Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Confused about DLCs with ESO+

GingerNorth
GingerNorth
Soul Shriven
I'm about half a year into my ESO+ membership and I still don't understand why DLCs I see in the Crown Store are available for purchase with crowns. Are these not covered under the DLCs you're supposed to get with membership?

Can help me understand what's going on there, please?
Edited by GingerNorth on August 17, 2023 12:38AM
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can buy DLCs so that you still have access to them when you no longer have ESO+. You only have access to those unlocked with ESO+ while you currently have ESO+.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are only “renting” DLC access with ESO+. If you drop the sub for any reason you lose access to any that you haven’t bought. That’s why they are available for purchase even with an active sub. In fact, many people use the crowns they get from subscriptions to buy DLC so they’ll never lose access.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche