such to evade algorithms I guess.

Hopefully ZOS will have extra stuff rotate through the Crown store once this does get sorted out.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave it disabled. Don't be troubled by the nagging minority. The rest of us support this.
    Lethal zergling
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
  • the_revlok
    the_revlok
    Soul Shriven
    The best Idea I can think of is, whenever you purchase crowns, it goes to a "Crown (self)" balance... allowing you to buy stuff for yourself. After a probationary period (say 2 weeks, maybe 4 weeks... depending on how long fraudsters have until their purchases are permanent), that balance goes to a "Crown (all)" balance, where you can use that balance to buy for yourself (if you run out of "Crown (self)" balance) or use to buy gifts for other. If you buy additional crowns right as the probationary period ends on previous purchase, the previously purchased crowns still transfer to the "all" balance, but the new Crowns purchased start their own/new probationary period where they can only be used for yourself until they transfer to the "all" balance.

But, it will be interesting to see what method ESO comes up with.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Big sellers with lots of accounts have eso+, thats how they get their crowns. It wouldn’t do anything if that’s how the people participating in fraud are going about things.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • johnebrown
    johnebrown
    ✭✭✭
    Is Crown Gifting still not working for everyone or just not working for me? I have ESO+ & when I try to gift something to my other account (that also has ESO+) I get the message that I must have ESO+ and/or have made a purchase from the crown store & that will start a 30 day count down timer until I can gift, and that they will let me know when the counter has started.

I made several purchases from the crown store recently & have had EOS+ for years, but so far, I have yet to get any message from ZOS either onscreen or via email about a countdown timer.

Is it the same for everybody else?

• Grendalism
    Grendalism
    ✭✭✭
    Yep,

Have had ESO+ for years (still active).
    Buy crowns regularly.

No message yet about 30 days.
    (EU console)
    Building stuff on EU-PS4 since 2015
  • Grendalism
    Grendalism
    ✭✭✭
    Additionally….no indication of where or how you’ll get this 30 day countdown message:
    - -in game mail?
    - - ingame notification?
    - - email to PSN email address?

@ZOS a clarification on how this notication works would be nice
    Building stuff on EU-PS4 since 2015
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Without knowing what exactly is going on it is a monumental assumption that limiting gifting to ESO+ would offer a suitable stopgap while Zenimas is working on a wider solution.

• Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • johnebrown
    johnebrown
    ✭✭✭
    @Soarora - thanks, that was a big help - at least I know there is nothing that I should be doing at this time. In fact, it would have been quite helpful if they

1) Gave us a less cryptic response when we tried to gift, and
    2) Had put ALL the relevant information about this change in an email and sent it to at least all the people that are on their mailing list. If they can send me advertisements of things that they want me to buy, they could have emailed me a clear explanation, rather than putting the onus on the players to have to hunt it down.

It's a great game, and I really like a lot of the new features, but at this point, blindly investing into an unknown crown system makes no sense, which means I'll probably miss out on the next crown sale :(