Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

There should be a crow ragpicker assistant!

netch_a_sketch
netch_a_sketch
✭✭✭✭
It would make sense, a little crow picking apart your shinies, and would go along with the crow banker and merchant. Thoughts?
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    sure would be nice if i did not have to pay for it as i already have Giladil
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • evymyu233
    evymyu233
    ✭✭✭✭
    i always want new crow assistants ;)
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    sure would be nice if i did not have to pay for it as i already have Giladil

this

i dont like the original ragpicker, and they have a daedra one, but because its just a skin change, im not shelling out 5000 crowns for a skin change

they really need a different way to handle these assistants as i like having variety, but im not shelling out the exorbitant amount of crowns for a skin change

we need one of 3 things to happen:
    • give us a 50% discount if we already own at least one of that type of assistant
    • allow us to "trade in" assistants we already have
    • overhaul the current system so you "pay" a larger amount to unlock the functionality and then allow us to change the skin of the assistant (so 5000 crowns is fine to unlock the merchant assistant for example, but each "skin" would be like 500-1000 crowns that we could select from the customization menu)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • SerLoras
    SerLoras
    ✭✭✭
    I think it would be really great if there were complete matching sets for all assistants. My mild OCD is always annoyed that my Factotum merchant and banker don't have a matching Factotum Decon assistant to work with them.

We also need more Decon and/or Armory assistants to have a full matching set for the cat assistants, and the crows you mentioned, and the new Attronach ones. We just need more matching stuff in this game in general. Seems like a no brainer that people would pay extra to have a complete a matching set. Plus, I bet designing matching items is a lot easier for the devs, since they can recycle some of the art resources.

That said, anyone that thinks they are gonna get any new assistants they release for free needs a reality check. ZOS doesn't have any incentive to make new assistants other than to get people to pay for them.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SerLoras wrote: »
    I think it would be really great if there were complete matching sets for all assistants. My mild OCD is always annoyed that my Factotum merchant and banker don't have a matching Factotum Decon assistant to work with them.

We also need more Decon and/or Armory assistants to have a full matching set for the cat assistants, and the crows you mentioned, and the new Attronach ones. We just need more matching stuff in this game in general. Seems like a no brainer that people would pay extra to have a complete a matching set. Plus, I bet designing matching items is a lot easier for the devs, since they can recycle some of the art resources.

That said, anyone that thinks they are gonna get any new assistants they release for free needs a reality check. ZOS doesn't have any incentive to make new assistants other than to get people to pay for them.

i dont think every released assistant needs to be free, but they are actually losing money from me because there is no point to buying say multiple merchants if the cost is as high as it is

i had the original 2 assistants (banker and merchant) for a long time through like 4 other variants of assistants before getting the factotum ones, but it was still very frustrating that A) the cost of the factotums and B )the fact i still have the original assistants gathering dust because i dont like using them

i actually really like the atronach assistants, but will i get them? absolutely not, at least not at a 5000 crown price when i already own 2 variants of the merchant and banker already
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

• ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Factotum, crow, Alfiq, and now atronach versions of merchant and banker. Yes, there should be deconstruction and armorer assistants in each set.

It makes me wonder if there shouldn’t be daedric merchant and banker to go with Aderene and Zuqoth. Maybe Dremora or Twilight?
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    Factotum, crow, Alfiq, and now atronach versions of merchant and banker. Yes, there should be deconstruction and armorer assistants in each set.

It makes me wonder if there shouldn’t be daedric merchant and banker to go with Aderene and Zuqoth. Maybe Dremora or Twilight?

the crow assistants are daedra too. just not humanoid daedra like golden saints and dark seducers
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • netch_a_sketch
    netch_a_sketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    they are actually losing money from me because there is no point to buying say multiple merchants if the cost is as high as it is

They are gaining more money from people who buy all the assistants than they are losing from you, one single player. You're not really the target audience they're trying to get the most money out of. It's the people with enough disposable income to go ahead and buy 200 crown crates and fully decorate those huge houses. That's why everything is so expensive, because there are people who can afford it.

Really predatory monetization system, and it sucks. But it's not going to change.
    Besides, the people making the monetary decisions in this game probably havent even played ESO, and definitely don't read the forums.

Some of the suggestions here for cosmetic items can be passed on to the design team though. Just not the CEOs and people in charge of how much things cost. Even the developers of the game don't like how it is monetised but it's not their decision to make.
    Edited by netch_a_sketch on July 27, 2023 9:15AM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they are actually losing money from me because there is no point to buying say multiple merchants if the cost is as high as it is

They are gaining more money from people who buy all the assistants than they are losing from you, one single player. You're not really the target audience they're trying to get the most money out of. It's the people with enough disposable income to go ahead and buy 200 crown crates and fully decorate those huge houses. That's why everything is so expensive, because there are people who can afford it.

Really predatory monetization system, and it sucks. But it's not going to change.
    Besides, the people making the monetary decisions in this game probably havent even played ESO, and definitely don't read the forums.

Some of the suggestions here for cosmetic items can be passed on to the design team though. Just not the CEOs and people in charge of how much things cost. Even the developers of the game don't like how it is monetised but it's not their decision to make.

i certainly have the disposable income i could buy all of the assistants if i wanted, but i personally dont see the point in paying 5000 crowns (nearly $40) for a reskin of something i already have, to me thats a waste of money

the same goes for crown crates, im not buying those (more because i hate loot boxes than the price), and i also rarely buy any of the fancy stuff for houses because its also too expensive (i want to put the mundus stones in my house, but im not spending ~40,000 crowns to get all of them)

im sure im not the only one who feels that way either, i was merely voicing my opinion on the matter

they are losing money from me because their junk is overpriced, and i would probably actually spend $50-100 a month on the crown store if the prices were significantly reduced (at least 50% of what they are) and if we could buy stuff from the crown crates directly (i know endeavors exist too, but you can only earn those so fast)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

• netch_a_sketch
    netch_a_sketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Necrotech_Master
    I understand this but you are not the only ESO player. They are making over 18 million dollars per year from ESO alone, in 2022 they made almost 511 million dollars total from all sources. So I think they'll be fine with a few thousand players not buying all their assistants or even using the crown store at all. Most of their revenue comes from very rich people who do buy everything. Usually hundreds of crown crates.

Zenimax Media Inc. who own the franchise (NOT Zenimax Online Studios who develop the game) are a massive corporation, they don't want to give things away for free. They are noy generous and they are not philanthropists. Players are nothing but an asset to squeeze money out of.

TL;DR Capitalism is not fair and you're not going to get free or half pric4 stuff that is priced at a very expensive rate no matter how many times you ask. It's literally designed for people to buy more assistants that they like better (hence why they release the cooler looking assistants quite a while after the standard looking ones. Even crown crates and ESO+ free trial dates are strategically distributed during times players are.more likely to buy into the game and invest long term.

I hope this was helpful for you, but again I'd like to reiterate that ZOS have nothing to do with the monetization process, please do not complain to the developers, it is not their fault and they hate it as much as you. Their job is to design the game, not make the price tags.
    And especially the forum mods, they don't even make the game. They can't help you with sales or price tags. They're just here to moderate the forum.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Necrotech_Master
    I understand this but you are not the only ESO player. They are making over 18 million dollars per year from ESO alone, in 2022 they made almost 511 million dollars total from all sources. So I think they'll be fine with a few thousand players not buying all their assistants or even using the crown store at all. Most of their revenue comes from very rich people who do buy everything. Usually hundreds of crown crates.

Zenimax Media Inc. who own the franchise (NOT Zenimax Online Studios who develop the game) are a massive corporation, they don't want to give things away for free. They are noy generous and they are not philanthropists. Players are nothing but an asset to squeeze money out of.

TL;DR Capitalism is not fair and you're not going to get free or half pric4 stuff that is priced at a very expensive rate no matter how many times you ask. It's literally designed for people to buy more assistants that they like better (hence why they release the cooler looking assistants quite a while after the standard looking ones. Even crown crates and ESO+ free trial dates are strategically distributed during times players are.more likely to buy into the game and invest long term.

I hope this was helpful for you, but again I'd like to reiterate that ZOS have nothing to do with the monetization process, please do not complain to the developers, it is not their fault and they hate it as much as you. Their job is to design the game, not make the price tags.
    And especially the forum mods, they don't even make the game. They can't help you with sales or price tags. They're just here to moderate the forum.

yes i am quite aware of all of that, i know how capitalism and business works, i didnt ask for free, and in fact i already spend close to $200 a year on eso minimum (yearly sub + deluxe collector editions for expansions + the occasional crown store purchase for something that looks cool, and as i noted in my other post i have the disposable income to buy whatever i wanted from the crown store)

again was just voicing my opinion that i personally wont bother buying useless overpriced stuff (such as a reskinned assistant) unless the prices are lowered, so as a customer i am displeased with the practice and the only way i can voice an opinion against a business is spending less money on them (and complaining about it here on the forums)

nowhere in my post did i suggest the mods have power to make price changes either, so not sure why the massive explanation on that
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master