The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Max skill?

SirWilhelm
SirWilhelm
Soul Shriven
I see my crafting skill rise as I craft, but to put it in context, what is the maximum crafting skill level? Do you need to be certain players levels to advance beyond skill limits or can you just reach max skill in town if you have unlimited materials?
Willhellm, Imperial Templar, member of The Sundered Guard in Daggerfall Covenant and budding blacksmith
  • SirPuppingtonVonHat
    SirPuppingtonVonHat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe that crafting currently maxes out at skill level 50. Its independent of player level, so you can theoretically reach skill level 50 at player level 1, but you would not be able to use most of what you make and would not have enough skill points to take advantage of the passives in each skill tree.

Hope that helps.
    The Psijic Order
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    I imagine you get little to no skill gains from the first tier of crafting after skill level 5 (when you can purchase the next tier) so no I don't think you could max the crafting skill on a level 1 (investing no skill points in crafting).