Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Service token pricing

r34lian
r34lian
✭✭✭✭✭
Do you guys think that service token pricing like name change which costs 2500 crowns is just absurd and horribly priced?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 10, 2023 4:00PM
2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. They gave everyone 3 free name change and 3 race change tokens when they did racial passive changes. New accounts made after that point do not get the free tokens.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Support can force name change for your character if it may be considered inappropriate. And current trend seems to be that almost everything is inappropriate. So if you happened to give your character a "funny" name just make a ticket, tell them you believe name of your character Horkerpickle may offend someone and see what happens.
    Edited by rpa on September 10, 2023 6:21AM
  • Lags
    Lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    r34lian wrote: »
    Do you guys think that service token pricing like name change which costs 2500 crowns is just absurd and horribly priced?

Of course they are. Cant wait to see people in here saying they are fine though. Like to buy a 3k crown pack is like 25 bucks usd. You could go sub to another mmo for a month and still have like 10-15 bucks left to spend on something. Ive always said zos are insane with some of these prices. Race/ally changes should be like 10 dollars at most. And better yet, it should be available in game for a cost and with a long cooldown. Then if you wanted to bypass it, you pay. But like, for those of us that want to min max, or someone like me that plays solo pvp, the race matters. Like if i want to play a crit build, khajiit is kind of important, etc.

On another note the prices of radiant apex mounts are disgusting too. With the drop rate being so bad they wont even list it in game with the other ones, but tracking addons say its like a 0.3% chance. It could mean if you really wanted a mount that came out in a crate, and you were committed to spending til you got it, you could end up spending god knows how much money til had enough gems to buy it.

Like i bought 50 crates last month and came out with 400 gems. Lmao. So for roughly 120 bucks i ended up with 1/6th of what i would need to buy the mount i wanted. And i considered myself pretty lucky in what i got, which was basically a bunch of motifs and stuff could trade back in for gems. Normally i think its less. And as you spend more, and keep getting repeats, youll get more gems. But i would guess at MINIMUM you'd be spending 500 bucks to get a 2400 gem mount. Probably more.

Just another reason people are getting fed up. Their pricing is, and has always been, ridiculous. They should cut everything right in half, that would be reasonable for both parties. But realistically they should just make things waaaay cheaper and then add in more variety. Whales will always be whales, but then average players can spend a reasonable amount for the specific things they want, while the whales keep spending to buy it all.
  • Kite42
    Kite42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Offering cures for curses at 800 crowns - that's daylight robbery. Furthermore, it's robbing the n00bs to feed the company, which is very uncool.

However, to be honest, changing your name probably does cost you in real-life, and as to race changes...nope! Here in a computer game, I'm not sure, but the pricing doesn't feel too bad. Consider your choices when you make a character*.

If racial effects change after launch, then for sure people should be allowed to change, but even then, the choice should be change or stick, not a token you can keep for years. In EvE Online you'd not be allowed any change unless you could show it was clearly offensive or some such.

* One's first character, created when eager to just jump in, should get a set of tokens, maybe.
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can only race change within your Alliance, unless you purchase the "Any Race, Any Alliance" upgrade first ... 🤦‍♂️

But, I guess, if I have to take that ridiculous pricing for items/content that I do not want, so that I can play ESO without a forced subscription, so be it.
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • Gray_howling_parrot
    Gray_howling_parrot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should be shrines and barbershops in game for the types of things that ZOS is charging for in the store. Plain and simple.
    ESO YouTube Content Creator & Templar Tank/Healer Main
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they should drastically reduce the cost on some of these and a lot more people would buy them. Even the appearance change token shouldn't be 1000 Crowns.
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly think everything is absurdly priced. Look at arms packs (it's literally just cosmetics...) and houses (that should not cost more than a new game!).
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Crown Store & ESO Plus section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post