Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Anyone else have a desire to play dremora as a playable race?

Gray_howling_parrot
Gray_howling_parrot
✭✭✭✭✭
Torvesard in the Necrom story is such a cool character to me - idk what it is, but it's definitely made me want to play a cool dremora in the future. Is that possible lore-wise for you folks that know a lot more about that then me? Yes I know there are polymorphs, but I mean full-time as a playable race.
ESO YouTube Content Creator & Templar Tank/Healer Main
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    dremora are cool, but i doubt many of the humanoid daedra would really bother with the quests we can do in this game.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thank you.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Think there are 4 polymorphs in the game that let you change into different Dremora's.

3 from Imperial city bought with either Tel Var directly or gold from guild traders. And I think another one tied to an achievement from vet maelstrom arena.

Beyond that doubt we would get them as a playable race.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    bmnoble wrote: »
    Think there are 4 polymorphs in the game that let you change into different Dremora's.

3 from Imperial city bought with either Tel Var directly or gold from guild traders. And I think another one tied to an achievement from vet maelstrom arena.

Beyond that doubt we would get them as a playable race.

the imperial city polymorphs are xiviyn.

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xivilai houseguests or target dummies for me.
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nope.
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would make the main quest really awkward.
  • Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to play as a Skaafin!
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NO. Never.
  • Gray_howling_parrot
    Gray_howling_parrot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO. Never.

LOL. Must've hit a soft spot :D
    ESO YouTube Content Creator & Templar Tank/Healer Main
  • Aztrias
    Aztrias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are too cool to be playable sadly, the rule of fantasy is that the coolest races are never playable. :(
    Welcome Moon-and-Star to this place where destiny is made

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/498360/r-i-p-pc-eu/p1
    Nerevar forget!
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Anyone else have a desire to play dremora as a playable race?"

No, I have no idea what you're talking about. I would never dream of such a thing!
    mqnbosob6sn3.jpg
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well...ZOS must rewrite every Doremora's dialogue, if we can have such a character.
    Because, we're no more mortal.
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    with [1Stam Blade].
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".

2024/08/23
    Farewell Atsuko Tanaka...(-_-) I never forget epic acting for major Motoko Kusanagi.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well...ZOS must rewrite every Doremora's dialogue, if we can have such a character.
    Because, we're no more mortal.

technically we aren't mortal anyways. the Vestige's body is made of azure plasm like daedra native to coldharbour

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • MerguezMan
    MerguezMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Assuming your character is a dremora:
    - you can't become a vestige, no soul to steal
    - you would regenarate your body in a daedric realm for a few hundred years upon each death
    - most NPCs would refuse to talk to you, including some quest givers
    - some NPCs would attack you at sight (ie. Almalexia or Meridia are not known to be fond of dremoras)

... probably not a good idea.
    Can we play as a Minotaur instead ? :smiley:
  • Jazraena
    Jazraena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dremora Gang >:)

2tor7vcumaeq.jpg
  • finehair
    finehair
    ✭✭✭✭
    1pvclzf80zvl.jpg
    You guys don't have dremora race?
  • FoJul
    FoJul
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaustink wrote: »
    Torvesard in the Necrom story is such a cool character to me - idk what it is, but it's definitely made me want to play a cool dremora in the future. Is that possible lore-wise for you folks that know a lot more about that then me? Yes I know there are polymorphs, but I mean full-time as a playable race.
    Jaustink wrote: »

Dremora cool, goblins cool, there are many races in the Elder Scrolls series that arent playable races. New race would deff be cool
  • Quackery
    Quackery
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to be able to SUMMON a Dremora Lord with my Sorcerer! >:)

I honor my lord BY DESTROYING YOU!
    Edited by Quackery on August 28, 2023 12:26AM
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It needs to happen. There are enough friendly ones now for our character to simply be one of them.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    finehair wrote: »
    1pvclzf80zvl.jpg

nobody does

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you can play as a dremora using cosmetics. Yes, contrary to popular belief it is perfectly fine and possible to play as a dremora. No, of course the daedroth isn't going to be the Vestige or help people out of the kindness of their heart. But no one said you have to play a Vestige anyways. I only have one, all the other characters I play are NOT the Vestige, including my dremora. Playing as a daedric creature would be very cool even though none of the dialogue would match. It's not like the dialogue matches all that well anyways... like Altmer being unable to declare themselves as Summerset born-and-raised and Khajiit being treated like any other race in Elsweyr.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • Mr_Jord_Joe
    Mr_Jord_Joe
    ✭✭✭
    It wouldn't make any sense for a dremora, or daedra to do the main quest in the game, and they are much more arrogant than skyrim's elves, so no!
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe a dremora companion who mocks my every move but kills like a boss and dances every time we stop moving. I might not be serious but, on topic, I have not ever thought about being a dremora. Might be okay.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aztrias wrote: »
    They are too cool to be playable sadly, the rule of fantasy is that the coolest races are never playable. :(

More like it would go against lore and make several quests make absolutely no sense.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    1pvclzf80zvl.jpg

nobody does

[snip]

[snip]

I think he was referring to the ability of others (see the pics - several of them) to "cobble together" something like a playable daedra....

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 29, 2023 3:38PM

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only if I can overthrow Molag Bol.
  • Kalle_Demos
    Kalle_Demos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No! Stop trying to make more playable races happen! It's not going to happen! (Until the series moves to another continent like Akavir.)

dd0.gif

"If I am to be Queen, I must look fear in the face and conquer it. How can I ask my people to have faith in me if I don't have faith in myself?" - Queen Ayrenn
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't fit in the lore/story....but I do have one little Dremora <3

kfbgg15s57td.png
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    what would you suggest their passive should be?

I'm all for unlocking new playable classes on an account after completing the main story quest.