Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Player guilds and Featured Guilds - is there a difference?

yoemeuunito
I'm so confused about this one, I know that you can only join 5 guilds. Right now I've got 3, mages, undaunted and fighters. But here's the thing, you can only join 5 "guilds," and according to the wiki, the are a lot more than simply 5 in game. So is it just player guilds you can only have 5 of? and as many other "in game" guilds as you like? And by in game I mean created by a player. LLAD. (Long Live Aldmeri Dominion).

Edit: Oh thank you, I've been wondering about that for a while. Thanks everyone. (LLAD)
Edited by yoemeuunito on April 1, 2014 10:00PM
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    YES!

There is a difference.

The limit for "guilds" which are player owned guilds is 5 (and max 500 people per guild).

The other "guild" are NPC run and basically open up additional skills for you to invest your skill points in :D
  • Jessabella
    Jessabella
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are not the same. So you can still join 5 player guilds. The ones in game are more like quests and give you skills when you unlock them. I have not seen more then the 3 currently in game. Unless I am misunderstanding your question!
    Mara's Tester <3Psijic Order/PTS Tester
    Jessabella >:)Belladonna Bacia >:)Serves her Master >:)Aurora Rose
    Mara's Moxie <3The Sidekick Order <3The Psijic Order <3Elder Moot
    And my big fat Naked Nord :pAte my Clothes
  • Extractor
    Extractor
    Hawke wrote: »
    YES!

There is a difference.

The limit for "guilds" which are player owned guilds is 5 (and max 500 people per guild).

The other "guild" are NPC run and basically open up additional skills for you to invest your skill points in :D

anyone know how many NPC guilds you can join in the game and is there any consequence to joining the wrong NPC guilds? I want to be an archer but the mages guild has invited me, any harm in joining them or should I stick to my focus?
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can join ALL of the NPC guilds. They open up new skill lines that you might be interested in taking in the future. There is no downside.
  • Extractor
    Extractor
    Hawke wrote: »
    You can join ALL of the NPC guilds. They open up new skill lines that you might be interested in taking in the future. There is no downside.

TY Hawk!