The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Need some advice about Sorceror

maccloud7
maccloud7
since you can make anything you want in this game. I would like to know if it would be possible and good idea to make sorcerer more like an hunter from WOW ??? wearing medium armor, having a pet to tank, using a bow, and learning CC spell to kite. you guys think it would be good ? how should I build this character ?

thx for your precious advice

and no im not a fan of WOW. Only played 2 til 1st expansion of it. I just want to know if its possible and if it would be good to set my sorcerer more like a hunter, using a bow and the pet tanking, and learning only CC spell.
  • lefty1117
    lefty1117
    Soul Shriven
    That would work fine. Go for it!
  • D3sstroyer
    Ive used to play warlock in wow i wish there was some better choice of pets in this game,sorceror is just too easy to kill by mobs over 1
  • CaptainTrips
    CaptainTrips
    ✭✭
    D3sstroyer wrote: »
    Ive used to play warlock in wow i wish there was some better choice of pets in this game,sorceror is just too easy to kill by mobs over 1

Dude that must be the way you play because I dominate as a sorcerer - literally storming through mobs 2 or 3 levels above me. Loving the class so far.
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    D3sstroyer wrote: »

Dude that must be the way you play because I dominate as a sorcerer - literally storming through mobs 2 or 3 levels above me. Loving the class so far.
    This. I am currently level 7, and have soloed level 12 and 14 mobs as sorcerer. And I am not a Min/maxer. I never use blocking at all. So it is not the game, it is the build/tactics.

That being said, even with a really crappy build you should be able to solo mobs at your level or a level below with few problems. And if all else fails...run. I am able to outrun most mobs I encounter without sprinting.

• tawok
    tawok
    ✭✭✭
    You could try. Though if I were shooting for a WoW hunter, I'd do it on a DragonKnight.
    Leader of Stand by Your Van

Find me online @Tawok
    On steam at Apocky+Tawok
    Streaming On Twitch
    On the Tube

Hayl: Sword & Board DragonKnight
    Tawok: 2h Aedric Templar
    Hyll: Summer Sorcerer Extraordinaire
  • spideyfk
    spideyfk
    Exactly. Sorcerer here as well currently level 10. I use skills from all 3 trees and a restoration staff as my weapon. So far, i was able to handle everything pretty well.
    But regarding what you asked, i think it´s really possible.Take into account that the summon won't attack unless you attack first, but between the spells and the bow skills, you can control the monster(s) withput issues i believe. You MAY need of course to manage all 3 attributes (Health, Magicka and Stamina).
    Just remember, this is not WoW.
  • Greydog
    Greydog
    ✭✭✭✭
    tawok wrote: »
    You could try. Though if I were shooting for a WoW hunter, I'd do it on a DragonKnight.

Except a Dragonknight doesn't get a pet.

"I Plan on living forever ..so far so good"
    Sanguine's Disciple

Asylum Amoebaeus ..A refuge for those who normally fly solo.
    Message me here or in game for an invite
  • Riny01
    Riny01
    ✭✭✭
    In beta one of my sorcerers used a bow & it worked pretty well with the spells & clannfear as my summoned pet. Give it a go, you can always switch weapons later if your not satisfied.