The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Suggestion: Put daily Imperial City quest givers in the sewers for pickup

Ode2Order
Ode2Order
✭✭✭
Hi, the quest givers already have their spots in the IC sewers when you go to hand in the quests, why can't they be there for picking the quests up? This would be helpful because it'll be easier to grab all quests in one go, rather than having to try to go up and down the ladders but continuously being denied for "jumping campaigns" too soon. Bit of quality of life.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 10, 2023 4:44PM
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what jumping campaigns means (Sorry never saw that). I just queue for Cyrodill and then go back to IC over and over. I've thought the same thing, why not just put them all in the sewers. There's no reason to place them all separately.
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, please.

I prefer to pick up all 6 quests before jumping down into the Districts so if I die doing one, I can rez up in a different District and work on that quest instead.

Up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down is such a great start to the game session. /s
    Options
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure what jumping campaigns means (Sorry never saw that). I just queue for Cyrodill and then go back to IC over and over. I've thought the same thing, why not just put them all in the sewers. There's no reason to place them all separately.

When you're going up and down the ladders between the sewer base, you will sometimes get the message "Unable to jump. You are already queued for that campaign" or something similar. That's what the OP was referring to.
    Options
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »

When you're going up and down the ladders between the sewer base, you will sometimes get the message "Unable to jump. You are already queued for that campaign" or something similar. That's what the OP was referring to.

Thanks, ignore my first comment. I was thinking of getting back to home base after jumping down from near the daily quest givers. I also just go up and down the ladders (PS4) however have not seen this. Probably due to console versus Xbox or PC.
    Options
  • Hoghorn
    Hoghorn
    ✭✭✭
    when i do all the ic district quests i work clockwise, going up the ladder>p/u quest>do the quest>port to cyrodiil and back>repeat with next district. what is the benefit of picking up all the quests before starting? it seems to be the default but i've never seen anyone actually say why they do it this way.
    Options
  • Ode2Order
    Ode2Order
    ✭✭✭
    Hoghorn wrote: »
    when i do all the ic district quests i work clockwise, going up the ladder>p/u quest>do the quest>port to cyrodiil and back>repeat with next district. what is the benefit of picking up all the quests before starting? it seems to be the default but i've never seen anyone actually say why they do it this way.

I don't want to port to an entirely different zone just to be able to pick up quests in the one zone. Also, what would I do during prime time? Sit in the queue forever to be able to port to cyro/ic just to pick up ic dailies?
    Options
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The way Imperial City works, the quests are only available from the spawn towers. Once you jump down into the Districts, you can't pick them up if you move to another District, IIRC. Also, it can become relatively difficult to get back to the same District if you die. You have to respawn in a friendly district or in the sewers if there are no friendly districts. So if you wanted to do the easy Arena quest but it's controlled by an enemy alliance and you die with 7/10 prisoners freed, it can be a little challenging to get back there from the sewers unless you leave IC and come back or use a Sigil of Imperial Retreat.

In addition, even if you can get right back to it, there's times you might just want to just go somewhere else due to enemy activity. If an enemy zerg is circling the Arena, you might want to go do the Elven Gardens. If an enemy player is camping the objectives in the Elven Gardens, you might want to go kill daedra in the Arboretum. Imperial City is really fluid, and Districts may flip while you quest.

For me, picking up all six quests just means I have the most flexibility to react to whatever happens.

For other players, they may do all six quests so they can turn in six days worth of tickets for 1 days work.
    Edited by VaranisArano on July 10, 2023 5:33PM
    Options
  • Hoghorn
    Hoghorn
    ✭✭✭
    thanks for the response, i still don't see how your method is more efficient than what i do. i will remain unenlightened.

Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks for the response, i still don't see how your method is more efficient than what i do. i will remain unenlightened.

My method might not be more efficient than yours. Once I'm in Imperial City, I prefer not to queue out and back in. It may also be that I'm more likely to die mid-quest.
    Options