Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What do you spend your crowns on?

ESOUser0x00
ESOUser0x00
✭✭✭
What stuff did you buy?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on August 18, 2023 3:28AM
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing... My crowns just pile up over time, like seals of end and gold too.

That's because my main home is full, I have the horse I prefer, no costume comes that I like better than the one I wear...

I would be interested in dyes, for my char or for my horse equipment, but it's no crown items. There is no horse equipment. A
    new house could be a thing, but the one I want is Paria's Pinacle and I'm not even sure if it will ever come back in shop...

Sooooo, all in all, the game - at least for now - has nothing that motivates me and my currencies just stack.
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I usually buy furniture packs and I keep growing my music box collection.
    mus.jpg
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skimpy costumes, style stuff like hair and adornment, all those different color eyes, skins.
  • BenTSG
    BenTSG
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been spending mine on the Dungeon DLCs since I've cancelled my sub. Missing 4 of them now and still have 1.1k crowns left, gaah.

Outside of that, I would usually only buy cosmetic things I liked. I'd always buy personality's, and the occasional Khajiit/Argonian outfit I liked, but that's pretty much it
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sitting on my crowns until I decide which characters I want to give more armory slots.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I own a boat now.
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • evymyu233
    evymyu233
    ✭✭✭✭
    crates
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dungeon motifs. Don't really have time to farm them.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The boat house and also holding some crowns to buy the scrying/excavation skill line on my Arcanist.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I buy the collector's edition DLCs when they're released-- something I started doing long before I finally decided to subscribe to ESO Plus, and I've continued doing it even while subscribed-- as well as player housing that can't be purchased with gold. I've also bought event tickets on occasion, but that's rare.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • OnnuK
    OnnuK
    ✭✭✭✭
    Locked-in polymorph packages, mostly Arms Packs and music boxes. Got all the homes I wanted so nothing for this anymore.

But I stopped buying crowns. The game achievement reward system is getting worse and push you to crown store. Unless ZOS start investing their time in game bugs/fixes/achievement reward systems/improvements, I won't buy crowns anymore (I waited one year whether they will focus on game rather crown store). We are feeding a system which kills the game. So I stopped!
    PC/EU @onnuk, Guild: ANADOLU "|H1:guild:29269|hAnadolu|h"
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I buy the upgrade to Collection Edition for the Chapters/DLC when they're released after a while, as well as the new assistants when they fit the theme I want for a house or character.
    PC-EU
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Most of them are spent in a Riften ******* purchasing skooma and the attentions of *** *******.

Edited by ApoAlaia on August 17, 2023 9:05AM
  • Nightowl_74
    Nightowl_74
    ✭✭✭
    A house here and there, a few statues, and some music boxes. Although I don't own a huge number, those are the only things I buy with any sort of predictability. The 1500 crown set of crates, whenever they switch to a new season. Otherwise, some small odds and ends over the years, like a couple hairstyles I really like.
  • SgtWinnie
    SgtWinnie
    ✭✭✭
    I got crowns for one reason....getting scrying maxxed when it comes out in the crown store.
    While I have not done it as many times as some folks here, I've had enough.
    14 toons on multiple accts on both servers is enough " grinding" for me. And that's coming from someone working on my 4th 3600 lol.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cosmetics. That's about it at this point.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Houses, costumes if I really like them, hair styles if I really like them, house guests of my favorite NPCs, and very rarely furniture and stations if they're on sale and zone story DLC if on sale.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • Calastir
    Calastir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Housing, mounts and assistants (bank/merchant).
    Chaszmyr Do'Benrae (Dunmer Magsorc Vampire Infinity) ~ Dusk Doublespeak (Breton Magplar Werewolf) ~ Stan of Rimari (Nord Dragonknight Tank) ~ Bunto Kim Alhambra (Redguard Magplar Paladin) ~ Alicyankali (Argonian Magicka Necromancer Draugr Kin) ~ Gruuman Odinfan (Orsimer Magplar) ~ Boymans van Beuningen (Khajiit Stam Warden Bowzerker) ~ Flannelflail (Imperial Stamina Nightblade Brawler PVP) ~ Calastir (Altmer Stamina Dragonknight) ~ Sallystir (Bosmer Stam Warden Frostbite PVP) ~ Zalastir (Altmer Magicka Warden Ice Storm) ~ Capt Peach (Nord Stamcanist Crux Cannon) ~ PC EU ~ Flynt Westwood (Bosmer Magicka Dragonknight) ~ PC NA ~ since May 26th, 2021.
  • endgamesmug
    endgamesmug
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dlcs or extra slots for other accounts
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually costumes/appearance collectibles or furnishings. The occasional crown crate. I've bought several appearance tokens in the past but I'm more or less happy with my character's appearance now.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't spend that much. Rarely I buy a nice costume, a piece of furniture or a house guest. Mounts and pets even less often (not even sure if I ever bought other mounts than the Vvardvark and the Dwemer car). Crownstore-only houses I find too expensive most of the time. I own a banker and a merchant each and don't need more. Will also buy a deconstruction assistant if there's ever one that appeals to me. But also in that case, one is enough.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Never buy crowns and just get the ones with sub. Last year I gave them all away. Had 20k crowns for 5 months haven't seen anything worth spending them on.
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven't bought crowns in a while, but I do get them with my ESO+ subscription. When they've piled up, I've bought the DLCs I'm interested in, so that if I ever decide to cancel my sub, I won't lose the zones I play in. I've also bought crown crates on occasion, and the odd costume and house.

I'd never buy crown packs to spend on crown crates. I think I did it once way back when I first started playing and quickly realized what a fool's game it is. But excess ESO+ crowns, no problem, because I see them as free crowns.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mostly arms packs, or the occasional house that looks interesting

other 1-time-buy functional things such as assistants and the +bag space inventory pets

i would never ever buy consumable items (xp scrolls, pots, riding lessons, poisons, etc) and i also never buy anything that only affects 1 character or is earnable in game (skill lines, skyshards, outfit slots, armory slots, etc)

ive only purchased crown crates a small handful of times, once or twice when they came out, once for the celestial crates because i liked a lot of the stuff in them instead of 1 specific thing, and technically got some of the ragebound crates that came with the shade polymorph (in this case i wanted the polymorph and the crates kind of came along for the ride, i would have bought the polymorph with or without the crates)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Usually cosmetics and accessories to customise my characters. I used to buy costumes, but since they introduced the outfit station I never wear them any more.

Pets I really liked.

I've bought a number of arms packs.

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DLC used to be my main purchase but I don't buy dungeon DLC (I don't play dungeons enough to want to pay for more of them) and in recent years they've given away the story DLC so I haven't needed to do that.

Other than that it's a mix of things but mostly cosmetics like mounts, pets, costumes, occasionally hair styles, markings and accessories. I recently bought an outfit slot when they were discounted (I'd buy more if they were account-wide) and I got a banker a while ago.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Braffin wrote: »
    Well, I own a boat now.

Same.
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gold mats, columbines, the occasional name change, end game P2W skill lines for new characters that will be levelling through BGs
  • Warhawke_80
    Warhawke_80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many things....

I went a bit overboard with the last sale.
    ““Elric knew. The sword told him, without words of any sort. Stormbringer needed to fight, for that was its reason for existence...”― Michael Moorcock, Elric of Melniboné
  • deejayvee
    deejayvee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cosmetics and houses that I don't do anything with.

I feel I spend way too much on race change tokens because of build changes.
    PC - NA