The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Warning: Crashing in Cyrodill = Endless Loading screen of Spinning DEATH

Monsoon
Monsoon
✭✭✭
Really?
Its been 15 minutes I am trying to load in Cyrodill.
Apparently the character is still in there and still has not been booted out
Trying to enter gives the endless loading screen of DEATH where NOTHING happens, no feedback, no loading X, no explanation of What the **** the client is doing just a endless loading spinning wheel of death.

See its rather simple, the client asks tells the server "hey see that toon, you crashed the client it was running on so how about you respawn it? ok? thanks"

Instead... I hear "Bueller?.....Bueller?.....Bueller? in an endless loop like you can find on youtube, similar to that 10 hours video of Trololo singing.

Still the server goes "hu HU...Talk to the hand (eyes wide open)"

You guys have one month to fix this until the one month free expires as this is not playable nor is it enjoyable. (The 5-10 minutes it took me to write that prose while making sashimi I still have the endless loading screen of death in the back...not sure what it is doing)
Edited by Monsoon on April 12, 2014 3:39AM
  • Kittyexpresso
    The same thing happened to me, too. It happened 3 times or so until it finally froze my entire screen all together. I then proceeded to turn my Mac off. Do not turn your Mac off if you want to use it again, because it has yet to actually bypass the apple logo log-in screen. I think my computer is now busted. Fantastic!
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    The same thing happened to me, too. It happened 3 times or so until it finally froze my entire screen all together. I then proceeded to turn my Mac off. Do not turn your Mac off if you want to use it again, because it has yet to actually bypass the apple logo log-in screen. I think my computer is now busted. Fantastic!
    If you get stuck on a crashed screen then use either of these two Force Quit methods will nearly always get you to the Desktop. Powering off the Mac can cause problems like you describe;
    Force Quit

Press Command-Option-Esc to Force Quit an application. it that does not work then try this which usually works even in Fulscreen mode.

If you cannot switch from the unresponsive app, press Command-Option-Shift-Esc for three seconds to force it to quit. This key combination tells OS X to force quit the frontmost app.

source: Apple Support kb

Check out this thread for this issue.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Monsoon wrote: »
    Really?
    Trying to enter gives the endless loading screen of DEATH where NOTHING happens, no feedback, no loading X, no explanation of What the **** the client is doing just a endless loading spinning wheel of death.

See its rather simple, the client asks tells the server "hey see that toon, you crashed the client it was running on so how about you respawn it? ok? thanks"

Instead... I hear "Bueller?.....Bueller?.....Bueller? in an endless loop like you can find on youtube, similar to that 10 hours video of Trololo singing.

You guys have one month to fix this until the one month free expires as this is not playable nor is it enjoyable. (The 5-10 minutes it took me to write that prose while making sashimi I still have the endless loading screen of death in the back...not sure what it is doing)
    Not sure why you post this here rather than in Customer Support. It's a server (Cyrodiil) issue not a Mac issue. You're more likely to get a response there or other related posts.

Edited by Moonraker on April 2, 2014 4:01AM
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon
    ✭✭✭
    Its a MAC issue not a server issue since the client is crashing. If it was a server issue ALL clients would be crashing at the same time...they are not
  • Maltomix
    Maltomix
    Same happen to me , Crashed in Cyrodiil and I stuck on loading screen when I try to log onto my character
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon
    ✭✭✭
    I am done with ever again posting on these forums...worst forums organization I have ever seen. Feels like these were put up and organized by an intern. And vanillaforums.com? Really?
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maltomix wrote: »
    Same happen to me , Crashed in Cyrodiil and I stuck on loading screen when I try to log onto my character
    I'll just repeat that getting stuck on the loading screen after a crash and no ZOS crashreporter generation indicates server side issues, not client issues.

The NA Megaserver was taken down today and update should be incoming so hopefully they are working on server stability, especially in groups.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon
    ✭✭✭
    Experienced 5 loading screens of death in the last 2 hours

Cyrodill is a joke at the moment.
    Either you crash hard and then spend 10 minutes crashing your client manually to try to relog or you crash, get back in and get sent to the starter area.

No game has been as frustrating as this for me in a long long time. I bought the game for PVP but it seems that playing Cyrodill is a recipe for becoming a mental patient or arsonist. It is similar to waiting 30 minutes for a table at a restaurant and once you get seated the manager comes in and asks you to queue again for 30 minutes.

Cyrodill on the mac is still in beta
  • beng
    beng
    ✭✭
    About the same for me, Crashes at leat 5/10 times per hour in Cyrodiil. I have to warn the raid leaders not to kick me if they see me offline... The problem can happen too in other parts of the world, especially when opening doors, loading new areas. I also got a low framerate (15/20) almost everywhere with all options on LOW/ NONE wich is frustrating when I see beautiful graphics of the game in some youtube videos.
    iMac Quad Core i5 Mid 2011, 512mo VRAM, 8Go RAM
    iMac mid 2011 - 2,5 Ghz Intel Core i5 - RAM 12Go - AMD Radeon HD6750M 512Mo - OS X 10.10.2
  • SilentVigil
    SilentVigil
    ✭✭
    Its a MAC issue not a server issue since the client is crashing. If it was a server issue ALL clients would be crashing at the same time...they are not

PC's are having crash issues in Cryodiil as well so it's is perhaps a client issue
  • SilentVigil
    SilentVigil
    ✭✭
    I'm stuck in Cryodill after crashing - my client hasn't crashed it is just hanging on loading screen. My Campaign was full and I was in a que before entering - I had just teleported to a friendly keep so my character wasn't in combat and the first thought I had was that I was put in the cue on re starting but it has been now over 10 minutes and nothing..

I should add that last night I played for several hours and had only 1 or 2 crashes and was in a large party. Each time I was able to re-enter after re-starting the game client.
    Edited by SilentVigil on April 3, 2014 3:53AM
  • SilentVigil
    SilentVigil
    ✭✭
    Not sure if this helped or not but I logged on to another character and then back to my character stuck in Cryodiil and I was able to load.
  • Randomixx
    Randomixx
    ✭✭✭

No. It's not. I'm having the exact same thing happening right now on WINDOWS 7.
  • Dominion
    Dominion
    ✭✭
    Agreed constant crashes using Windows 7 pro. I know alot of user experiencing the same thing using windows 7 and

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • SilentVigil
    SilentVigil
    ✭✭
    Having now played on a few different campaigns some very populated and some not I can say for certain that how populated the campaign is can affect you getting back in after a crash.

One campaign I play on typically 2 alliances are locked and sometimes 3. If I crash there and can't get back on after about a minute I will just play my alt for a while and then log back in later.

If I crash on one of the low populated campaigns I can (almost) always get back in.

My recommendations would be to guest to a lower pop campaign if your having problems and/or stay away from the zerg.
  • Ginowarlord
    its april 11 and I am having the same problem described here I can not enter from Cyrodiil, and as said before I am not willing to PAY for a game that leaves you waiting for 30 minutes on the load screen....any help will be greatly appreciated

• Fresh5
    Fresh5
    Soul Shriven
    Cyrodiil is unplayable for me. Always stuck on loading screen. Currently, I've been stuck for 20+ minutes and I can't find a way to get back to PVE. Mac 2011 upgrade with max ram.
  • ldwulfub17_ESO
    Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB
    Software OS X 10.9.2 (13C64)

Constant crashes in Cyrodil and frequently stuck on the spinning wheel of ESO death.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    From most of the reports on this it is effecting both platforms and seems to be related to server capacity issues or similar.

Check the many other threads on Cyrodiil Crashes including the same issue. Hopefully they can get it sorted soon.

The Mac memory issue is known and will effect the Mac client after a period of time. It will not do so simply at log-in as it hardly using any memory at that point. See the thread with reports to check.

Try turning your graphics right down to Minimum to try and get it (suggested by ZOS staff) and then adjust up.

Seems to be effecting NA Megaserver more than Europe one and at peak times.

just keep submitting bug reports and feedback setting out your dissatisfaction so they are aware of the widespread nature.
  • Dalglish
    Dalglish
    ✭✭✭
    By no means is this limited to the NA Megaserver. I get dropped out of Cyrodil on a regular basis (at least 4 times an hour).

I am more inclined to think it is a mix of the client AND the server having issues.
    Victrix EU - EP & AD -
    Xbox EU - DalglishUK
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dalglish wrote: »
    By no means is this limited to the NA Megaserver. I get dropped out of Cyrodil on a regular basis (at least 4 times an hour).

I am more inclined to think it is a mix of the client AND the server having issues.
    I'm sure you are right. it's a combination. Like is said "more than'. It still does effect Europe Megaserver especially in peak times and depends on population of the Campaign and groups also from reports.

The actual stuck at loading screen is not the memory issue because the client is using hardly any memory at the time of crash which can be seen from the crash reports. From the various threads on the forums it's effecting both platforms and so seems likely either server-side or something else going on on both clients. I suspect the server load not coing and why players can't get back in game when they do crash or at least not right away.
    Edited by Moonraker on April 12, 2014 1:05PM
  • Mophet
    Mophet
    ✭✭
    I've been forced to see the loading screen for way too long as well. After doing the log the alt business, which does work and loading back onto my main in Cyrodil not once but 4 times lol.
    So I thought I would see what happens if I just change graphics to lowest setting possible and click the reload at the bottom. Well you guessed it I got stuck on the loading screen from just asking the game to basically reload UI to change the graphics.
    Well I guess I'm not going to be playing in Cyrodil for a while. I was able to play PvP fine in Beta on my Mac, only getting disconnected odd time or when stress tests happened and stress tests just seemed to cause more lag than disconnects.
  • bauchicha
    bauchicha
    Same here, cyrodil is not playable for me.
  • ldwulfub17_ESO
    It isn't just loading when first logging in, the same behavior happens when using a transitus shrine. You get stuck on the loading screen there too.
  • henrycupcakerwb17_ESO
    Really?

the same happens to me , the game just keep crashing on random circumstances in Cyrodiil (wether in the heat of a large scale battle / sitting idle doing nothing next to a way shrine in a castle ) , up to 30 times in an hour ,and when i tried to get back in , i am stuck at loading screen forever after character selection ( u gotta ALT + F to switch to window mode and quit the app and launch and do it again to relog again , sometimes it takes u up to 3 times to get back into the game )

the programmer of ESO osx version had replied to me , and from their answer , its not gonna be fixed in 1 month , lol

copied from his reply

ESO is running out of memory.
    It is 32 Bit app.

The PC guys are getting a way with a lot more since DX11 works differently from OpenGL.

Set your Textures to Medium or your Graphics all to medium and you should crash a lot less.
    As that uses like 1/3rd LESS memory.

DO NOT send me any more crash reports, These are useless.
    They are NOT the actually crash report or stack trace.
    This is JUST The personal information thats sent in so you can see if you want to send it in.

Im working on a LOD system to help the Mac be more stable.

Eventually we will have a 64bit Mac version that will fix most of the crashes.

Until then the mac will crash every few hours at best
  • henrycupcakerwb17_ESO
    Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB
    Software OS X 10.9.2 (13C64)

Constant crashes in Cyrodil and frequently stuck on the spinning wheel of ESO death.

the same happens to me , the game just keep crashing on random circumstances in Cyrodiil (wether in the heat of a large scale battle / sitting idle doing nothing next to a way shrine in a castle ) , up to 30 times in an hour , its frustrating ,
    lol , and 2 of my iMac & mac pro are freshly delivered to my home just last weeks , iMacs are with 256 SSD & gtx 780 upgraded , ) and i preordered all those macs just for playing this game , it deserve that !!

and when i tried to get back in , i am stuck at loading screen forever after character selection ( u gotta ALT + F to switch to window mode and quit the app and launch and do it again to relog again , sometimes it takes u up to 3 times to get back into the game )

(don't wait on the loading screen , one of my iMac stuck at that screen for 2 hours when i decide to let it load and see if it really takes forever, people should quit app and relog after 1;30 mins loading time )

the programmer of ESO OSX version had replied to me , and from their answer , its not gonna be fixed in 1 month , lol , too bad @Monsoon‌ decided to quit when the issue isn't not fixed after the first free month , thou are not gonna see anything else like ESO in 5-7 years and u knew it , big budget MMO with a series like this are so rare ! i won't quit this game because i am crashing in Cyrodiil , lol

:'(:'(o:)o:)o:)o:)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    copied from his reply

ESO is running out of memory.
    It is 32 Bit app.

The PC guys are getting a way with a lot more since DX11 works differently from OpenGL.

Set your Textures to Medium or your Graphics all to medium and you should crash a lot less.
    As that uses like 1/3rd LESS memory.

DO NOT send me any more crash reports, These are useless.
    They are NOT the actually crash report or stack trace.
    This is JUST The personal information thats sent in so you can see if you want to send it in.

Im working on a LOD system to help the Mac be more stable.

Eventually we will have a 64bit Mac version that will fix most of the crashes.

Until then the mac will crash every few hours at best
    Edited by henrycupcakerwb17_ESO on April 14, 2014 2:21AM