Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Canceling ESO+

JARTHEGREY
JARTHEGREY
✭✭✭
Hi. Just looking for a bit of info about cancelling ESO Plus (maybe from someone who's done it?) I feel like I've gone as far as I wanted to go with it, so I was wondering if someone could tell me what I will lose when I cancel ESO+?

I know I will lose the craft bag and any contents, as well as losing 50% of my carrying capacity. Also aware that I will not have access to certain 'dlc areas' and I know that any unspent Crowns will be lost. Not sure what happens to skills and CP etc however. Have I missed anything else? Does anyone have any tips before cancelling?

As I understand it, once I cancel - I will still be able to play (through GamePass) - is that correct?

As always, many thanks in advance for any hints or tips.
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You will not lose any unspent Crown, you paid for them they are yours!
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You still keep the content in your craft bag and can still take things out to sell or use them to craft. You just cannot add any more to the craft bag.
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ok so ....

You keep the craft bag but as said above you cannot deposit anymore just remove

You lose half your BANK capacity your inventory stays the same.

You lose access to all DLC areas you do not own but keep the skill lines, you just cannot progress them any further and in some cases cannot do the thing the skill line is associated with, notably jewelry crafting(you must have access to Summerset) and Antiquities, you can no longer scry or excavate.

Cp are unaffected

You lose half the spaces in all your houses, so for example a 700 slot house becomes a 350 slot house. The extra furnishings stay where they are but you cannot make any changes until you drop below 350. Basically that house is now unchangeable!

There is a small loss to xp and gold gain iirc that's 10%

You still own the game, you can still play all the base game, IC and Morrowind.

Edit:- I forgot to say you can still use the Blade of Woe(Dark Brotherhood skill line) and you can still open Thieves Troves(Thieves Guild skill line)
    Edited by freespirit on August 15, 2023 2:50PM
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • ProudMary
    ProudMary
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JARTHEGREY wrote: »
    Hi. Just looking for a bit of info about cancelling ESO Plus (maybe from someone who's done it?) I feel like I've gone as far as I wanted to go with it, so I was wondering if someone could tell me what I will lose when I cancel ESO+?

I know I will lose the craft bag and any contents, as well as losing 50% of my carrying capacity. Also aware that I will not have access to certain 'dlc areas' and I know that any unspent Crowns will be lost. Not sure what happens to skills and CP etc however. Have I missed anything else? Does anyone have any tips before cancelling?

As I understand it, once I cancel - I will still be able to play (through GamePass) - is that correct?

As always, many thanks in advance for any hints or tips.

Only thing you will miss is storage, but there are ways around that. I formed a personal guild bank and got free 500 slots from that, so no storage issues for me. I subbed for 8 years, but see no reason to sub ever again unless massive direction changes drop for the game.

You will not lose any slots in carrying capacity, but your bank will be limited to 240 slots.

Edited by ProudMary on August 15, 2023 4:07PM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    FYI about losing the crafting bag. While the items already in the crafting bag remain there, any crafting done will draw from the bag before your existing inventory.

Anything in the bank beyond what you have directly paid to expand the bank will remain there until it is withdrawn. So if you have more items than your base bank capacity you cannot deposit anything more until you bring the bank level down.

It is not that big of a deal after you bring down your inventory. ESO requires managing inventory even with ESO+ since we get a lot of drops. It just becomes a little more work without the crafting bag.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've cancelled ESO+ many times (I normally play without a subscription but sometimes get one tempoarily) and I'd say the main thing is to think about what you'll do with crafting materials. If you're going to sell them it might be worth having a character to hold onto them until there's space in a guild store and you've got enough to list. If you want to use them you'll need to make sure you have space to store them.

I have a dedicated crafter, who also looks after my guild store (so he holds any excess stock) so I keep blacksmith, woodworker, clothier and jewelery items in his inventory. Enchanting, provisioning, alchemy and common style materials go in the bank (because they seem to be the ones I pick up most often so it saves the trouble of moving them). Non-racial style materials, trait item and furniture items go in a storage chest in my house because I don't need those as often.

Here's the official list of ESO+ benefits, these are the only things that will be affected:
    • Full access to all DLC game packs available in the Crown Store - new zones, quests, dungeons and more!
    • Unlimited storage for crafting materials.
    • 1650 crowns per month to spend on the in-game store.
    • Double Bank space for your account.
    • 10% increase to Experience & Gold acquisition, Crafting Inspiration, and Trait Research rates.
    • Double Furnishings and Collectibles space in player housing.
    • Exclusive ability to dye costumes.
    • Double currency cap for Transmutation Crystals.
    • Exclusive access to unique Crown Store deals.

Any DLC areas (including previous chapters) which you don't own won't be accessible and any characters there will be moved to another location. You can get access back at any time by buying the DLC. Progress in quests and skill lines will be saved, you just won't be able to make more progress. Any rewards unlocked will still be available.

Items in the crafting bag will still be there. You won't be able to put anything else in and crafting will draw from there before your inventory so over time materials you use will be cleared from the crafting bag and ones you collect will build up in your inventory. But if you don't use them (or manually remove them) they'll just sit there.

Crowns you've already got will stay, but you won't get more each month.

If you're using more than half your current bank space the extra items will stay in there but you won't be able to deposit anything else until you free up some space.

The 10% bonuses to XP, gold, crafting XP and research are just gone, but they're very minor bonuses.

Furnishings you've placed in your houses will stay and can still be used (if they're interactive) but you won't be able to place more if you're above the new limit.

Costumes you've dyed will stay dyed, but you won't be able to change the dyes or dye any new ones you unlock.

Transmutation charges - same as the other limits, if you're above the new cap you'll keep the extras but won't be able to get any more.

Crown store freebies will be unavailable to you. You will still be able to buy the discounted items, but they'll cost more.

One other thing: any time remaining on your current subscription will remain, you won't lose ESO+ until it runs out. You could, if you wanted, buy a 30 day subscription and cancel it on the first day and you'll still get all 30 days, it just won't renew after that.
    freespirit wrote: »
    You lose half the spaces in all your houses, so for example a 700 slot house becomes a 350 slot house. The extra furnishings stay where they are but you cannot make any changes until you drop below 350. Basically that house is now unchangeable!

You can still move furnishings, but only within the area they're in. If you remove them, even just 'tempoarily' or to take them through a door then you can't put them back but as long as they stay in the house you can do what you like with them.

Ages ago during a free trial I dumped 200 books on the floor of one of my houses, then spent months after that carefully moving them onto book shelves. I just had to be careful not to push the button to remove them.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"