Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Was I always blind to the reskins ?

WiseSky
WiseSky
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Immersive Quests Addon
Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
List of Immersion Addons
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EpA9Kpf.png
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing the answer may be yes.
  • RicAlmighty
    RicAlmighty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you looked at a mount or a pet in the last 3 years?
  • Gibrans
    Gibrans
    ✭✭✭
    Yes lol
    IGN: Tletva
    Role: Tank
    Class: Necromancer
    CP: 1657
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes lol

or if you looked at pretty much any of the customized actions, especially for the teleport animation, those arent really even reskins, more like recolors and thats about it lol (the only unique teleport so far is the legionnaire recall)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seeing a new mount / pet usually reminds me of this classic by Chu.
    8ihjbccc8vxw.png
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i guess so
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In this case (as with many others) I'm quite happy about a recolor of a pet I truly love. Ditto for certain recolors of mounts - notably the indriks.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • fizzylu
    fizzylu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They've always done recolors/reskins, but I do think they've done a lot of recolors back to back recently so the lack of effort is standing out more. I wouldn't even mind all the recolors if the majority of crown store pricing wasn't so ridiculous. Like the recolors of the basic fast travel animation.... I laughed real hard when I saw the price of the crusader one, there's no good reason why that should have ever been put on the store for more than 500-800 crowns.
  • Foxxal
    Foxxal
    ✭✭
    fizzylu wrote: »
    They've always done recolors/reskins, but I do think they've done a lot of recolors back to back recently so the lack of effort is standing out more. I wouldn't even mind all the recolors if the majority of crown store pricing wasn't so ridiculous. Like the recolors of the basic fast travel animation.... I laughed real hard when I saw the price of the crusader one, there's no good reason why that should have ever been put on the store for more than 500-800 crowns.

Yeah I honestly thought I was misreading it, it looks like something they'd shove in the endeavors store for 2000 points, no way that pricing is at all worth it.
  • kah
    kah
    ✭✭✭
    Wayyyyy too many recolors in my opinion ... at least for the price they set anyway. I wouldn't care so much if each wasn't priced like it's a brand new thing or always made crown only. The one that really stood out to me was the The Standing Wave hair. It has a yellow and red recolor (The Standing Flame and The Adoring Stand), and they're all only obtainable via crowns.

EDIT: Oh, also the Duo-Dynamo Multi-Rider mount! That thing's already got like three recolors. I kinda wish you could just dye or evolve (like the indriks maybe?) them somehow? Because it's so frustrating to get one, then see another variation you like better. But ain't no way I'm paying 5,000 crowns for the exact same thing but gold.
    Edited by kah on September 20, 2023 5:22PM
  • fizzylu
    fizzylu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Foxxal wrote: »
    Yeah I honestly thought I was misreading it, it looks like something they'd shove in the endeavors store for 2000 points, no way that pricing is at all worth it.
    I'd even say 2000 endeavor points is far too much for it and these things should not even be in crates. Again, there's absolutely no good reason why such a simple color change to the basic recall animation should be treated as FOMO and locked behind a process that can take months or a ton of money depending on your RNG.
    I personally have yet to even see someone use that yellow recall.... so I'd like to think that the majority of players think it's overpriced and are not buying it because of that, and hopefully Zenimax will learn that higher prices don't always mean more money in their pockets, especially now with no crown gifting.
  • BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reskins are a plague.
    Indriks are a plague.
    Wasteful, cheap filler in almost every case. But if that's what keeps the lights on, then sure whatever.
    Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry. I find indriks absolutely wonderful. Not every coloation, but enough to keep me getting tickets for the ones I love but don't have yet.

The minute I popped into Summerset and saw my first indrik, I wanted one. Thank you ZOS!

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently you haven't played other games like Destiny 2 if you think the reskins in ESO are bad.
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    Sorry. I find indriks absolutely wonderful. Not every coloation, but enough to keep me getting tickets for the ones I love but don't have yet.

The minute I popped into Summerset and saw my first indrik, I wanted one. Thank you ZOS!

Agree with you here, the Indriks are some of the best reskins in the game. Pretty colors, nicely detailed. I went out of my way to obtain every single one as they came out and I don't regret it one bit, including pets. I hope you enjoy your Indriks! they're well worth it.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die