Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Change region starts downloading 22 gb again

jaxx0rr
jaxx0rr
Change region from NA to Europe starts downloading 22 gb again..
and since probably half the server population is doing it because the game automatically chose the bad region in the first place I just wanted to know if:
1. this is a april 1 prank or if it is permanent...
2. If it is permanent I would like to know who is programming this game, humans or monkeys ?
3. If they are monkeys are they fed properly ?

thank you for your time

EDIT: quick fix -> rename folder "The Elder Scrolls Online" to "The Elder Scrolls Online EU" to switch from NA to EU .. or other way around to go to NA ..
Launcher will repair and verify installation much faster than redownloading all..
Edited by jaxx0rr on April 1, 2014 7:17PM
  • Darrett
    Darrett
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you start the download, cancel it and check your ESO folder. There should now be a folder in there for the other server which is empty or nearly so. Copy and paste your client from one game folder into the new server folder, and restart the game. It should verify files and say you're good to go.
  • claudekennilol
    claudekennilol
    ✭✭✭
    which one is "the bad region"?
  • morrowe
    morrowe
    I'm playing on EU server now. If I download the US version and want to go there, will I need to download EU again once I want to go there again?

In a nutshell; will I have to download 22gb anytime I want to change the region :neutral_face:
  • jaxx0rr
    jaxx0rr
    morrowe wrote: »
    I'm playing on EU server now. If I download the US version and want to go there, will I need to download EU again once I want to go there again?

In a nutshell; will I have to download 22gb anytime I want to change the region :neutral_face:

NO

the folders remain there
    EU is called
    C:\Program Files\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online EU
    NA one
    C:\Program Files\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online

its C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\ on windows 64 (or if you changed to custom folder you know where it is...)

so if u wanna switch and don't plan to go back to other server RENAME folder
    if you sometime plan to play on other server because this one is down (and you have a lot of space) just COPY the folder (for me its about 33 gb !!)

instructions:

first go in launcher and small wheel and select your region .. it will start downloading... stop it.. then...

-if u are on eu and want na:
    rename from "The Elder Scrolls Online EU" to "The Elder Scrolls Online"
    -if u are on na and need eu
    rename from "The Elder Scrolls Online" to "The Elder Scrolls Online EU"

basically the " EU" is the difference

now start launcher again.. it will offer the option to repair.. it will verify the new folder (takes about 5 min on a good hard drive) and it should work (did for me)
    Edited by jaxx0rr on April 4, 2014 7:25AM