Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Crown Store gifting locked

Morvan
Morvan
✭✭✭✭
Dear ZOS, if the intention on locking crown gifting is to fight off currency exchange, this decision will most likely do the opposite, with the inability to gift and sell their crowns for gold, people will now be inclined to buy gold directly from third party websites.

I know you're all trying to find a solution for the problem but gutting the ability to gift crowns will NOT help it.
@MorvanClaude on PC/NA, don't try to trap me with lore subjects, it will work
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's time for the Crown to have its own Exchange system. It's been long overdue.
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • chrisfeng
    chrisfeng
    ✭✭✭
    Wow wrote: »
    It's time for the Crown to have its own Exchange system. It's been long overdue.

This may be the best approach, zos can keep an eye on the transactions, and players regain the ways to spend massive amounts of gold.

Turning off gifting permanently, with no proper new gold sink, is not gonna be healthy for the community.
  • joergino
    joergino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gifting is not a gold sink. The gold is only moved around from player to player.
  • jbrianj
    jbrianj
    ✭✭✭
    joergino wrote: »
    Gifting is not a gold sink. The gold is only moved around from player to player.

But it would become a gold sink if ZoS started with Crown tokens and took a cut of the gold paid.