Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Thanks to support I was able to get what I want from Grim Crates

Mr_Madness
Mr_Madness
✭✭✭
Wasted over 100 bucks but was worth it since I will never have to do it ever again.

Basically wanted the Personality, Costume, and horse from the Jester crate but had half of 400 and only had enough endeavors to buy 1 of the 3. I spent lot of crowns sadly to just get the crown gems and asked support to see if I can swap some apex stuff I won that I do not want for what I want. They said was not possible but they gave me little over 3k crowns which I used some for more crates.

I never won the items I want but thanks to support I got enough gems from the crates to get what I want. I have been collecting stuff to build my new main next year with Arcanist class when I have a better PC so I can fully enjoy the game without freezes or lags.

Lot of people I see complain about support so I thought I share my good experience since most of the time support does help me out a lot. Though had trouble having a friend gifting me multiple crates and only ended up only getting single crate I don't blame support since been a crisis having to deal with Scammers involving crates.

c64c9i7hja58.png
c79jvmudvxd0.png
7qve5rti93ut.png

Not using the head piece of the costume but the costume body will work perfectly for the character I am making which I will share once I am able to create him along with the new player home I am trying to create.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on August 28, 2023 3:08AM
  • MrGarlic
    MrGarlic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you got yourself a good dealer :)
    'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
    Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.
  • Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness
    ✭✭✭
    100%, even though support could not give me the item they gave me some extra crowns which gave me enough gems along with extra 60 bucks to get the mount.

The mount perfectly ties the knot on my perfect character since most mounts ingame are too flashy. Though I will only buy another mount if it was like a rune you stand on and fly above slightly like a magic carpet.

Can not wait until I upgrade my PC and make the character next year to enjoy this stuff.
  • KaosWarMonk
    KaosWarMonk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good for you.

Been waiting since last time to get the outfit.... Was expecting it to be around October and have been saving endeavours but the crates have come up now and I'm a month's worth of endeavours short. I'm not dedicated enough to pony up that much cash for the gems, maybe next year then. Shame I can't mix gems + endeavours.
  • Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness
    ✭✭✭
    Good for you.

Been waiting since last time to get the outfit.... Was expecting it to be around October and have been saving endeavours but the crates have come up now and I'm a month's worth of endeavours short. I'm not dedicated enough to pony up that much cash for the gems, maybe next year then. Shame I can't mix gems + endeavours.

Yeah I was not excited to waste cash but I got lot from making Skyrim mods so thought I could use some of the cash.

Tbh wish we can destroy tons of the Daily Crown potions we get like 1k potions = 2 gems.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it deals with crown store items.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • dcrush
    dcrush
    ✭✭✭✭
    Am I reading correctly that you managed to exchange crown crate items you did not want for crowns?
  • Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness
    ✭✭✭
    dcrush wrote: »
    Am I reading correctly that you managed to exchange crown crate items you did not want for crowns?

eh sorta. I was unable to exchange but I guess since I spent lot of crowns and got apex mounts that were none I been trying to get. So support were nice and gave me some crowns which I spent again on crates to get enough crown gems to get the mount.

I do not like buying crown crates but I am not waiting another year or 2 for the crate to get back in rotation.
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got my new PC afew weeks ago, i have had similar problems to you and let me tell you, it is worth it. playing eso without these issues makes it SO MUCH more enjoyable, enjoy your hew stuff! :3
    Give us clannfear mounts!
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To me, this is super wrong. Hear me out.

You, because you messaged support, got free crowns? Simply because you had "spent" enough without getting what you want?

What about all of the people who spend 100s of dollars on crates and DONT message support to cry about not winning the gamble?? At what point do you spend "enough" money to get the free pity crowns? 50 dollars? 100? 200?

And what about the next person who messages support, and does not get the same person? And instead they are told "sorry we cant give out free crowns?" So one person gets lucky with the person they contact getting free online currency, and the next does not?

I am not blaming you, I have messaged support before over the loot crates and drops, and I thought it as unfair back then as I do now even after receiving goods. There is no official policy setting a rule for crates and lack of reward thereof, its ambiguous and left up to fate who you get when you contact support.

I would be far happier if they either

A. Never give anyone free stuff when they dont get the good gamble off loot crates, and instead charge a lower price for crates overall.
    B. State explicitly how many crates you must purchase without receiving a desired reward at which point you will receive compensation (in whatever form that is, in your case it was crowns). This way there is a clear policy that everyone can see and utilize. However I dont see this ever happening because of Gems being added to the system, as this was the intended way for you to "spend" enough on unwanted stuff to then "buy" what you want without gambling.
    Zyvä (Nightblade) ~ Purricâne (Sorcerer) ~ Boñfürr (Dragonknight) ~ Cätnïp (Warden) ~ Boñespùrr (Necromancer)~ Catsänova (Templar)
  • dosco
    dosco
    ✭✭✭
    Not getting the items you want from crates is *the* crown crate experience. I thought this was rage bait but ig they would've deleted it if it was?
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Support giving free crowns to some players and not others ! That is outrageous....

This reminds me when people could ask the support for an apex mount that was not on sale and get it.

This is so unfair in so many ways I don't understand why it is allowed.
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why eso does that too.

Even League of Legends doesn't do that. League of Legends instead treats everyone in the community the same and no one gets special treatment for any reason.
    Edited by wilykcat on September 2, 2023 7:08PM