The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hirelings broken?

Behrwulf
Behrwulf
Hey does anyone know if they are broken? I put a point in the blacksmith one Sunday and I have yet to receive an email from him. Only mail I received was the preorder gift email on the first day.
  • joanjett
    joanjett
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah same here i got a point in armor and enchanting and ive got nothing
    so far!
    When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."
  • Fjordstorm
    My first mail from my hireling was 3 iron ore, so don't be too upset you havent gotten anything yet...
  • Karkashan
    Karkashan
    Hopefully the maintenance fixes this issue.
    grimabepraised
  • Nadrak
    Nadrak
    I've got 4 iron ore and 2 green tempers in more like 24h
  • RexOakie
    RexOakie
    I don't think the hireling is really worth the skill point, better to use the skill point elsewhere. It might get better the higher the level you are?
    Ebonheart Pact - Imperial - Dragonknight - Lucius Vaeliria
  • Allonan
    Allonan
    ✭✭✭
    It is RNG so what you get will vary. My first one for Blacksmith was 3 ore but my Cloth guy got a purple temper on the first package. It showed up 24 hours after taking the perk for both of them.
    Nothing is impossible... there are only differing degrees of probability.
  • daslush_ESO
    daslush_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    They turned the mail box system off temporarily - forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/64136/notice-in-game-mail#latesthttp:// I would assume that means hirlings are turned off as well.
    Edited by daslush_ESO on April 2, 2014 7:27AM
  • PicassoTrigger
    Not as useful as they were in beta, they seemed to be turned down or more likely in beta using one skill point was taking it to the second level.

2x deliveries, 2x three iron ore
  • JD_Douglas
    I've 1 hireling, received 1 package, was empty - received nothing.
    "No One May Make You Feel Inferior Unless You Allow Them To Make You Feel Inferior." ~ E. Roosevelt

"Artificial Intelligence is No Match for Natural Stupidity." ~A. Einstein

• Kildar
    Kildar
    yeah i find the hirelings are a bit broken at the moment. i have recaived one mail from him and the item would not show in my inventory for over an hour. i dont remember what it was but it was worthless. but over a long time the items i get will hopefully be worth the one skill point. i will not put another in though.
  • Seroczynski
    Seroczynski
    ✭✭✭
    Before they taken down the in-game mail I had received two mails from my hireling (blacksmith). First time I got some Iron ore and 2 trait stones, second time I got some High Iron ore (something like that) and another 2 trait stones. I expect that their value will increase with more skillpoints. Nothing fancy but I don't think I wasted a point there.
    “To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.” ― Homer J. Simpson
  • Behrwulf
    Behrwulf
    Thanks for the info. I'll have to look at a respec if it stays this way.
  • tyvar.thorvaldsonb14_ESO
    I have mine for woodworking and I have gotten two packages from it, it seems to be on a 20-24 hour cooldown.
  • fredb14a_ESO
    fredb14a_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Spread across my alts I have a total of 8 hirelings, I have received a total of 3 sacks.... I had 4 hirelings on day one... I am afraid the hirelings are on strike or something...
  • Vlos
    Vlos
    I have gotten 6 mails before mail went down (1 for Blacksmithing/Clothing/Woodworking) over 2 days.

What you get is pitiful compared to Beta and yeah, not sure worth the points.
  • Tahnor
    Tahnor
    NOT worth the points!! I chosed the hireling for my enchantment line, and I recieved one single enchantment stone...
  • Brascus
    Brascus
    I have mine for woodworking and I have gotten two packages from it, it seems to be on a 20-24 hour cooldown.
    It says in the description that it is a once every 24 hour deal.

• ComradeEternal
    My hireling gave me some class 2 ore and one legendary improvement on the first and only run so far.
  • Botak
    Botak
    ✭✭
    i put 1 point in clothing and woodworking. I've been getting 1 mail per day, but nothing for me on April 6. no mail at all.