The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

QoL suggestion for public dungeons

Thy_Game_Is_Over
Thy_Game_Is_Over
✭✭✭
in normal and vet dungeons we have the ability to port to them from the wayshrine.

How about adding this feature to public dungeons also? esp since public dungeons are part of endeavors frequently...

seems reasonable to me.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on September 12, 2023 3:10AM
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's about dungeons.

Thank you for your understanding
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Thy_Game_Is_Over
    Thy_Game_Is_Over
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's about dungeons.

Thank you for your understanding

no i dont understand. it's about qol features we'd like added to the game. yes its about dungeons also but primarily its about qol issues
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was going to suggest that it might be related to the fact that dungeons are separate instances. I'm not sure whether public dungeons are separate instances from the zones they're in.

But then I considered that we can teleport directly to wayshrines (for a fee) and to the exterior of player houses, so now I'm not sure it has anything to do with instances.

Although maybe it does after all, because if you queue for a dungeon or teleport directly to one from the map, exiting the dungeon puts you back where you were before.

The same is true when you queue for a battleground, or for a campaign in Cyrodiil or the Imperial City-- exiting the instance places you back at whatever location you were at when you accepted the queue.

In contrast, if you were to teleport to a public dungeon and then exit, it would put you outside the entrance to the public dungeon. I don't see why that should be a problem, since that's comparable to teleporting to the interior of a player house you own and then exiting the player house, but maybe there's some obscure issue that would need to be addressed to make it so-- aside from any UI changes, that is.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    I was going to suggest that it might be related to the fact that dungeons are separate instances. I'm not sure whether public dungeons are separate instances from the zones they're in.

But then I considered that we can teleport directly to wayshrines (for a fee) and to the exterior of player houses, so now I'm not sure it has anything to do with instances.

Although maybe it does after all, because if you queue for a dungeon or teleport directly to one from the map, exiting the dungeon puts you back where you were before.

The same is true when you queue for a battleground, or for a campaign in Cyrodiil or the Imperial City-- exiting the instance places you back at whatever location you were at when you accepted the queue.

In contrast, if you were to teleport to a public dungeon and then exit, it would put you outside the entrance to the public dungeon. I don't see why that should be a problem, since that's comparable to teleporting to the interior of a player house you own and then exiting the player house, but maybe there's some obscure issue that would need to be addressed to make it so-- aside from any UI changes, that is.

i believe they are separate instances yea as the zone chat inside only ever has people in the dungeon.
    however unlike group dungeons anyone can join you in a public dungeon
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why not? Definitely a QoL feature.
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i usually use beam me up to get to public dungeons quickly

though this does both depend on being on PC to use the addon, and other players in your friends/guilds actually being in the location your trying to get to lol

some, but not all, public dungeons are close to wayshrines/houses, though even wayshrines are still unreliable if you havent actually explored the zone yet
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options