Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What New personalities would you like to see?

FeedbackOnly
FeedbackOnly
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Above question
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Something that changes the swim animation. I hate the swim animation so much.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i really want to be able to use the factotum personality with my bosmer girl without using the polymorph.

i love using the arkthzand armory and apostle motifs and it would be so nice to have her move like a factotum with the noises that factotums make
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • meekmiko
    meekmiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »

Hehehe, maybe somethin' like an "Athletic" personality then? Maybe they run in place or stretch and such, and when they jump in any sort of water they do a crazy butterfly stroke?
    🌟PC/NA CP2025+ [Been playing since 2016]
    JUSTICE FOR APEX CAMELS 🐪✨ Bring 'em back!
    vMA / vVH / vDSA / vBRP / vAA HM / vSO HM / vHRC HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS+1 & +1 / vCR+2 / vSS / vKA/ vRG
    • 🌩️ 🏹 EP - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer / Bosmer StamSorc (DPS) -Main DPS-
    • ☀️ 🛡️ EP - Mihi'Mai-Ra, Plague of Peryite / Khajiit StamPlar (Tank) -Main Tank-
    • ☀️ ✨ EP - Lady Lapa'au, The Magnanimous / Khajiit MagPlar (Healer) -Main Healer-
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Ra'venk, Style Master / Khajiit MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ EP - Bird gra-Shuzgub, Forge Breaker / Orc StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ✨ EP - Blades-at-the-Ready, Witch / Argonian MagBlade (Healer)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Lady Fortuna the Blessed, Grand Champion / Imperial StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🔥 🛡️ EP - Plays-in Volcanoes, Mystic / Argonian StamDK (Tank)
    • 💀 ☄️ EP - Ko'shamari the Doomweaver, Dovahkriid / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 🌱 ✨ EP - Sorvete, Countess / Khajiit StamDen (Healer)
    • 🔥 🏹 EP - Falora Veloth, The Merciless / Dunmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 🌩️ 🛡️ AD - Shimmers-with-Static, Spark of Vengeance / Argonian StamSorc (Tank)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Amarri-do the Magnificent, Clan Mother / Khajiit StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Z'majii-dar the Quick, Battlegrounds Butcher / Khajiit StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ EP - Habasi the Glamorous, Seeker of Artifacts / Khajiit StamDK (DPS)
    • 🗡️ 🛡️ EP - Yana-la the Iron Lotus, Silver Knight / Khajiit StamBlade (Tank)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Mog gra-Ushug the Scholar, Master Historian / Orc MagCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🛡️ EP - Mamaea the Sledgehammer, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamCanist (Tank)
    • 👁️ 🏹 EP - Elsyiir Lichenhollow, Lady / Bosmer StamCanist (DPS)
    • 💀 🛡️ EP - Vashpurri-do the Corrupt, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamNecro (Tank)
    • & I only dabble on the PC/EU server sometimes:
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun / Bosmer StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Sings-a-Song-of-Storms / Argonian StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ☄️ DC - Helainie the Shadebringer / Breton MagBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Steals-Many-Hearts / Argonian MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Pashet the Nimble / Khajiit StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🔥 🏹☄️ EP - Furoni the Ember / Dunmer HybridDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Am-Kesh / Argonian MagCanist (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ AD - Eldrinthr the Flame-Heart / Bosmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ AD - Bajaa the Blackened Beast / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 💀 ⚔️ AD - Vashpurri-do the Corrupt / Khajiit StamNecro (DPS)
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if they made class-based personalities? Arcanists could idle by flipping through their tomes, sorcerers could play with lightning, templars could call down a brief golden light, etc.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lag-killer

The idle animation produces an hourglass, throws it to the ground, and crushes it underfoot.
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I want one with a good idle animation.
    For example, I don't like the Passion's Muse personality, but I like their stretch emote. So I use an addon that lets you customize your personalities by having your character automatically cycle through emotes. I just made it so the stretch emote triggers the moment I stop moving, and nothing else happens so it just stays that way. Now Passion's Muse is one of my favorite personalities. But I had to use an addon to make it that way?

Nah. Zos, just make personalities with cool idle animations.
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a smoking personality

it's about time we get this cuz i aint a drinker!

forget the drunk personality man
    Edited by rabidmyers on August 5, 2023 7:26PM
    at a place nobody knows
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    merpins wrote: »
    I want one with a good idle animation.
    For example, I don't like the Passion's Muse personality, but I like their stretch emote. So I use an addon that lets you customize your personalities by having your character automatically cycle through emotes. I just made it so the stretch emote triggers the moment I stop moving, and nothing else happens so it just stays that way. Now Passion's Muse is one of my favorite personalities. But I had to use an addon to make it that way?

Nah. Zos, just make personalities with cool idle animations.

What's "cool" is subjective. Is there something specific you dislike about the Passion's Muse idle?

For example, I didn't want the Maniacal Jester personality even though I like the creepy walk because I hate the way it makes your character pull out giant weapons that don't look anything like what my character is already wearing. I don't want my staff-wielder to suddenly be holding a gaudy dagger or hammer. I hope ZOS doesn't do that with future personalities. Pulling out something generic like a coin or mug is okay, but please no more weapons.
  • FlipFlopFrog
    FlipFlopFrog
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want the Old Mjolen personality. Its like a really elderly all hunched up one. Perfect for wizards.
    PC EU
  • AuroranGoldenEagle
    AuroranGoldenEagle
    ✭✭✭
    I want goofy personalities!

I'd love a body builder one for fun. Would be hilarious to see some skinny bosmer guy pumping and flexing as part of his idles. Maybe he can get down and do push-ups randomly?

Or a narcissist one where you're character is always looking in a hand mirror and smiling and finger-gunning their own reflection, even while running hahah
    You have discovered the thirty-seventh Sermon of Vivec, which is a bending of the light, long past the chronicles of the Hortator who wore inconstant faces and ruled however they would, until apocalypse.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    meekmiko wrote: »
    Soarora wrote: »

Hehehe, maybe somethin' like an "Athletic" personality then? Maybe they run in place or stretch and such, and when they jump in any sort of water they do a crazy butterfly stroke?

How about soldier in the imperial War
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personality types I want added in to game (they're all silly ones):
    1. Spunky (spirited, positive, hyper, cheerful)
    2. Emo (gloomy and emotionless)
    3. Punk rockstar.
    4. Anime neko personality (only for kahjiits).
    Edited by wilykcat on August 6, 2023 11:00AM
  • JakaWild
    JakaWild
    ✭✭✭
    They should fix the personalities they have in-game already before trying to release more.With all the speed increases that are available (like CP) they just break.Jester doesn't break with added movement speed,Drunk doesn't break with movement speed either.

So why does assassin,thief (im sure there's more) break with movement speed? there's threads on these forums from back in 2018 talking about this exact thing.Where's the fix?

lets take thief for example (1,200 crowns) thats been in the store for ages.The preview of it has a run animation and a crouch run,and doesn't do anything with any form of +movement speed.Whats the point? why is that even allowed at all without some warning.Its been broken for the last 5 years?!?

yes i wasted 1,200 crowns on something that doesn't do what was advertised.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Adding my own

Scientist
    Inventor
    Blacksmith
  • Nissowolf
    Nissowolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Two personnalities i wish to see added :
    as mention above, the old mjolen personnality, one called "elder" one.
    A "wounded" personnality for people that are hurt
    Roleplayer
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Less exaggerated and overdone ones. Why is there always some weird walk animation, or constant strange weapon animation?

Deadlands Firewalker and Minstrel is probably the two best personalities we have, because anything more eyecatching is emote prompted. They got natural idles too.

I've wanted the "Old", "Shy/timid", and "Wounded" personalities we see regularly on npcs for years. Nice and subtle but with plenty of flavour.

Other nice ones (as long as they are not exageratted messes) would be:
    Monk/priest
    Sickly or perhaps a beggar one.
    Maybe some soldier or mercenary one, that uses some of the weapon out animations we see npcs use lately. Like resting weapon on shoulder or infront of them, but with our weapon and not some unique looking one that doesn't match our character.
    Something like the duchess, but more masculine.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Less exaggerated and overdone ones. Why is there always some weird walk animation, or constant strange weapon animation?

Deadlands Firewalker and Minstrel is probably the two best personalities we have, because anything more eyecatching is emote prompted. They got natural idles too.

I've wanted the "Old", "Shy/timid", and "Wounded" personalities we see regularly on npcs for years. Nice and subtle but with plenty of flavour.

Other nice ones (as long as they are not exageratted messes) would be:
    Monk/priest
    Sickly or perhaps a beggar one.
    Maybe some soldier or mercenary one, that uses some of the weapon out animations we see npcs use lately. Like resting weapon on shoulder or infront of them, but with our weapon and not some unique looking one that doesn't match our character.
    Something like the duchess, but more masculine.

I agree with you about the weapons and some of the NPC personalities that are already in game.

I'm curious which personalities or animations you think are overdone (besides the weapons)?

Personally, I'd rather have more than less. If I'm paying for a personality, I want to notice the changes. I don't want it to be too subtle because then I won't bother.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How about a barbarian one
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vampire, witch, werewolves personalities like zombie one
    Edited by FeedbackOnly on August 15, 2023 10:45AM
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How a knight personality
  • derkaiserliche
    derkaiserliche
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like something more warrior/knight like.

Most of the personalities are too exaggerated to me, i prefer simple ones.
  • BardokRedSnow
    BardokRedSnow
    ✭✭✭
    I agree on warrior ones, would love one for instance that has animations for the weapons you have equipped, kinda like how the arena emotes will change depending on what is equipped.
    Tes fans hate Ulfric Stormcloak for imagined bigotry but love Dagoth Ur, the Empire, and the Telvanni unironically.
  • Warhawke_80
    Warhawke_80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything that improves the run/walk animations

My Nord looks silly.
    ““Elric knew. The sword told him, without words of any sort. Stormbringer needed to fight, for that was its reason for existence...”― Michael Moorcock, Elric of Melniboné
  • Haywire30
    Haywire30
    ✭✭✭
    I fully agree with the idea of more subtle personalities, myself.

Hell, speaking for myself, I would advocate going a full step further and adding a personality studio... so, a window in which you have your various idle/idle2/running/walking/jumping/random emotes etc etc... and then you choose which personality you want to draw from. Gets annoying when, say, you find a personality with a really nice idle, but the walking/running animation ruins it. Let people pick and choose, I say.
  • alay_NB
    alay_NB
    ✭✭
    I'd like something more. In the lines of vampires and werewolves; become a djinn and be floating as a blue doctor manhattan. New skills that can be used in Ravenwatch.

This would go nicely along with the two new atronach banker and merchant assistants.

Sure and an additional personality would be cool too; crosslegged floating.

More masculine pirate personality and polymorf would be just great.