Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Isn't Clan Dreamcarver Style gorgeous?

aru
aru
✭✭✭
As said in the title, I loved that style, but 5,000 Crowns are a bit too much for me. I have enough Crowns through the Plus membership, yet I'm not sure if I should spend them that way. And I'm not a tryhard player so I cannot get it in Sanity's Edge.

Please let me know what you think. Is 5k too much, or should I buy it anyway?
  • Arthtur
    Arthtur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can buy it for gold from guild traders. Its expensive right now but it will go down rather fast. Its definitely not worth spending 5k crowns. Not a single motif in game is worth 5k crowns. Dont waste your money.
    PC/EU @Arthtur

Toxic Tank for the win :x
  • aru
    aru
    ✭✭✭
    Arthtur wrote: »
    You can buy it for gold from guild traders. Its expensive right now but it will go down rather fast. Its definitely not worth spending 5k crowns. Not a single motif in game is worth 5k crowns. Dont waste your money.

Oh, I didn't know you could buy it from guild traders. Thank you!
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you get a weekly coffer from Normal? Or only Veteran? I have not done Sanity's Edge but my experience has been that Normal trials are quite easy and friendly to casual players.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Do you get a weekly coffer from Normal? Or only Veteran? I have not done Sanity's Edge but my experience has been that Normal trials are quite easy and friendly to casual players.

you do get a weekly coffer regardless if it was normal or vet, but i think vet guarantees a style page, where as i dont know if normal does

i dont 100% know for sure as i dont commonly run normal trials too often, but i know they can drop, just not guaranteed
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • kynesgrove
    kynesgrove
    ✭✭✭✭
    aru wrote: »
    Arthtur wrote: »

Oh, I didn't know you could buy it from guild traders. Thank you!

There are a few things that can be bought with gold in-game or farmed that are being outright sold on the Crownstore with no indication of the former being available to you through playing the game. And even in game not intuitive to discover. Which is downright shameful and has caught people unaware.

I implore you to explore options on certain items before buying things with crowns. <3
    "The shrine is breathtaking, sitting upon a rise and dominated by many standing stones carved with holy runes. The place truly seems to have been kissed by Kyne's icy breath."
    - Urig the Wanderer
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, no digital outfit is worth like 40 bucks.
  • FlipFlopFrog
    FlipFlopFrog
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, I hate it.
    PC EU
  • aru
    aru
    ✭✭✭

Since it's the last trial I didn't even consider it, but it's free to try anyway. Thank you for the advice.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I did normal last night and got a motif
    Soupy twist
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The coffers are guaranteed one per week per toon (reset on Tuesday with the trial weekly iirc), and those are what drop the motifs. You can only get one motif drop per day, with the reset being the same for daily quests, endeavors, etc.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    aru wrote: »

Since it's the last trial I didn't even consider it, but it's free to try anyway. Thank you for the advice.

I’m not sure how it compares to other trials on normal but on release it was considered easier than DSR and RG on vet. Since SE is in Necrom and the Necrom event is coming up soon, the motif prices should drop from people running SE for the double gear drops during the event.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • LokiPagan
    LokiPagan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love it, can't wait for the prices to drop a bit. I've only gotten the axe and dagger from my runs so far.
  • aru
    aru
    ✭✭✭
    LokiPagan wrote: »
    I love it, can't wait for the prices to drop a bit. I've only gotten the axe and dagger from my runs so far.

I want that shield and chest!
  • Daoin
    Daoin
    ✭✭✭
    yes, i think the style is very nice. although i like the style the helm is not for me but then again there are not many helm styles that i like, maybe a handful. i paid the 5k crowns because i wont fiddle about in that trial just for motifs but i think worth every crown too.
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The shield looks awesome! Especially for a nightmare-themed build.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!