Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Atoll of Immolation, invisible enemies and longer load screens after U39

Kickimanjaro
Kickimanjaro
✭✭✭
Hi, lately I've taken to running the Atoll of Immolation public dungeon (accessed from The Deadlands portals) daily for a chance at those Annihilarch's Chosen motifs from the last boss.

I noticed this first on U39 PTS but thought it was just something weird on my end since it was my first time trying stuff out there, but there are invisible enemies in this dungeon now and the load screens seem to take much longer than before.

The load screens also seem to be the same for other people in the zone as you can see in this video I recorded this morning; another player joins me in the dungeon and appears to load in at the same time once we start going through portals to progress (that might be relevant, idk). Both load screens were almost two minutes!

As for the invisible enemies, I can still kill them with AOE effects and my pets seem to have no trouble finding them.

PC/NA

https://youtu.be/ZM925C7NsJ0
  • IsharaMeradin
    IsharaMeradin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I saw this today on PCNA. The invisible enemies are the Watchlings.
    PC-NA / PC-EU
    ID @IsharaMeradin
    Characters NA
    Verin Jenet Eshava - Dark Elf Warden (main)
    Nerissa Valin - Imperial Necromancer (secondary)
    Lugsa-Lota-Stuph - Argonian Sorcerer
    Leanne Martin - Breton Templar
    Latash Gra-Ushaba - Orc Dragonknight
    Ishara Merádin - Redguard Nightblade
    Arylina Loreal - High Elf Sorcerer
    Sasha al'Therin - Nord Necromancer
    Paula Roseróbloom - Wood Elf Warden
    Ja'Linga - Khajiit Arcanist

Characters EU
    Shallan Veil - Wood Elf Warden

ID @IsharaMeradin-Epic
    Characters NA
    Ja'Sassy-Daro - Khajiit Nightblade
  • Daedra_Squirrel
    It happened to me today.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    U39 will have bug fixes, they said... it will be fun, they said... :tongue:
  • aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    I also am getting sick of the excessively long loading sceens in the Atoll of Immolation (Deadlands), which seem even longer to me (Tasmania, au connection), as well as my companions attacking trees, rocks and bugs since the update. But what really annoys me is Azander attacking my characters with some sort of reflected flame attack that knocks them back or knocks them off their feet as well as preventing them interacting with things. Unless these invisible watchlings can attack us, at least Azander has gone feral since the update, even without a weapon or any skills I watched him doing it. It did not seem to be any invisible enemy. He would fire a skill he should not have had at thin air and from there a flame attack would hit my character. My companions are going to have to be leveled up some other way, it is getting too annoying having them in the Atoll of Immolation.
  • Kappachi
    Kappachi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dunno why but Deadlands has always had crazily long load times. I thought it was fixed, but it looks like the bug from before returned maybe(?) though not as long as it used to be... would be when you first loaded into Deadlands, and only Deadlands it was like a 5 minute wait.
  • aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    Well the watchlings are visible again! I was not brave enough to try the loading screens.
  • Kickimanjaro
    Kickimanjaro
    ✭✭✭
    The loading screens are back to being almost instant and I also see the watchlings again. Looks like this was fixed!
  • aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    Probably the loading screen issues were caused by the invisible watchlings.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here. Two minutes going through most portals in the Atoll Immolation dungeon. Invisible enemies is pretty cool tbh. For some reason my Companion knows where they are and he rushes to the enemy and attacks it so I know where it is before it attacks me.

• SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happens on PS5 too, also a word sound big where all sound grows to a crescendo and then is muted when fighting the dragons
  • nessarose_0112358
    nessarose_0112358
    Soul Shriven
    I have also been having similar issues on PS4 since the last update. I’ve noticed problems with invisible adds, particularly when the adds have fancy spawn in portals (things like fighting Herald Seekers, The Cauldron dungeon, volcanic vents, Sunspire adds, adds in Gorne and Silent Halls public dungeons). The effect is exceptionally noticeable and prevalent in overland areas. The missing adds are often combined with sound issues — my whole game will go silent minus the sound of footsteps, me getting hit by enemy attacks, or dual wield light attacks. This is sometimes followed by a large spike in sound volume.

I have tried power cycling both my router and ps4, as well as deleting save data, but none of this has helped.