Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Free items that I have already... AGAIN?

mattaeus01b16_ESO
mattaeus01b16_ESO
✭✭✭✭
Free torch bug pet! But I already have it? The fact that I waited well over a year to win one on a Twitch channel to now have it given out for FREE is a literal slap in the face (just adding to the count)
Already had all the Dragon Born stuff... The pet... The mount... the Weapon sets... For the Vvarenfell anniversary? Already paid for the pet, so winning one was useless.
And now we get a free pet that Twitch users may or may not have won over the years that they could show off, for FREE?

COME ON ZOS! Do better... You could have at least reskinned one in less time then it took me to type this out.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
@ZOS_Kevin
@ZoS_Whoeveractuallycares?
  • meekmiko
    meekmiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP to those of us who were lucky enough to win the Devoted Torchbug through giveaways [snip]

[edited for baiting]

???
    Edited by meekmiko on July 18, 2023 7:29PM
    🌟PC/NA CP2025+ [Been playing since 2016]
    JUSTICE FOR APEX CAMELS 🐪✨ Bring 'em back!
    vMA / vVH / vDSA / vBRP / vAA HM / vSO HM / vHRC HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS+1 & +1 / vCR+2 / vSS / vKA/ vRG
    • 🌩️ 🏹 EP - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer / Bosmer StamSorc (DPS) -Main DPS-
    • ☀️ 🛡️ EP - Mihi'Mai-Ra, Plague of Peryite / Khajiit StamPlar (Tank) -Main Tank-
    • ☀️ ✨ EP - Lady Lapa'au, The Magnanimous / Khajiit MagPlar (Healer) -Main Healer-
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Ra'venk, Style Master / Khajiit MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ EP - Bird gra-Shuzgub, Forge Breaker / Orc StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ✨ EP - Blades-at-the-Ready, Witch / Argonian MagBlade (Healer)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Lady Fortuna the Blessed, Grand Champion / Imperial StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🔥 🛡️ EP - Plays-in Volcanoes, Mystic / Argonian StamDK (Tank)
    • 💀 ☄️ EP - Ko'shamari the Doomweaver, Dovahkriid / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 🌱 ✨ EP - Sorvete, Countess / Khajiit StamDen (Healer)
    • 🔥 🏹 EP - Falora Veloth, The Merciless / Dunmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 🌩️ 🛡️ AD - Shimmers-with-Static, Spark of Vengeance / Argonian StamSorc (Tank)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Amarri-do the Magnificent, Clan Mother / Khajiit StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Z'majii-dar the Quick, Battlegrounds Butcher / Khajiit StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ EP - Habasi the Glamorous, Seeker of Artifacts / Khajiit StamDK (DPS)
    • 🗡️ 🛡️ EP - Yana-la the Iron Lotus, Silver Knight / Khajiit StamBlade (Tank)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Mog gra-Ushug the Scholar, Master Historian / Orc MagCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🛡️ EP - Mamaea the Sledgehammer, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamCanist (Tank)
    • 👁️ 🏹 EP - Elsyiir Lichenhollow, Lady / Bosmer StamCanist (DPS)
    • 💀 🛡️ EP - Vashpurri-do the Corrupt, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamNecro (Tank)
    • & I only dabble on the PC/EU server sometimes:
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun / Bosmer StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Sings-a-Song-of-Storms / Argonian StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ☄️ DC - Helainie the Shadebringer / Breton MagBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Steals-Many-Hearts / Argonian MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Pashet the Nimble / Khajiit StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🔥 🏹☄️ EP - Furoni the Ember / Dunmer HybridDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Am-Kesh / Argonian MagCanist (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ AD - Eldrinthr the Flame-Heart / Bosmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ AD - Bajaa the Blackened Beast / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 💀 ⚔️ AD - Vashpurri-do the Corrupt / Khajiit StamNecro (DPS)
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not everyone watches Twitch streams and gets free things this way. I know I don't. I am pleased with the free gifts.
    PCNA
  • mattaeus01b16_ESO
    mattaeus01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought I had seen it all but apparently not. A gripe about something free lol.

Wouldnt you have to GET said item for free in order to GRIPE about it? Please explain to me how me not getting an item is griping about getting something for free?

[snip]

[edited for baiting]

Edited by ZOS_Kraken on July 18, 2023 5:05PM
  • mattaeus01b16_ESO
    mattaeus01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not everyone watches Twitch streams and gets free things this way. I know I don't. I am pleased with the free gifts.

Well Im glad you are happy.
    I for one WATCH twitch and put in the time to get slapped in the face by ZOS again

WAITING FOR SNIP EDIT...
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely should have just made a new green torchbug. Then people who have one already can have two… good for furnishing houses. But too late now…
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll take the free torchbug pet and place it next to Mirri in my home, thanks!
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Torchbugs are pretty hard to get. i am happy we can get the Devoted Torchbug through this new bundle.
    if i already had it, i would be happy for everyone else who is able to get it now.

[snip]

[edited for minor baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Kraken on July 18, 2023 10:31PM
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can of course still "show off" your torchbug, it isn't taken away from you. Even better, more of your fellow players can join the party and we all can happily "show off" together. That's fantastic, isn't it?
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been chasing a green torchbug for years, but my RNG on streamer giveaways is not good. I've been dying to get one for ages, and I'm so happy I can finally get it.

[snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Kraken on July 18, 2023 10:33PM
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've been chasing a green torchbug for years, but my RNG on streamer giveaways is not good. I've been dying to get one for ages, and I'm so happy I can finally get it.

[snip]

You simply can't. Prayers and sacrifices, offered with humility and trust, may help, but in the end the gods of rng alone decide who is worthy to be risen above the mere mortals.

And you could build them a shrine, like the guy over here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/67igic/i_have_built_a_shrine_to_rng_god_where_you_can/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

[edited quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Kraken on July 18, 2023 10:33PM
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought the Imperial Edition of the game in 2014, which gave me the any race, any alliance perk. Then I bought the Alliance Rider outfits and the Alliance War Horse for a total of 3500 crowns (don't ask me why). You now get those things as part of the Any Race, Any Alliance Bundle, for 2000 crowns. I'm glad I just got a free torchbug.
    Edited by FriedEggSandwich on July 18, 2023 10:00PM
    PC | EU
  • BulletMagnetX
    BulletMagnetX
    ✭✭✭
    A literal slap in the face.

A literal one.

With an unwashed covidy hand

Slap!

Literally slapped.
    Edited by BulletMagnetX on July 18, 2023 10:06PM
    Molag's balls!
  • mattaeus01b16_ESO
    mattaeus01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

I gotta say, I never understood this whole "my thing is special because other people don't have it" mentality. Especially when the thing you could do that others couldn't was 'have good RNG with giveaways.'
    ...I guess you must have worked really hard for that. Look, where can I train my RNG up? I've been trying to git gud there, but nothing seems to work.
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    Torchbugs are pretty hard to get. i am happy we can get the Devoted Torchbug through this new bundle.
    if i already had it, i would be happy for everyone else who is able to get it now.

this is a weird thing to be angry about
    Braffin wrote: »
    You can of course still "show off" your torchbug, it isn't taken away from you. Even better, more of your fellow players can join the party and we all can happily "show off" together. That's fantastic, isn't it?

For the record. I never once said I wasnt HAPPY for you all to get your free stuff [snip]

The Thread is about how ZOS recycles items excluding a, either minority or majority of people who have already earned something in game or purchased it threw other means.

[snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Kraken on July 18, 2023 10:27PM
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I gotta say, I never understood this whole "my thing is special because other people don't have it" mentality. Especially when the thing you could do that others couldn't was 'have good RNG with giveaways.'
    ...I guess you must have worked really hard for that. Look, where can I train my RNG up? I've been trying to git gud there, but nothing seems to work.
    LunaFlora wrote: »

this is a weird thing to be angry about
    Braffin wrote: »

For the record. I never once said I wasnt HAPPY for you all to get your free stuff

The Thread is about how ZOS recycles items excluding a, either minority or majority of people who have already earned something in game or purchased it threw other means.

Thank you very much for your kind words. It's very much appreciated.

[edited quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Kraken on July 18, 2023 10:28PM
    ---
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About receiving free stuff and getting stuff that the player already owns.

With RNG each item has a number in the code of the game. If landed on a certain number then a certain item will be received. Receiving duplicate numbers in a basic rng code can be common.

There is a way (in the code) that prevents receiving duplicate items and a few online games figured it out.

I think it's some kind of AI that scans/recognizes all the items(specific numbers) a player already owns and it let's the program know to land on any other number(s) instead of the ones a player already has. I need to do more research on this.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    wilykcat wrote: »
    About receiving free stuff and getting stuff that the player already owns.

With RNG each item has a number in the code of the game. If landed on a certain number then a certain item will be received. Receiving duplicate numbers in a basic rng code can be common.

There is a way (in the code) that prevents receiving duplicate items and a few online games figured it out.

I think it's some kind of AI that scans/recognizes all the items(specific numbers) a player already owns and it let's the program know to land on any other number(s) instead of the ones a player already has. I need to do more research on this.

this post is about the Arcanist bundle that's currently in the crown store, not about rng
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • evymyu233
    evymyu233
    ✭✭✭✭
    i always want to have a torch bug pet,but when i start this game no torch bug drop on twitch anymore.i hope zos can sell other torch bugs :)
  • Ezhh
    Ezhh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A friend of mine went to a lot of effort to win a code for the devoted torchbug to me, and it's been my most precious pet ever since.

I know it's nice to give more people access to things they might not have, but it would have been nice if they gave a new colour torchbug instead, so that it's something new for everyone.