Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Zenithar Event reduced housing

Ramzdonb16_ESO
Ramzdonb16_ESO
✭✭✭
Was excited to see that there was a discount on housing during the event.

Sad thing is 80% of the houses are unavailable to buy, hidden behind limited edition crown store windows, also not for gold and for around £70

Just a bit of a rant and a request to make the houses all purchasable (and for gold) or simply removed from sight until available for the insane amount of crowns.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    while i highly doubt zos will ever make the crown only houses available for gold, have you tried checking the map filters to hide the houses? i havent really looked at that but you can choose to hide acquired vs unacquired skyshards, i would figure a similar option exists for houses

i personally would support having all of the houses available for gold, but that will likely never happen
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Ramzdonb16_ESO
    Ramzdonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    while i highly doubt zos will ever make the crown only houses available for gold, have you tried checking the map filters to hide the houses? i havent really looked at that but you can choose to hide acquired vs unacquired skyshards, i would figure a similar option exists for houses

i personally would support having all of the houses available for gold, but that will likely never happen

I didn’t know that was an option will defo have a look thank you!
  • NoticeMeArkay
    NoticeMeArkay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In all honesty, not speaking for my wallet here, but I'd actually welcome if zenimax would allow players to buy "crowns only" houses during the first week of the event for huge HUGE amounts of gold.

It would give players a chance on spending the gold and pumping currency out of the system. I spot more and more people (not just on the forums) that are clueless on what else to spend their hard earned gold on. We've reached the point where it's become common to suggest buying carry runs. I find that rather odd. Meanwhile it would give players who can't spend almost 70-80€ on a player home a chance, to prepare for this one week a year and save up gold by working hard.

It would definetly fit the theme of the event, it would bare a rare rewards that had people look forward to and help reducing the inflation by having players spend huge masses on gathered up ingame currency at once.
  • zetavivern
    zetavivern
    ✭✭✭
    In all honesty, not speaking for my wallet here, but I'd actually welcome if zenimax would allow players to buy "crowns only" houses during the first week of the event for huge HUGE amounts of gold.

<...>

...and help reducing the inflation by having players spend huge masses on gathered up ingame currency at once.

The gold's inflation in the game is actually insane.
    Unlike in the real world, gold in MMOs comes from nowhere and mostly stays in the game. All prices consistently grow (according to TTC and personal experience) because players amass more and more gold and therefore are willing to pay more.
    It really hit me when I told my friend (a much more invested player than I) that I can finally make 100k gold per month and they replied that they make 100k gold per day. Players like this can casually spend millions of gold on furniture or gear or whatever without ever running low, but give them a crown-exclusive house for 50 mil gold? Now that would change the economy drastically, and in a good way, I think. For casual players nothing will really change since that goal would be nearly unreachable, but rich players (who I think are a minority - not everyone does daily crafting writs on 18 characters) would have a goal that would make them consider how much they're willing to spend on other things, thus slowing the inflation. And then this gold will finally be taken out of the system, limiting the inflation even further.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zetavivern wrote: »

<...>

...and help reducing the inflation by having players spend huge masses on gathered up ingame currency at once.

The gold's inflation in the game is actually insane.
    Unlike in the real world, gold in MMOs comes from nowhere and mostly stays in the game. All prices consistently grow (according to TTC and personal experience) because players amass more and more gold and therefore are willing to pay more.
    It really hit me when I told my friend (a much more invested player than I) that I can finally make 100k gold per month and they replied that they make 100k gold per day. Players like this can casually spend millions of gold on furniture or gear or whatever without ever running low, but give them a crown-exclusive house for 50 mil gold? Now that would change the economy drastically, and in a good way, I think. For casual players nothing will really change since that goal would be nearly unreachable, but rich players (who I think are a minority - not everyone does daily crafting writs on 18 characters) would have a goal that would make them consider how much they're willing to spend on other things, thus slowing the inflation. And then this gold will finally be taken out of the system, limiting the inflation even further.

i usually on avg make about 500k gold a week (+/- a bit depending on how much sells)

but i dont usually buy that much from other guild traders, i just hoard it, or i spend it on furnishing vendors (which is a gold sink), or i give it to my gf to buy stuff from the furnishing vendors lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities