Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Dirt and Water

twistedodean14
twistedodean14
✭✭✭
Hello all, I've gotten into housing recently and while it's been pretty interesting and fun at times. I wonder, can we get dirt and water bodies? There is are a lot of locations where the ground looks amazon or it would look really good in a build. We have two waterfalls from what i remember and rocks. Why no dirt? Or different types of waters? I would love to have those craftable.

What do you guys think?
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a few houses where you can turn bodies of water into useable spaces. Daggerfall Castle thing, forgot what its called, has a door in the bottom floor that leads to a water feature., I turned that into a flooded basement with a floor, ceiling, and walls stretched to just before the slaughter fish get you. Grand Psijic Villa has steps that lead into water in the rear, I turned that into a roman bath, put some fog on top to make it look like it's steaming hot, Statues overlooking.
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is the Sulfur Pool, from Fargrave achievement vendor and the Firesong Spring, Basalt from rhe Galen achievement vendor as far as water is concerned. Although they are locked behind owning the relevent content as they are bound.

The Everlasting Waterfall from Summerset is one of my personal favourites, I've made several streams using that and Volcanic Plugs as the ground surface around them(although the plugs are black so don't look like soil), not a cheap endeavour but hey welcome to housing NOTHING is cheap!!

Soil is more difficult, I tend to use the poison pax shelf mushrooms in self built planters to replicate soil, as they are brown. They unfortunately have a weird uneven colouration but once you add plants the overall effect isn't too awful.
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Clockwork Junk Heap, Small or something like that, works well for soil if you turn it upside down. I can’t take credit for that as I got it off the forums here.

Having something a little more customizable would be nice, though. Something that is supposed to be soil.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA