Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Please fix Crown Gifting before the Witches Fest 🎃

SickleCider
SickleCider
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Please, Zos. 🧡🖤 Halloween is a very dear tradition to me. As an older adult, I don't run around acting silly like the youngins do, my celebrations are much quieter.

One of the things I look forward to each year is the Witches Festival. It's the one event I'm sure to participate each day, running amok with other players in a glorious celebration of spook.

I'm sure that the Fest will come with new spooky goods on offer. It always does. I've fallen into a hard financial spot, so I can't do the usual shop trawl for a few real life spooks to bring home. I'd love to be able to spend some gold this season and acquire digital spooks. It'd be a soothing balm for a difficult year. 😔 If you could even flip the switch back on just for a little while around the Fest, it'd be better than a Christmas miracle--it'd be a ✨🦇Halloween Miracle!🦇✨

That's my humble request. I realize it may not be particularly realistic, but I'm over here manifesting good vibes. ✨
Edited by SickleCider on September 5, 2023 10:04AM
✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hope you get your wish, there are always really nice Halloween items in the Crown Store. 💕

Realistically I think it may be unlikely, given how long they have had issues with crate gifting and had that turned off 🙁

Thinking about it, it appears to be likely the fraud was originally just with crates but when they could no longer be gifted, the fraudsters moved on to other store items. 🤔
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »
    I hope you get your wish, there are always really nice Halloween items in the Crown Store. 💕

Realistically I think it may be unlikely, given how long they have had issues with crate gifting and had that turned off 🙁

Thinking about it, it appears to be likely the fraud was originally just with crates but when they could no longer be gifted, the fraudsters moved on to other store items. 🤔

Ty. 🧡 How long have PC people been dealing with this? Someone said six months? I'm on PS and still feeling the whiplash from the first restriction. Your theory could be right. Always there must be the unscrupulous ruining things for everyone else...
  • kah
    kah
    ✭✭✭
    I live in eternal hope that you're able to get your spooky fix via gifting!
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kah wrote: »
    I live in eternal hope that you're able to get your spooky fix via gifting!

Thank you for the spooky support! 👻✨
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown Crate gifting was disabled on PC at the beginning of March so I'm not being too optimistic BUT since I love Halloween 🎃 too (I mean who doesn't 👻 ) I really hope it will get fixed 'til then.
    So wishing you the spookiest of luck that you will get your Halloween wish granted and that it will be fixed soon!
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wolfkeks wrote: »
    Crown Crate gifting was disabled on PC at the beginning of March so I'm not being too optimistic BUT since I love Halloween 🎃 too (I mean who doesn't 👻 ) I really hope it will get fixed 'til then.
    So wishing you the spookiest of luck that you will get your Halloween wish granted and that it will be fixed soon!

Thank you!! Spooky luck to you too! May you have a howl of a Halloween. 🐺🌕
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on the wording of the latest announcement, it sounded like the pause would last a lot closer to 2 years than 2 months. Good luck though.
  • muscle_witch
    muscle_witch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, Crown gifting is on pause "for the foreseeable future", which is to say - if there's an upcoming event that you know about, that's part of the foreseeable future and you should assume there will be no Crown gifting.
  • Fennorian
    Fennorian
    ✭✭✭
    Seconding this threaddd. I’ve been saving my gold for a while now for crown:gold exchanges and it basically has no use now.
    Quite literally an NPC
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully, they will be able to fix this soon. However, they have been working on this for the majority of the year so far and seem to have only found the issue is worse than they had thought. It does not seem this will be changing soon.

Personally, I think it would be better to have a different system where we buy and sell crowns via a trading system.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pure speculation on my part. Think they are looking into long term solutions that will work worldwide in the many different regions and countries of the world. My guess is the fraud part and the pressure that caused ZOS to suspend all crown gifting was from the credit card companies/banking institutions. Hate to know the amount of bad PR and money they are losing by doing this. My guess is legal is involved, and this issue will take some time to fix and workout.  Hoping your Halloween wish comes true, but I wouldn’t hold my breath for it.

Stay safe :)
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP. that person has misunderstood this entire forum category, this is not a hand-out page, your post was not bad and you have been so sweet to someone confused and angry.

I hope it gets a temp fix by then or you're able to contact customer service via ticket to perhaps procure a few items. They've been known to do nice things on the occasion.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Diebesgut
    Diebesgut
    ✭✭✭✭

smilie_hal_086.gif
    ... good vibes from my Khajiit Family, they love Halloween
    halloween_231.gif

Khajiit Sicherheitsdienst ~ Überprüfung von Schlössern aller Art ~ Khajiit Security ~ Inspection of any kind of locks
    Khajiit Gebrauchtwaren ~ Handel mit Waren aller Art ~ Khajiit Store ~ Trading of any kind of goods
    Playstation
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have recently removed some unnecessary back and forth from this thread. This is a reminder to keep the discussion civil and constructive. Please keep our Community Rules in mind moving forward.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Daoin
    Daoin
    ✭✭✭
    OP. that person has misunderstood this entire forum category, this is not a hand-out page, your post was not bad and you have been so sweet to someone confused and angry.

I hope it gets a temp fix by then or you're able to contact customer service via ticket to perhaps procure a few items. They've been known to do nice things on the occasion.

for me its a post supporting gold for crowns reminds me of in-game wtb crowns/gift first posts its just written directly to them instead of new players and in a nicer way. i mean yes crown gifting can be used for gifting which is good but its used for cash transactions. thier easy to get gold for other peoples large sums of money,
    Handout meaning from dictionary: give a share of something or one of a set of things to each of a number of people; distribute:
    Gift meaning from dictionary: a thing given willingly to someone without payment; a present:
    Edited by Daoin on September 9, 2023 12:11PM
  • Nihilr
    Nihilr
    ✭✭✭
    Daoin wrote: »
    for me its a post supporting gold for crowns... i mean yes crown gifting can be used for gifting which is good but its used for cash transactions.

Yup. This is exactly why gifting banned. It's supposed to be "gifting", not transacting.

They could disable in-game trading between specific players that gift to others, but that can greatly ruin other aspects of the game, such as players gifting to others from the same guild preventing common trading between them. I wonder if they can limit the ban to players that aren't on their friends list for a certain period of time + being added to the same guild for the same amlunt of time.