The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

FIX for players who cannot use "ignore" in game

SadisticSavior
SadisticSavior
✭✭✭
So obvious in hindsight, but it had me fooled. Found this on another forum:
The spambots are gaining intelligence. In Auridon we encountered several who would create enough space in their message that their own name was invisible, without enlarging the chat window; later, a second bot utilized a clever method to create a false-name in the chat window.

If you can't right-click a name to ignore, scroll up a bit higher. The bot is generating space, and then typing in a decoy name -- it's just regular text, but it looks like a second user. In this instance, the user was something along the lines of ATMfourb or some such nonsense, but it threw out [superman] as a mask. Users were trying to ignore [superman], only to discover that right-clicking wouldn't work.

If you encounter this, scroll up a bit, and look for the previous poster (likely using a canned message -- in this case, '***?'). Ignore and report THAT user, and we all win.
  • dpgirl
    dpgirl
    ✭✭
    go to esoui.com ... get SpamFilter.
    After you install it, edit the SpamFilter.lua file, and change the top data section for defaults to what is below... this will auto-ignore anyone who says something that matches a filter... which these settings get current spammers. Have to add more to the list I'm sure as they change their text or website URLs.
    data =
    {
    ["GoldSeller1"] = "--WWW%.MMOWIN%.COM--",
    ["goldah%.com"] = goldah%.com,
    ["GOLDAH%.COM"] = GOLDAH%.COM,
    ["G4EZ%.COM"] = G4EZ%.COM,
    ["g4ez%.com"] = g4ez%.com,
    ["tesgoldmall"] = TESG0LDMALL,
    ["goldceo"] = GOLDCEO%.COM,
    ["currencyoffer"] = currencyoffer,
    }
  • snowmanflvb14_ESO
    snowmanflvb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    ah nice idea on the filter sweet
    Magic is impressive but now Minsc leads SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!
  • Paks_ESO
    Paks_ESO
    ✭✭
    Great ideas, but please make sure you ignore AND report. We don't need them in their own little bubble. We need to reduce their numbers while making their lives as hard as possible in game.
    PC/NA
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paks_ESO wrote: »
    Great ideas, but please make sure you ignore AND report. We don't need them in their own little bubble. We need to reduce their numbers while making their lives as hard as possible in game.

This. Ever so much this. I can't stress enough that if you don't take action to rid the game of as many as possible, you don't get any right to complain about gold spammers. I don't care if it's a thirty step process, I'm going to do it every time.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • Willow
    Willow
    ✭✭✭
    Make your font size 11 and then make your chat box as wide as it will go. You then can scroll and get the name for those spammers that are texting long messages.
  • Greydog
    Greydog
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've found that 12 works as well and is easier to read.
    "I Plan on living forever ..so far so good"
    Sanguine's Disciple

Asylum Amoebaeus ..A refuge for those who normally fly solo.
    Message me here or in game for an invite