The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Where does the Lore come from?

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
And will we ever run out? I know there is tons and awed at those that know it?

How is/was the Lore developed?

What could possible be next? 4th era....peace?

Share with me what could happen in the 5th Age. Or end the 4th

Forgive me please if I tread to close to blasphemy....

Z

• NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish I had a good memory, so I could study Elder Scrolls lore and actually remember it.

But alas, I have the memory of a goldfish.

I’ve neverrr been good with names or dates or places. I don’t know how I ever passed a Social Studies or History class.
    Check out the ReShade I made: Crispy Sharpness
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The lore is developed through every elder scrolls game and any external additions such as the two books. You can read all of it at UESP or the imperial library. ESO is the best place to get new lore right now as it'll be a few years until we get TES6 and Blades is pretty ignorable I don't know how supported it still is. It's mostly based on the in-game books. Right now (as in 4E coming off of TES5: Skyrim) the biggest trouble is the lack of Towers. The 3rd Aldmeri Dominion wants to reset the world so that the Altmer may go back to Aldmeris and re-ascend to godhood. Dealing with the Dominion will probably be the end of 4E and the entrance into 5E unless they succeed and everything slingshots back to the beginning.

The lore is so deep and complicated in areas that even if no new additions to the lore came from games, there's still much to figure out. There's also the realm of headcanons-- I've been headcanoning a lot about Maormer.

I wish I had a good memory, so I could study Elder Scrolls lore and actually remember it.

But alas, I have the memory of a goldfish.

I’ve neverrr been good with names or dates or places. I don’t know how I ever passed a Social Studies or History class.

I'm not good at the memorizing names/dates thing either, just not something I'm interested in absorbing I guess. I'm not good at it with TES lore either, I can't even remember what year it is... but I'm able to remember lots of other things.
    Edited by Soarora on August 5, 2023 3:15AM
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    Right now (as in 4E coming off of TES5: Skyrim) the biggest trouble is the lack of Towers. The 3rd Aldmeri Dominion wants to reset the world so that the Altmer may go back to Aldmeris and re-ascend to godhood.

Worth noting that this is just a theory and by no means has been confirmed in any in game text or dialogue.
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    "The lore is so deep and complicated in areas that even if no new additions to the lore came from games, there's still much to figure out. There's also the realm of headcanons-- I've been headcanoning a lot about Maormer."

@Soarora Yeah! It's like an evolving Simarillion ...but I do love it!
  • prof-dracko
    prof-dracko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excavated from the Lore Mines by the noble Data Miners.