The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Group Finder Tool Stress Test On PTS Today! 1:00 to 3:00 PM ET (5pm to 7pm UTC)

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
Hi all! Want to take the new Group Finder tool for a spin? Log in to the PTS today between 1:00 and 3:00 PM ET (5pm and 7pm UTC) to check it out. Members of the Stream Team will be grouping up to help us test this long-awaited feature and we'd love for others to join them!
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on September 22, 2023 7:26PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t know if I will be available in that time frame but I’ll see what I can manage.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks, @WhiteCoatSyndrome. No pressure if you can't make it. Just wanted to make sure we shared this with everyone during periods where we might have a higher concentration of players.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you looking to test specifically what the Stream Team are doing or do you just want groups in the finder?

• mdjessup4906
    mdjessup4906
    ✭✭✭
    Is between 1 and 3 pm really peak pts time? Most people are still at work.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I did manage to sneak on and it doesn’t seem to be. There were two other groups open when I started my Trial group, and I only got 2-3 people total.

Also @ZOS_Kevin next time, could we get a few days’ advance notice? I can’t help but feel like we might have gotten at least a few more online if this had been announced say…Monday. (Unless it was and I just missed it?)

• Arthtur
    Arthtur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldnt it be better to just add it on live for few days and see how it goes? There will never be enough players on PTS to really test this party finder.
    Edited by Arthtur on September 22, 2023 6:55PM
    PC/EU @Arthtur

Toxic Tank for the win :x
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arthtur wrote: »
    Wouldnt it be better to just add it on live for few days and see how it goes? There will never be enough players on PTS to really test this party finder.

Everyone on live would need to download the update first.

• Arthtur
    Arthtur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arthtur wrote: »

Everyone on live would need to download the update first.

Yeah i know but it would take a lot less than entire PTS server. I doubt it would take more than 1GB just for the Group Finder.
    PC/EU @Arthtur

Toxic Tank for the win :x
  • FayJolyn
    FayJolyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would have loved to help stress testing this but it seems I missed it. If I had known a few days in advance, I could have made some room in my planner. If there is another stress test moment, please, let us know! :)
    Zha'ishii - Kahjiit nightblade (main) PC-EU
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks promising if you need a couple of PTS players to stress test it
  • mdjessup4906
    mdjessup4906
    ✭✭✭
    they should ask some of the many streamers who are doing runs to use the thing to create their group and report back.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they should ask some of the many streamers who are doing runs to use the thing to create their group and report back.
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Members of the Stream Team will be grouping up to help us test this long-awaited feature and we'd love for others to join them!

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    I did manage to sneak on and it doesn’t seem to be. There were two other groups open when I started my Trial group, and I only got 2-3 people total.

Also @ZOS_Kevin next time, could we get a few days’ advance notice? I can’t help but feel like we might have gotten at least a few more online if this had been announced say…Monday. (Unless it was and I just missed it?)

We had to wait for confirmation that the test would be happening today, hence why we posted this morning. However, your point is noted about having more advance notice for tests like this. We'll pass that on for the future.

Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager

That's why we had to do the test around that time. It's when we are working also. We have team members who were monitoring the test, so it needed to be during our working hours.
    Staff Post