Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

[SUGGESTION] Please add MAX level tokens

eternalshockcable
eternalshockcable
✭✭✭
just what it says please add max level tokens
Edited by eternalshockcable on August 7, 2023 10:27PM
Dear Community/Followers,

I want to address recent concerns regarding allegations of inappropriate direct messages and supposed cheating. First and foremost, I want to clarify that I do not admit to any wrongdoing. However, I understand that my actions may have been perceived in a way that caused concern.

As many of you know, I am a disabled veteran who served in Iraq, and I am permanently and totally mentally disabled. My PTSD, which was formally diagnosed in 2013 after being reclassified in the DSM-5, has affected me in ways that are difficult to fully explain. While this is not an excuse, it has, at times, clouded my judgment and impacted my behavior. This condition is something I have lived with for a long time, and it is a daily challenge.

As an influencer, streamer, and game reviewer with over 300 reviews, 800 followers on Twitch, and 1,600 followers on TikTok, I understand the responsibility that comes with my platform. Our role as influencers is to set a positive example, and I want to make it clear that I do not condone actions that go against the Terms of Service (TOS) or End User License Agreements (EULA) of any platform or community. Even though societal norms have evolved, and what was once deemed acceptable behavior in the past is no longer appropriate, I am committed to adapting and ensuring that my actions reflect the values we strive for today.

I want to go forward with a commitment to better representing the disabled members of our community. I recognize that I may never fully "fit in" or be "normal," but I am dedicated to improving and learning from these experiences. It is crucial that we have more flexibility and better support services for disabled veterans like myself, so we can remain active members of our communities without being unfairly limited by our disabilities. These services would help ensure that we can make better decisions and avoid situations like this in the future.

Thank you for your understanding, and I am grateful for the continued support of this community as I work to become a better version of myself.

Sincerely,
theshockcable
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No because that is the borderline definition of Pay too Win.
  • Daoin
    Daoin
    ✭✭✭
    no because no, you can however pay someone your gold (not me) to take you to black rose prison or do dolmens free, or that place in craglorn or find a place where there are plenty of mobs to kill and start on those alone.
    Edited by Daoin on August 7, 2023 10:24AM
  • Hawkeye
    Hawkeye
    ✭✭✭✭
    No thanks. As silly as it sounds I enjoy levelling up my alts. And if levelling your character is to much then I would say stop playing. IT is a game after all :)
    What is the definition of insanity? Ask ZOS.
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I love playing alts, but I hate levelling. To be fair; if there was a way to buy max level I'd probably do it. Same counts for crafting skill level, I have 19 master crafters and number 20 on the way. It's just effort I'd rather spend on something else in the game.
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like the consumable experience tokens on gw2 that increases experience gains on certain parts of the game and it only lasts for 2 hours. They got like 4 different types.

Eso has experience scrolls that work similar to gw2 experience tokens. They both can be used for leveling up characters that grants bonus XP(experience points).

Experience scrolls/tokens/buffs mostly affect leveling and certain ones(other types) can also affect the experience points gained in crafting, abilities/skill lines, mounts, exploring, monster(npc) killing, quests, events, dungeons, CP, talent trees, and pvp.
    Edited by wilykcat on August 7, 2023 12:20PM
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's also sealed alchemy writs, there isn't a level requirement to do them and getting to 50 alchemy takes 30 seconds. You only need 10 skill points to get to 8/8, 3/3 chemistry, and no recipes to learn. Then just bulk craft the potions and poisons then accept the sealed writs, turn it in, accept the next, repeat. With a 150% exp scroll and 100% exp event you go to 50 without ever moving from one spot.
    Edited by phaneub17_ESO on August 7, 2023 8:40PM
  • eternalshockcable
    eternalshockcable
    ✭✭✭
    to remain competitive teso needs max level tokens. my shortest post?
    Dear Community/Followers,

I want to address recent concerns regarding allegations of inappropriate direct messages and supposed cheating. First and foremost, I want to clarify that I do not admit to any wrongdoing. However, I understand that my actions may have been perceived in a way that caused concern.

As many of you know, I am a disabled veteran who served in Iraq, and I am permanently and totally mentally disabled. My PTSD, which was formally diagnosed in 2013 after being reclassified in the DSM-5, has affected me in ways that are difficult to fully explain. While this is not an excuse, it has, at times, clouded my judgment and impacted my behavior. This condition is something I have lived with for a long time, and it is a daily challenge.

As an influencer, streamer, and game reviewer with over 300 reviews, 800 followers on Twitch, and 1,600 followers on TikTok, I understand the responsibility that comes with my platform. Our role as influencers is to set a positive example, and I want to make it clear that I do not condone actions that go against the Terms of Service (TOS) or End User License Agreements (EULA) of any platform or community. Even though societal norms have evolved, and what was once deemed acceptable behavior in the past is no longer appropriate, I am committed to adapting and ensuring that my actions reflect the values we strive for today.

I want to go forward with a commitment to better representing the disabled members of our community. I recognize that I may never fully "fit in" or be "normal," but I am dedicated to improving and learning from these experiences. It is crucial that we have more flexibility and better support services for disabled veterans like myself, so we can remain active members of our communities without being unfairly limited by our disabilities. These services would help ensure that we can make better decisions and avoid situations like this in the future.

Thank you for your understanding, and I am grateful for the continued support of this community as I work to become a better version of myself.

Sincerely,
    theshockcable
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why would eso need tokens to jump you to max lvl to remain competitive, when people can already get from 1-50 in under 2 hours from a well experienced brp farmer?

not to mention theres a lot of problems jumping right to 50

you would have:
    • no skill lines unlocked (fighters, mages, psijic, etc)
    • no class skill lines leveled (all would be lvl 1 so you would have 3 skill to choose from)
    • no crafting skill lines leveled (because you never deconned anything)
    • no wayshrines unlocked because you never went anywhere

most of those things such as wayshrines are still a problem even if you use traditional powerleveling methods
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I personally wouldn't buy one I don't see any good reason not to have them. If people want to pay real money to get to level 50 and not know how to play their new character, why should I care?

That being said, ZOS uses daily logins as a marketing point, so I doubt they'll add anything like this that reduces that number.

Edit: missing word
    Edited by Marcus684 on August 9, 2023 8:17PM
  • Octagneh
    Octagneh
    Absolutely not.
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to reach max level instantly, play on the PTS.
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a player who has been here since Beta, I’m okay with this, IF, they already have a max level character :)
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imagine paying more money to avoid playing the game you paid for... of course, to each their own!

As someone said above, I wouldn't mind such a token existing if a player already has one max level character. A lot of important stuff will get missed by a new player who just immediately jumps to 50, and they might end up with some regrets, imo.
  • Octagneh
    Octagneh
    Absolutely not.
    Imagine paying more money to avoid playing the game you paid for... of course, to each their own!

As someone said above, I wouldn't mind such a token existing if a player already has one max level character. A lot of important stuff will get missed by a new player who just immediately jumps to 50, and they might end up with some regrets, imo.

Oh 50 is the target number? I thought by the way they had Max in all capital letters, they meant 3600.
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh I'm not sure, if we're talking about jumping to max CP though... then definitely not lol. That's so ridiculous to me that I didn't even consider that might be what they meant.
    Edited by valenwood_vegan on August 9, 2023 9:58PM
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    People are arguing that it's pay to win, and that it's flawed because you don't have skill lines leveled and you don't have wayshrines, etc.

I think it's fine. It's not increasing anything if if requires you to already have a level 50 (assuming it only gets you to 50), and if it maxes your class skills then it doesn't have the problem people are talking about. Sure you'd have to level other skill lines, but guess what? those skill lines are already in the cash shop to be auto max leveled if you want them to be, and so are sky shards. As people already said, you can power level to 50 in 2 hours with the help of someone who knows what they're doing. All this does is it caps the cost of that at what it would cost to buy it with crowns.

I'd personally never use it. I can level up a character to 50 in about a day. No reason to buy it. But I'm sure some people would.
    Edited by merpins on August 9, 2023 10:17PM
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    merpins wrote: »
    People are arguing that it's pay to win, and that it's flawed because you don't have skill lines leveled and you don't have wayshrines, etc.

I think it's fine. It's not increasing anything if if requires you to already have a level 50 (assuming it only gets you to 50), and if it maxes your class skills then it doesn't have the problem people are talking about. Sure you'd have to level other skill lines, but guess what? those skill lines are already in the cash shop to be auto max leveled if you want them to be, and so are sky shards. As people already said, you can power level to 50 in 2 hours with the help of someone who knows what they're doing. All this does is it caps the cost of that at what it would cost to buy it with crowns.

I'd personally never use it. I can level up a character to 50 in about a day. No reason to buy it. But I'm sure some people would.

Completely agree. I have 14 toons. Played one all the way through. Every story. Every skill line everything. The other 13? Some got grinder when V16 was a thing but I grinded all except my main. I would have loved to have a level 50 token then. But now it’s so easy to get to 50. But if somebody wants to pay for that I say let them. Ain’t hurting me or anyone else. Not everyone plays the game the same way. But I do think they need to lock it behind already having a level 50 toon on the account wanting the token.