The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Awesome Experience of Lag Rollbacks...

DV_Cypher
DV_Cypher
There is a new monster in game and it's called lag rollbacks!

The game suddenly stops working, (can't mount up, attack, interact, etc..) at which point the server boots you off or what not and when you come back you find your character anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour back in time.

Along with the rollback comes:
- xp loss
- gold loss
- quest progression loss

I encountered it for the first time in the Greenshade zone and have not seen it occur outside of it, but I imagine it does. It affects the majority of players in the zone as well so it doesn't appear to be a local issue.

Anyone else having this issue? Any known fixes?

At the very least let's get this info to the devs.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Albert Einstein
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope I don't visit the rollback monster anytime soon. Shame to hear anyone is experiencing this.

I hope you get a fix.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• DV_Cypher
    DV_Cypher
    Quick update: It appears that the rollbacks only occur when players have been attempting to do bugged quests. When repeatedly trying to get a faulty quest to work it seems that the game causes a rollback to slightly before the quest was attempted.

I successfully moved on from the bugged Greenshade quests last night and as soon as I stopped trying to complete them the rollbacks stopped. It also appeared that everyone else who continued to try the quests kept experiencing the rollbacks so I believe they are related to each other.

Hopefully the current maintenance will fix it and we won't have to worry about it anymore.
  • matthijsbuckenseb17_ESO
    How is this a new player guide...
  • DV_Cypher
    DV_Cypher
    The problem stems from a quest that no one can complete, they might come look for help in the guides section at which point they might find this info helpful. Just trying to get it out to as many people as possible to help.
  • Demetric
    Demetric
    Experienced a rollback of approximately 35 minutes when I relogged in an attempt to fix yet another bugged quest in Alik'r desert.

Loss of XP, quest progression, skyshard etc. Everything got rollbacked as if the past 35 minutes never actually happened. Frustrating as hell.
  • Left_Hand
    Left_Hand
    ✭✭✭
    This happened to me twice last night, both times it rolled back around 5 minutes, quite annoying, can't imagine what it will be like once the game launches proper.