Preview and discussion of the upcoming balance changes (MASSIVE Almalexia buffs, orgnum changes)

PinkApple
PinkApple
✭✭✭
Hey everyone, here is a screenshot of the current iteration of balance changes set to hit live with patch 9.2.0

z64tr1oybzxt.png

Definitely feel free to discuss what you think about the buffs/nerfs/reworks, and balance changes are missing from the patch that you were hoping for. I like;y will be making a youtube videos shortly giving my thoughts on the changes and am certainly very curious to see what the community as a whole thinks.

Personally, my first impressions are that the almalexia buffs are a bit much and also on some of what I would consider to be the strongest cards in that deck already. I will spend a lot more time thinking about the orgnum changes and testing them on PTS before having a solid opinion on them.

And finally, just a quick reminder that these are not finalized changes, everything is taken from the PTS and is subject to change!
@PinkApple on NA servers Finished #1 NA Season 1 Finished #1 NA+EU Season 2 -- Check out my Tales of Tribute youtube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/c/PinkAppleYT
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know plenty of people are really going to be mad about not nerfing crows.
    Options
  • sayswhoto
    sayswhoto
    I too was a bit confused at these changes. However, I do realize that there could be different directions for where they want to take ToT (ex. fun vs. competitive). My initial feeling is that this is not the main patch to balance ToT and they just wanted to roll out some of the more obvious buffs and nerfs.

As for the Almalexia buff, if I had to guess, this could of been from a large data pull and someone saw Almalexia was not being played enough. My opinion on Almalexia is that it generates a lot of hate whispers and that's probably a contributor to why it's not played. I just feel like it's almost bad manners to choose this deck and expose your opponent to the misery of just watching you cycle through your entire deck. Obviously, I don't have access to the data, but this would be my floor level feedback.

It would help if the developers could provide a few sentences on why they chose these changes like some of the other entries in the patch notes.
    Options
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost uniformly terrible changes.

The changes to orgnum patron make it MUCH more affordable (and therefore likely to happen...) to buy tithe and activate patron two or more times. This makes Orgnum patron play toxic.

The ability to use Psijic and discard FIVE cards to discard is way too high with the synergy with Druid and the amount of "gain power upon discard" cards available in the game.

Almalexia is uniformly underpriced now. This is bad. Lexi was the most perfectly balanced of all decks upon release. Dropping the costs will needlessly extend turn times and encourage toxic "contain maxing" play style.

Rajhin agent buffs are OP for their dual effects.

Pelin, Druid, and Hlaalu changes are all smart imo.

Lack of cost increase / effect separation on ANY crow cards is hilarious. Stupid, but hilarious.

EDIT: Only just saw the thread suggesting there'll be ANOTHER new deck with the next update, which I wasn't expecting at all. So maybe they know something we don't and the changes reflect that. Maybe....
    Edited by rbfrgsp on September 19, 2023 10:42AM
    Options
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Most depressing changes to the game that have ever been made.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
    Options
  • WitchyKiki
    WitchyKiki
    ✭✭✭
    Still playing Rahjin, no changes for me.
    Options
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let the Orgnum-spamming begin!
    Lethal zergling
    Options