The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Lost the Main Quest

Zabus
Zabus
✭✭✭✭
I was playing the game and the quest suddenly disappeared. I can no longer advance in it. Is there a way to get it back or do it again from the start? I don't want to make a new character.. I know how hard it is to try to level up in the game WITHOUT completing the main quest, but it's gonna take some time to get all my skills back if I create a new character. I wish this game wasn't so buggy..
Zavus - Khajiit Nightblade EP | AR 50
Zāv - Imperial Templar | AR 24
Zavbags - Argonian Nightblade EP | AR 19
Zabus - Redguard Nightblade DC | AR 13
Negate Three - Breton Sorcerer EP | AR 19
  • Mulk
    Mulk
    ✭✭✭
    What do you mean by lost? The quest isn't present for large chunks of time as you play the game, so it's not like you always have a quest in your log for it.

Which quest and what were you doing when it vanished?
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Prophet tends to pop in when you way shrine into a zone. Leave and return through one. You may be able to pick the quest back up again. He's also always in the same spot if you want to just go and talk to him.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Zabus
    Zabus
    ✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    Prophet tends to pop in when you way shrine into a zone. Leave and return through one. You may be able to pick the quest back up again. He's also always in the same spot if you want to just go and talk to him.

I went to back into that house after the tutorial and he was gone. Unless they changed it from the beta and there's no longer a main quest then I don't know what happened.
  • Zabus
    Zabus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mulk wrote: »
    What do you mean by lost? The quest isn't present for large chunks of time as you play the game, so it's not like you always have a quest in your log for it.

Which quest and what were you doing when it vanished?

The prophet one. Do you mean to tell me that it'll appear as I'm doing other quests? It seems weird that I can do it all in one go, it is the main quest..
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I went to back into that house after the tutorial and he was gone. Unless they changed it from the beta and there's no longer a main quest then I don't know what happened.
    Ah, I see your confusion. Get to level 5. He will show up with the next part of the quest, and the location he will be in from then on, especially if you way shrine into the mainland from the starter islands.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Zabus
    Zabus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you.

Ah, I see your confusion. Get to level 5. He will show up with the next part of the quest, and the location he will be in from then on, especially if you way shrine into the mainland from the starter islands.

Thank you.
  • Mulk
    Mulk
    ✭✭✭
    What drio said. It comes in chunks. The lore reason is that it takes time for the Prophet to determine locations and next courses of action. An in game reason would be to give you time to level up and power up, because some of the main quest stuff is actually rather difficult.