Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

There's too much senche mounts out there

Wow
Wow
✭✭✭✭✭
There's too much senche :'( mounts out there meanwhile not so much for camelids. ZoS please for the love of the camels release more of them. The last good camels that we had was in Bandaari crates, and I failed to obtain it.
I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the cat mounts. 🐈
  • dragonlord500
    dragonlord500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so far we have had a horse with every single crown crate for as long as I can remember. now THAT is what we have too much of.
    Guild master of Darkness of Sanguinaris. Birthday is December 4th.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Need guar radiant apex.
    PC NA
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like my Khajiit Ko'Linahr to be able to ride mer as mounts. If mer can ride khajiits (senche), the reverse should be possible. Fair's fair! :)
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only mounts I like are the senche and guar. 🤷‍♀️
    Check out the ReShade I made: Crispy Sharpness
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so far we have had a horse with every single crown crate for as long as I can remember. now THAT is what we have too much of.

At least until they give us actual horses, and not something that pretends to be a horse.

They should stop putting other stuff in apex so we can have things like camels as well as others.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also hate that the horses hairs are as if they were glued to their right side like wth
    Edited by Wow on July 24, 2023 7:09AM
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow wrote: »
    I also hate that the horses hairs are as if they were glued to their right side like wth

I agree with this. The hair being glued to heads kind of bothers me as well.

Hair on mounts and characters needs to have realistic animations and physics.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wilykcat wrote: »
    Wow wrote: »

I agree with this. The hair being glued to heads kind of bothers me as well.

Hair on mounts and characters needs to have realistic animations and physics.

That's not possible in ESO. We can't even have capes because of the engine and how much lag it would cause.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The manes and tails do lack a lot in looks, though (...like any part of them). The strange lack of forelock often makes them look extra weird as well. The base game horses actually got a tiny bit of forelock, but only if you have the inventory upgrade visible.

The "slimmer" horse model probably got the worst mane and tail look. They look mistreated, almost mangy.

Some of the models actually got some nicer looking manes, such as these
    ON-mount-Winter_Garland_Dapple_Gray.jpg
    ON-mount-Masqued_%22Unicorn%22_Steed.jpg
    ON-mount-Valiant_Sovngarde_Charger.jpg

It's tragically amusing that one of the base game horses with longer forelock, is the zombie horse of all things.
    ON-mount-Zombie_Horse.jpg

We are very unlikely to ever get horse manes with physics. Some slight movement tops, but I don't get why they make the manes and tails so weird looking or hide them on the majority on them.
    Get a new skeleton and model for the horses, which looks and moves more like an actual horse, then do more manes like the ones above (but better), instead of the weird mangy or small curtain on the middle of the neck ones.
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on July 24, 2023 9:06PM