Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Minstrel Personality appreciation post

Anumaril
Anumaril
✭✭✭✭✭
Just wanted to make a quick post about how great the Minstrel Personality is. It successfully alters the demeanour of the player character without wildly changing the way they stand, walk, or run. A problem I've had with other personalities is that even if some aspects of them are really nice, others are exaggerated to the point of being unusable for me, like with the Passion's Muse Personality due to it's walking animation. Other personalities can also feel unnaturally stiff and awkward, like the running animation on the Swashbuckler and Thief Personalities.

So far the only "permanent" personalities I always wear on my characters is the Deadlands Firewalker (my favourite by far) or Minstrel. So kudos for the great work on the Minstrel Personality! Can't wait to see what other (more subtle) personalities we get in the future :)
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same. Minstrel and Deadlands Firewalker is probably my two most used and favourite personalities. Got Minstrel the first time it appeared and was very pleased with it. No annoying unusual emote constantly being animated, like Assassin, no weird walk that looks so much different from the idle, like Passion's Muse.

Both got nice and subtle idles, and all the emotes that are less subtle has to be prompted. I hope we get more subtle ones, because it often feels like ZOS don't think people would want a personality unless it is exaggerated.

For years I've waited and hoped for the "old" and "shy/timid" ones we see on some npcs.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the instruments but the running animation makes your character look like they have to poop :(
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • demonology89
    demonology89
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly wish the minstrel personality would allow us to keep playing our instruments while moving. The day I can chase some random group in Cyrodiil while playing my instrument of choice will be grand!
  • illusiouk
    illusiouk
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly wish the minstrel personality would allow us to keep playing our instruments while moving. The day I can chase some random group in Cyrodiil while playing my instrument of choice will be grand!

Reminds me of the old Dark Age of Camelot days, When I did exactly that on my Bard and Minstrel, mezzing with my flute.
  • DirtyDeeds765
    DirtyDeeds765
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its kind of a let down. I was assuming your character would play an instrument while you were idle.

I GUESS I could see how that would be obnoxious with 10 players standing around idle LOL

@DirtyDeeds765