Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Are you content with the reward structure in this game?

Gray_howling_parrot
Gray_howling_parrot
✭✭✭✭✭
There will be people that say “I don’t care about achievements, questing, group content, etc.”

If you ARE happy with it, wonderful! Explain your favorite aspects. If you are NOT happy about it, what portion of the game is lacking in your opinion and how would you change that?

Reward structure btw pertaining to quest rewards, achievement rewards, dungeon completion in normal vs. vet, trials, etc.
ESO YouTube Content Creator & Templar Tank/Healer Main
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm fine with it. I don't really play this game for rewards, I play for the fun. Actually I'm that way about all games. "Pixel fairy dust" isn't what I'm here for.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • BenTSG
    BenTSG
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd say the game could do with a little extra in the rewards department. So many things are locked behind some stupid paywall, or even worse, crown crate gambling, with not a whole lot being obtainable in game. Sure, some trials have mounts to earn, but most are titles, dyes or skins. Now that we have new systems in place, I'd love to see a revamp to content rewards to offer rewards for these things. Have a quest or two offer a furniture item or plan, maybe some of the harder content or even a single off quest here and there offer a customizable action. Hell, I'd even love if there was more random, even if useless momentos just for the fun of it. Like, what rewards does PvP offer? Some titles and dyes, a skin, and just maybe an outfit if you're good enough. Why not add some costumes, or even a special mount for reaching the higher levels in PvP?

I don't know. I just think more could be rewarded through gameplay rather then the wallet, either from funny little useless things, to stuff that can actively be shown off.
  • Gray_howling_parrot
    Gray_howling_parrot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BenTSG wrote: »
    I'd say the game could do with a little extra in the rewards department. So many things are locked behind some stupid paywall, or even worse, crown crate gambling, with not a whole lot being obtainable in game. Sure, some trials have mounts to earn, but most are titles, dyes or skins. Now that we have new systems in place, I'd love to see a revamp to content rewards to offer rewards for these things. Have a quest or two offer a furniture item or plan, maybe some of the harder content or even a single off quest here and there offer a customizable action. Hell, I'd even love if there was more random, even if useless momentos just for the fun of it. Like, what rewards does PvP offer? Some titles and dyes, a skin, and just maybe an outfit if you're good enough. Why not add some costumes, or even a special mount for reaching the higher levels in PvP?

I don't know. I just think more could be rewarded through gameplay rather then the wallet, either from funny little useless things, to stuff that can actively be shown off.

I definitely think grand overlord and emperor should have some sick reward like an awesome mount or something
    ESO YouTube Content Creator & Templar Tank/Healer Main
  • RicAlmighty
    RicAlmighty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The RNG needs to be toned down a lot. I don't mind grinding for rewards, but I have to know that I will get them in a reasonable amount of time. Banging my head against the wall of an activity that stops being fun the 50th time you run it because the reward is locked behind RNG doesn't make me want to play more.... it makes me want to quit altogether.

There are a few activities that I simply will not play anymore due to this.
  • ProudMary
    ProudMary
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaustink wrote: »
    There will be people that say “I don’t care about achievements, questing, group content, etc.”

If you ARE happy with it, wonderful! Explain your favorite aspects. If you are NOT happy about it, what portion of the game is lacking in your opinion and how would you change that?

Reward structure btw pertaining to quest rewards, achievement rewards, dungeon completion in normal vs. vet, trials, etc.

More rewards for in game achievements please. And less focus on the crown store.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I definitely think grand overlord and emperor should have some sick reward like an awesome mount or something

emperor achievement already comes with a really fancy costume
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Arizona_Steve
    Arizona_Steve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sadly, everything in this game is driven by the Crown Store. I'd love more and better rewards, but I don't think it will happen.
    Wannabe Thalmor - Altmer MagSorc
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Also unlocks a nice Throne for your house and iirc Grand Overlord is the rank that unlocks the really epic looking Replica Elder Scroll furnishing... one day it will be mine!!
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »

Also unlocks a nice Throne for your house and iirc Grand Overlord is the rank that unlocks the really epic looking Replica Elder Scroll furnishing... one day it will be mine!!

thats true, forgot about the achievement furnishings too, the volendrung replica is also really cool too lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I'm not content with the reward structure. Risk vs. reward needs updating. For example, I just recently soloed Bastian Nymic and completed all the puzzles in one run. My reward? A few pieces of decon. :/

@ZOS_Kevin
    Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2320+
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate account-wide achievements, not because I feel any need to have them as rewards, but because they took away individual character progression.

I do think, however, that the scaling of rewards generally to risk is something ZOS could usefully look into. Mind you, that can open a can of worms in that people who sail through tough content in a group that is following a set of instructions aided by add-ons probably think their rewards should be greater than those for a single player who manages to complete what for him/her is genuinely tough content without any instructions or add-ons - and they'd be wrong :wink: !
  • Anumaril
    Anumaril
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Generally I'm fine with how rewards are set up in the game. If anything I'd prefer if there were more cosmetic rewards, since those are the only ones I really care about. Completing a quest(line) or achievement and getting a hat/costume/polymorph brings a warm feeling to my heart.

Unfortunately so many cosmetics get funnelled into the Crown Store/Crates, but we still get the occasional costume or hat for doing something in-game, which is nice.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, I think the reward structure is the weakest point of the game. Too much is time-limited crown-store exclusive, and what is earnable in the game, takes too long to get. Items like housing and the more attractive mounts are the most obvious example. There's also some motifs that take too long to get. Even with stickerbook, which is one of the better systems, I find that the rewards could use some improvement. Monster shoulder are subject to ridiculous RNG and what you do get from it doesn't behave the same as the rest of the gear drops. On top of that, I don't feel like there's enough sources for acquiring transmute stones, especially outside of group activities.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    On a day to day basis, this game feels very unrewarding. My trials toon tends to make a bit more gold than the other toons, that is about the only difference. The horrible rng means that maybe a few times per month I actually get a good furnishing plan drop while actively farming for it, but that is way too low for the amount of time I put into this game.

The irony about the whole system is if I collected all of the items that are labeled as “trash” I would earn more gold than anything else. Stuff like foul hides, Dwemer gears, etc. I usually don’t bother to take up space in my I’m inventory for that, though. Think about it - “trash” being the most valuable item in a loot drop. Lol.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Kappachi
    Kappachi
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes, i love randomly finding aetherial dust/aetheric ciphers while roaming & motif rewards from dungeons that can be sold to players and so on.
  • BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not even close to happy about it. The reward system is woefully out of step with the type of game this purports to be.

This is a social mmo with small scale and large scale pvp, grouped content, you have the capacity for 20 toons, and yet there seems little incentivisation for people to engage and continue to engage with this game. The only thing keeping a lot of people hanging on is the community they've made within it. The game is tired, repetitive and wearing thin.

There is little replayability of any content. Not much worth farming in most places. Got the achievements on one toon? You're done. Got the skin? Got the mount? Why else would you go back in? For fun? Trials aren't enjoyable enough for that. Vet dungeons can be fine if you have a good group. Hard to find good supports who are willing to put up with the excessively punitive mechanics, numerous bugs, and sub-standard dps that make up the majority of the player base. You have to find a niche of reliable players if you want to achieve anything difficult in this game, until they get sick of the endless bugs/pointless rebalances and leave the game. Then find more people, hope they will persevere through all the above long enough for the investment to be worth while. So many people are so sick of progressing hard content in the face of game-breaking and prog-ruining bugs that they just aren't hanging around outside of core to do anything else.

The grind for rare items and leads is tedious, with the outcome just not really worth it in most cases, but at least it gets you running content. Who else has farmed ayleid furnishing recipes and hates life? Who else has run through the Silent Halls for 45 minutes with no fragments drops trying to get a dress, or grinded for yet another fragments for yet another pet you'll never use. So many pets... so many mementos... so many costumes... so many emotes... so many "rewards"... oh look another bland motif with hip flaps. Over-priced in the crown store, or time-gated. Oh, and you can go fill your stickerbook, ok cool. Gear is not a reward.

The tales of tribute rewards are not worth the time or effort frankly. The ranking system is borked, and playing against other people is so toxic and infuriating, even winning is a painful experience. (Also, hiding leads behind a mid card game...)

There needs to be an incentive to run old content beyond the content itself, so that veteran players will re-engage. The game does not prepare players for hard content, so either you have to cajole veterans to run stuff, or put up with bad players constantly. (I have taught people, and many have since left, so am burnt out...) and I am sick of trying to convince established players to run old stuff, and jumping from guild to guild, chasing the active community, as more and more people dwindle away.

There's a reason people who have many many immortal redeemer titles continue to run asylum sanctorium. It's not the joy of the Lothis lighthouse. Because a polymorph can drop there and be sold for big money. So why not add polymorphs to old trials? Unfortunately they've already sold those rewards in the crown store. The anka-ra poly wouldve been great for hel-ra. The serpent skin would've been great for sanctum ophidia. The celestial robes costume could've been great for aetherian archive.

Sadly zos spend more time repackaging assets to sell to us than trying to entice more players to run content. The trifecta mount awards are all reskins of varying quality, or simply far lesser in quality than purchased mounts. In what gaming world does it make sense that earnable mounts are worse looking than purchasable mounts.

The sunspire mount was closely shadowed by its crown store variant to the extent that it needed to be altered after community outcry that it was too close to the hard-earned trial mount. The rockgrove mount spawn in has zero animation it just appears, compared to other heavyweight mounts that have eye-catching spawns. The dreadsail mount is a flame atro wolf re-skin, released at the same time as a coral spider and horse with fish floating around it in the crown store. The sanitys edge mount, ram of dark dreams, is a re-skin of the ram of dark desire recently in crown store. Nevermind that we have a dunmer dlc with the opportunity for a guar or kagouti mount, but no we get a ram.

The weekly rewards need updating. They are immensely weak. There needs to be a reward for being on the trial leaderboard at end of each patch.
    There needs to be a reward for getting trifectas on different toons, even if it's something like colour coded titles. Tales of tribute should be more rewarding. Rare mats should drop more from hard content. E.g. Dragon rheum/blood should drop from dragons in sunspire, perfect roe drop from water-based enemies like in dreadsail, etc.

The reward system is just one aspect that is currently disappointing in eso, I could wax lyrical about every aspect of the game being a let down at the moment. When we bought the game, pay a subscription, buy chapters as well as in-game currency, and various in-game assets are re-sold to us, we should expect more. The devs should spend some time in player zones and see what motivates players.

I am sick of feeling more invested in a game than the developers of said game. It feels over and over like we're in maintenance mode, with an automated pipeline of assets re-packaged to us, the same cycle of pets, mementos, motifs, event costumes, ad nauseum. I will grant that there continues to be incremental QoL improvements, but many of these are coming crazy late in the lifespan of this game.
    We only just had mass fish filleting added for Vivec's sake. Zos can tell us how motivated they are all they want, but they need to show us.
    Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)
  • endgamesmug
    endgamesmug
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the content specifically combat whether it be pvp or pve, could care less about skins and ridiculous titles- dyes aint bad but some activities are never gonna be worth the hassle to get e.g. raiding.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BahometZ wrote: »
    There's a reason people who have many many immortal redeemer titles continue to run asylum sanctorium. It's not the joy of the Lothis lighthouse. Because a polymorph can drop there and be sold for big money. So why not add polymorphs to old trials? Unfortunately they've already sold those rewards in the crown store. The anka-ra poly wouldve been great for hel-ra. The serpent skin would've been great for sanctum ophidia. The celestial robes costume could've been great for aetherian archive.

Sadly zos spend more time repackaging assets to sell to us than trying to entice more players to run content. The trifecta mount awards are all reskins of varying quality, or simply far lesser in quality than purchased mounts. In what gaming world does it make sense that earnable mounts are worse looking than purchasable mounts.

This here hits so hard.

There are cosmetic weapons sets named after dungeons which you cannot acquire in the game doing those dungeons on any level of difficulty.

Everything you can earn is less impressive than what you can buy. There is far more stuff to buy than to be earned. The business model is to encourage people to buy more game, rather than play more game, and it shows.

It honestly feels like they don't care if people play the game at all as long as they keep buying crowns.
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Generally, I don't like the reward concept in ESO.

I believe that for me, the most annoying is that rewards are not adapted to char status, like I keep getting riding books although maxed already, or I get PvP rewards although I don't PvP and so on.

Another thing that I find annoying: I don't see much difference between the different tiers of treasure chests and the psijiic portals. Also, the so called "heavy bags" very rarely bring something significant... All in all, it seems to me that rewards are kept low level, no matter the sources.

In a long while, I can't recall receiving anything that gave me a swing of happiness of the type "ooohhh, so nice". I have in most cases no interest in what I get. I estimate that I destroy about 70% of the rewards I get that I can't sell. For the daily login rewards, it's even higher: I dream to have a button reject for those.
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Structure, yes. The variety of rewards and drop rates, no.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No. We need our dungeon challenger rewards back, and more than just titles as rewards.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've played even more unrewarding games but for a game with persistent avalanche of invertory filling items from playing ESO is rather stringy and random in making player feel rewarded.
    Edited by rpa on September 1, 2023 6:16AM
  • Lags
    Lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I am not happy with it. At all. Especially after playing wow and guild wars 2. The rewards in eso are terrible, and extremely hard achievements get lame rewards. Face paints, dyes, mementos, etc. Mounts, polymorphs, and outfits, are more my thing. Even better titles, or just more rewards in general.

Gw2, for example, rewards you for many things. Its not always super flashy stuff, but sometimes it is, and sometimes it a chance at those things. Completing a zone, every X amount of achievement points you get, and really long/hard achievements usually get fitting rewards.

Also i like things like the clockwork reliquary polymorph. Things that are RNG drops that you can farm and sell. Mounts would be nice, but polymorphs/outfits/style pages would be cool too. Give people a reason to farm certain content even when its old and you have everything. It doesnt have to be everything, and it doesnt have to be super flashy things, they can keep the super flashy mounts on the crown store. But the rewards should be better. Even little things, like having basic mounts in stables. Camels in hews bane, wolves in the gold coast. Idk, it just feels so greedy considering the monetization system. And a currency exchange, like gw2, would really help things, so players can exchange their own gold for crowns on the crown store, without dealing with other players and the risk.

Also, some achievement rewards are just a slap in the face imo. Mostly the very time consuming ones. Master angler, former emp, even ones like I like m'aiq/lightbringer/crime pays/give to the poor. Tamriel trailblazer, master cave delver. The list goes on. Some give you a dye, rarely a title, most give you nothing. And they take a lot of time. Another issue is even in other games, with these longer achievements that have you do a bunch of other achievements to get to the one at the end, you get rewards on the way to the bigger reward at the end. Not eso.

freespirit wrote: »

thats true, forgot about the achievement furnishings too, the volendrung replica is also really cool too lol

You also forgot that not everyone cares about housing. The fact that former emp doesnt have a mount tied to it is insane. Yes it has a nice costume, yes it has a title, but it is also an extremely time consuming achievement that takes a lot of commitment, luck, and cooperation from an entire faction in cyrodil. And it only gets harder and harder every year. It should have a mount, title, dye, and the throne. That would be reasonable. And i also feel the same about some other achievements. Master angler for example.
  • Lags
    Lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    I hate account-wide achievements, not because I feel any need to have them as rewards, but because they took away individual character progression.

I do think, however, that the scaling of rewards generally to risk is something ZOS could usefully look into. Mind you, that can open a can of worms in that people who sail through tough content in a group that is following a set of instructions aided by add-ons probably think their rewards should be greater than those for a single player who manages to complete what for him/her is genuinely tough content without any instructions or add-ons - and they'd be wrong :wink: !

You guys always forget console exists. No add ons there.

But I actually agree with you in a way, which truly blows my mind. I mean not for with disdain for the endgame community. But I think good rewards should be available to everyone. Whether its godslayer, flawless conqueror, or master angler. Or any achievements that take a lot of time, or a combination of time/effort/experience. I dont think something like exploring all of auridon should get you a mount, but i think that achievements should have better rewards in proportion to the amount of time and effort put in. Players can decide themselves what they think is cool or ideal. If they like the planesbreaker title, and mount, and thats meaningful to them, then great. And if another group of players likes master angler, and thats meaningful to them, then great as well. They should have a mount as well.

Completing certain difficult achievements is part of the reward as well. You put on the title, you have the reward (like a mount or outfit), and people know you conquered this challenge. Unfortunately those things are so few and far between, and mostly locked behind 12 man content. And i have a massive amount of respect for how much time/effort/commitment goes into those achievements. Especially with 12 people depending on each other and coordinating. I just think if everyone got good rewards, like those achievements, people could judge for themselves what they valued most for their own reasons, and then shoot for those achievements.

I also think zos reads way too much into furnishings, mementos, and body/face paint. Even dyes to an extent. Not everyone likes these things. If we had as many mount rewards as we do dyes, or outifts as we do body/face paint, etc, things would feel fair.
    Edited by Lags on September 1, 2023 7:32AM
  • Blood_again
    Blood_again
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the whole system, but some parts could have improvements.

I think AWA should be reconsidered to more character focused direction.
    All the achievements that affect the gameplay (quests) shouldn't be account wide.
    Also titles for achievements shouldn't be account wide. Dyes, mounts, collectibles - no problem. But my new 3 lvl Arcanist can wear Grand Overlord title - it is nonsence.

I would like to see more steps to curated drop. Last patch changes was very nice: Gold Coast, Hew's Bane and Cyro sets got less rng, which was real pain. But we still have lots of evil rng with Cyro weapon, Undaunted coffers and IC sets for example.

Also I would like to see some changes in dungeon and trial set drops. Curated drop is just amazing, it lowered the amount of grind dramatically. But problem is still exists due to One Tamriel drop scheme.
    There are 52 4-people dungeons in the game at the moment. Most of them have 66 simple set items (I don't include monster set here). Among this items 45 are dropped with curation from last boss. That means you have to run every group dungeon up to 45 times to fulfill your collection, if treasure chest rng doesn't like you. Multiply it on 52 (well, 47 mentioning xxx2 duplicates) - it is really hard work.
    Trials have 4 sets instead of 3, some have perfected versions, and no any treasure chest will help you with those perfected items.
    Well I think the idea to put weapon and jewelry to last boss drop is good, it is a fair reward for finishing the job. I guess that placing them to mini bosses would be way too easy. But last boss could drop two curated items on hardmode done. That way the hardmode will have good reward not for pledges only, but for everyday run.

Another reward problem - game doesn't reward the challenges like doing group content solo or in smaller group.
    It would be great to get more items, better quality items, more gold or something like that if you succesfully finished the content supposed more people in group. Let's say, ran FG1 solo - got 4 weapons and x4 gold from last.
    I predict a problem "We run in 3, then kick that dude to gain more". Well, game could calculate the reward based on maximum of group during the whole run. Entered in 4, then ended duo - you get usual reward as in 4 people group. Entered duo, then got 2 more as reinforcement for last boss - the same, 4 people counted.

One more little thing is transmute stones cap.
    I often run trials with different characters. I got weekly coffer, deconstruct a set item from it and... usually don't have a place for transmutes that are the reward too. It is not a junk for me. I want them, because update will come, I'll change and reconstruct my gear. Why should I invent a way to hold them in my inventory, if there is a currency pool?
    Please remove the transmute cap, so I could get my reward freely.

Well, anyway I find the current reward system good enough.
    My favorite part is a combination of guaranteed curated drop and trading the dungeon drop with your group.
    One side of it - you get the item you probably need/want. The more runs you do the higher chance you'll get what you lack.
    Another side of it - you can pass a set item you got to your friends, if you came just for fun of for helping them.
    So you have yours, but you're free to share. I like it way better than "voting for drop" in some other games which caused so many conflicts.
    Edited by Blood_again on September 1, 2023 12:08PM
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Eh, situational. I play this game for the gameplay, not for the shinies (which is quite convenient, since I think most of the shinies here are just godawful - why would I want to cover my character in radioactive cheetos dust?).
    And, for the things that impact gameplay, I am mostly satisfied with the reward structure. Curated drops and reconstruction have improved itemization a lot.
    My main gripe is the RNG with lead drops. I used to play a grindy korean MMO, and some of the quests there were pretty much "collect 2500 dead rat asses", and they were still better than running a dungeon over and over again to maybe get a lead from the last boss.

Edit: removed a direct reference to another game
    Edited by KlauthWarthog on September 1, 2023 2:14PM
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game needs more rewards. I've put in thousands of hours and other than doing Cadwell's silver for the sake of completing my motif collection, I have almost no incentive to do quests. They take forever and the few hundred gold you get at the end is just not worth it to me. If quests gave 20,000 or 30,000 then maybe, but this game lacks a proper gold sink so I don't think that idea is great on its own.
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA
  • Rkindaleft
    Rkindaleft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

The structure they have is just to push crown store sales which I understand from the financial aspect, but there are so few earnable rewards in game that the average player can actually obtain/care about. I have a few trial trifectas and relatively accessible to them so I won't talk about the mementos/mounts you get from those.

There definitely needs to be more things that are accessible to players in the casual/questing/mid-game level. There are so few personalities, skins and costumes that are received from participating in content in the last few years compared to up to about Elsweyr. Dungeon challengers used to give good looking skins or personalities, then they gave titles, now they're essentially pointless. Now you only get a title from the HM/trifecta. Skins are now just veteran clear rewards which I guess made them more accessible to casual players.

There are also a lot of inconsistencies across chapters with the earnable rewards. Necrom is the first zone in years that has shown some improvement in this regard with the fragments for the pet (although very few players really care or use it) and the mount that is obtainable from completing all the zone achievements but that in itself is a bit of a grind where a cool costume and personality were obtainable from doing a couple of short sidequest chains in Vvardenfell. Blackwood essentially doesn't have anything good outside of what every other zone already has (such as antiquities and motifs) and the "earnable" rewards such as for the costume from Silent Halls are RNG with abysmal drop rates which has caused them to be individually quite expensive and agonizing to grind for.

Heck, there are even weapon style pages that are designed around specific dungeons and bosses but are literally impossible to obtain anywhere else but the crown store. This is only going to get worse now since they disabled crown store gifting, many players like myself have tons of gold with now nothing to spend it on. Players grinded for gold to trade for crown store exclusives making them essentially "earnable" rewards and now we can't even do that which is going to kill a lot of players' motivation to play.

Edited by Rkindaleft on September 2, 2023 1:16AM
    https://youtube.com/@rkindaleft PlayStation NA. I upload parses and trial POVs sometimes.
    6/9 Trial Trifecta achievements.
    Tick Tock Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The RNG gets worse and worse every update.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum