The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Stun skill for nb

birdik
birdik
✭✭✭
everybody crying about nerfing nb ( lel ) but In contrast other classes it doesnt even have normal stun

arcanist:unblockable stun with 2 good debuffs and i cant breakfree immediatly from it for some reason?
dk: aoe leap, unblocable stone
sorc: streak
plar: quick animated charge or spear
warden: aoe stun ( was nerfed but anyway )

nb: solo target blockable dodgeble ULTIMATE with animation and warning sound)) everybody who use fear knows how it awful + it bad option for stam nb and no slot for it

assassin class without good stun bravo god damn it

P.S. i want even know why arcanist have spammable with roots, heal,aoe, finisher effect and nb should use 2 skills for 2 of these... nvrmnd
  • AndreNoir
    AndreNoir
    ✭✭✭
    Well, technically nb has an unblockable stun (aspect of terror), however it is placed as bad as major breach - on a skill that does nothing except debuff
    Options
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    birdik wrote: »
    everybody crying about nerfing nb ( lel ) but In contrast other classes it doesnt even have normal stun

arcanist:unblockable stun with 2 good debuffs and i cant breakfree immediatly from it for some reason?

nb: solo target blockable dodgeble ULTIMATE with animation and warning sound)) everybody who use fear knows how it awful + it bad option for stam nb and no slot for it

P.S. i want even know why arcanist have spammable with roots, heal,aoe, finisher effect and nb should use 2 skills for 2 of these... nvrmnd

Nb has an aoe fear that's unblockable and has great passivs attached to it, it's not widely used as most nbs prefer to slot another skill and rely on incap/dawnbreaker/ soul tether
    Options
  • birdik
    birdik
    ✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    birdik wrote: »

Nb has an aoe fear that's unblockable and has great passivs attached to it, it's not widely used as most nbs prefer to slot another skill and rely on incap/dawnbreaker/ soul tether

god i know and i wrote about it, did you see anybody use it, maybe there is a reason?!
    Options
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fear is nice, decent skill. But it has a radius of 6 meters when all Melee attacks have a range of 7, not to mention players move fast so you will frequently miss when using fear. Not worth it unless you're dueling a Blockplar or a DK that loves blocking.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
    Options
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    take off camo hunter (cloak now gives you major prophecy/savagery on both bars anyway) and slot FG fear or mass hysteria for a strong stun with multiple secondary benefits.
    Options
  • birdik
    birdik
    ✭✭✭
    this strong very clunky to use and pretty expensive.. and i prefer stun on main panel.. teleport strike mb.. good old times when veiled strike stun from side..
    Edited by birdik on July 11, 2023 12:50PM
    Options
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fear is a great stun with fantastic debuffs attached to it. As a ganker, you generally don't need it because of the stuns from stealth and incap, but it is there and it is strong.

Meanwhile necro actually lacks a usable stun.
    Options
  • birdik
    birdik
    ✭✭✭
    Fear is a great stun with fantastic debuffs attached to it. As a ganker, you generally don't need it because of the stuns from stealth and incap, but it is there and it is strong.

Meanwhile necro actually lacks a usable stun.

ye ye nobody dodge/block infinity time incap animation with loudest warning sound ever, and i dont need stun in the beggining

btw with recent cloak changes i actually have a slot for fear, ye its debuff is good, need practice to use that
    Options
  • Udrath
    Udrath
    ✭✭✭✭
    The fear trap will actually allow you to land ultimates and assassins will cause of the delay, just have to practice baiting people into it when your combo is ready. The fear shout feels more like a defensive ability cause most players roll Dodge or block after the break free, I don’t know if NOT light attacking & animation cancelling helps land attacks - seems 50/50 with the fear shout
    Edited by Udrath on July 13, 2023 1:29PM
    Options
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cloak still too weak. It should stun everyone within 15m when used.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

Options
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mass Hysteria applies Major Cowardice reducing the weapon and spell damage of enemies by 430 (four-hundred-thirty) for 10 seconds.

4 3 0

That’s literally an entire 5th piece of New Moon Acolyte stripped from your build for 10 seconds on an uncapped AoE unblockable undodgeable stun.
    Options
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »

Indubitably, can anyone else think of any other things that Nightblade needs?

Maybe Assasin's will grants resistance equal to the amount of damage done and immovability for 6 seconds just in case the player you killed friends come after you with hard counters to cloak.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
    Options
  • xWALK1NGxTNT420

Indubitably, can anyone else think of any other things that Nightblade needs?

Maybe Assasin's will grants resistance equal to the amount of damage done and immovability for 6 seconds just in case the player you killed friends come after you with hard counters to cloak.

How about a Nerf? then turn it into a stealth brawler like it was intended..
    Options
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »
    Fear is nice, decent skill. But it has a radius of 6 meters when all Melee attacks have a range of 7, not to mention players move fast so you will frequently miss when using fear. Not worth it unless you're dueling a Blockplar or a DK that loves blocking.

it is odd that zos did not normalize all skills less than 7m to 7m when they made the change.
    Options
  • KingLewie_III
    KingLewie_III
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade has been loaded for years. You have a fear, which is an unblockable stun, must most blades don’t even bother running it because who needs a stun when you can spec bow someone for 20k.

If you want to play a class that truly needs help, go play Necro in PVP. Then come back and tell us about how Nightblade needs something more on top of the random buffs they get every patch. Hell, now you don’t even have to have merciless resolve active to proc the bow lol.
    Options
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tyrant_Tim wrote: »
    Mass Hysteria applies Major Cowardice reducing the weapon and spell damage of enemies by 430 (four-hundred-thirty) for 10 seconds.

4 3 0

That’s literally an entire 5th piece of New Moon Acolyte stripped from your build for 10 seconds on an uncapped AoE unblockable undodgeable stun.

Fear doesn't work on players with immunity to cc. I wonder if the debuff works even if the enemy is immune? I should test that someday soon.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
    Options
  • BetterAtChess
    BetterAtChess
    ✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    Fear doesn't work on players with immunity to cc. I wonder if the debuff works even if the enemy is immune? I should test that someday soon.

The debuff lasts for 10 seconds so should have 100% uptime assuming you fear on cooldown. In addition, nbs have access to minor maim through shade so that's another 5% damage reduction.

Isn't it nice that a class with extremely potent burst damage can also take away your damage with its array of overloaded skills?

Options
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade has been loaded for years. You have a fear, which is an unblockable stun, must most blades don’t even bother running it because who needs a stun when you can spec bow someone for 20k.

If you want to play a class that truly needs help, go play Necro in PVP. Then come back and tell us about how Nightblade needs something more on top of the random buffs they get every patch. Hell, now you don’t even have to have merciless resolve active to proc the bow lol.

Or play sorc. By far the hardest class in the game. Every spec in the game except for sorc is loaded. Trust me I know. I play so many battlegrounds and it takes me like 10 seconds longer to find the nb and kill him when I could be doing other things. Oh and I have to use a counter to find them.

But again trust me, I know. I am a top player. Many people know that.
    Edited by ShadowProc on July 18, 2023 1:22AM
    Options
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭

And damage them
    And give a unique major buff
    And ignore detect pots
    Options
  • rolandlu7prb18_ESO
    rolandlu7prb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Turtle_Bot wrote: »
    take off camo hunter (cloak now gives you major prophecy/savagery on both bars anyway) and slot FG fear or mass hysteria for a strong stun with multiple secondary benefits.

Is this on PTS? I didn't see this on live server
    EP nb: ooxx your sis, Orc 2H/Bow, what you look at, never saw an Orc nb?
    Options
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The main purpose of a stun is for defense and for combining burst damage ?

NB's bow proc hits for 20k + on most players and we have cloak. Not sure what a stun accomplishes on nb
    Edited by PhoenixGrey on July 18, 2023 5:34PM
    Options
  • Aces-High-82
    Aces-High-82
    ✭✭✭
    Turtle_Bot wrote: »

Is this on PTS? I didn't see this on live server

Yes, it's on pts. And additionaly bow doesn't have to be activated anymore. Relentless morph now even stacks up to 400 weap/spell dmg.
    Options
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fear is good stun. Ignore block and have massive debuff when person break free.
    Options