Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Do I have the chance to get a torchbug or bantam guar?

jsjem
jsjem
✭✭✭
I started playing since the anniversary last year, but haven't got a chance to get them no matter in the crown store or twich rewards. There was a normal bantam guar in the crown store for a short time last year, but I hesitated and missed that cause I preferred those not so common. I find the Deadlands Bantam Guar is a part of the Deadlands Collector's Bundle, is that only available for a short time? I can't find it in my crown store. I also have done a lot of stupid twitter retweets but all failed to get them.
Edited by jsjem on July 10, 2023 10:09AM
  • evymyu233
    evymyu233
    ✭✭✭✭
    i want a torchbug
  • BulletMagnetX
    BulletMagnetX
    ✭✭✭
    The bundle may return in the future, but such returns are very infrequent, and generally only happen during celebration events (and even then, not often).

The basic bantam had not been seen in years either before that recent return.

There was also a hot pepper bantam that was released to all active players as a reward for the Elsweyr reveal stream hitting a viewer threshold.

There's a blue Coldharbour bantam guar as a daily reward. A small chance for it to return in crown crates, but don't rely on that. The others have not.

A white Atmoran bantam guar was made available for redeemers of a code given out to players who completed a survey, but few received such e-mails so it is extremely rare.

A hot-blooded bantam guar was made available to in-person atendees of events in 2019. Rare.

The eerie violet bantam guar was made available through codes given out by select streamers. Not seen since.

Though it's possible, I would not anticipate the stream rewards making a return. But I would anticipate a new bantam guar variant emerging at some point. I've not seen any new ones in the data mines yet, but I would still be confident of that. My money is on a spectral ghost bantam guar showing up at some point. Keep an eye on the stream announcements, especially during expansion and DLC releases. Next one will probably be late summer or early autumn when the infinite dungeon activity is revealed, though there are no known new bantam guars in the offing just yet.

Torchbugs have a similar release schedule. We've had a few different colours, the standard yellow-green one has had a few unusual appearances. We've also had red, which was a free gift to everyone; purple, which was a twitch reveal stream giveaway; and pink, which was a stream code giveaway. Those are probably not coming back. But we also have blue and white ones in the files which have yet to be released, so pay attention to the announcements to hear about those.
    Molag's balls!
  • evymyu233
    evymyu233
    ✭✭✭✭
    i want a torchbug
    The bundle may return in the future, but such returns are very infrequent, and generally only happen during celebration events (and even then, not often).

The basic bantam had not been seen in years either before that recent return.

There was also a hot pepper bantam that was released to all active players as a reward for the Elsweyr reveal stream hitting a viewer threshold.

There's a blue Coldharbour bantam guar as a daily reward. A small chance for it to return in crown crates, but don't rely on that. The others have not.

A white Atmoran bantam guar was made available for redeemers of a code given out to players who completed a survey, but few received such e-mails so it is extremely rare.

A hot-blooded bantam guar was made available to in-person atendees of events in 2019. Rare.

The eerie violet bantam guar was made available through codes given out by select streamers. Not seen since.

Though it's possible, I would not anticipate the stream rewards making a return. But I would anticipate a new bantam guar variant emerging at some point. I've not seen any new ones in the data mines yet, but I would still be confident of that. My money is on a spectral ghost bantam guar showing up at some point. Keep an eye on the stream announcements, especially during expansion and DLC releases. Next one will probably be late summer or early autumn when the infinite dungeon activity is revealed, though there are no known new bantam guars in the offing just yet.

Torchbugs have a similar release schedule. We've had a few different colours, the standard yellow-green one has had a few unusual appearances. We've also had red, which was a free gift to everyone; purple, which was a twitch reveal stream giveaway; and pink, which was a stream code giveaway. Those are probably not coming back. But we also have blue and white ones in the files which have yet to be released, so pay attention to the announcements to hear about those.

i dont have any torchbug,how can i get red?did i miss some event :'(
  • MafiaCat115
    MafiaCat115
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good news! You can get a torchbug right now if you have a level 10 Arcanist thanks to the Ascent of the Arcanist event. https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/64413
    Still hoping that one day hair dyeing will be an option. We know it's canon in universe already thanks to a book in the Manor of Masques! (House of Reveries: The Troupe)
    Proud owner of a Morrowind Banner of the 6th House (back when it actually meant something)
  • BulletMagnetX
    BulletMagnetX
    ✭✭✭
    evymyu233 wrote: »

Update 25 back in 2020 required that the entire game be re-downloaded, which is an inconvenience to players at the best of times. As a thank you to their patience (or an apology for the inconvenience) a free gift was made available to players in February and March of that year which contained the Crimson Torchbug. That has been the only way to acquire it. Given the circumstances, the likelihood of it returning any time soon seems quite unlikely.

However, if you have the Necrom DLC and start an Arcanist character, you can now get the basic yellow torchbug for free as a gift as part of the Ascent of the Arcanist event, if you progress your Arcanist to level 10 before July 28th, the Friday after next at time of posting. Another appearance under unusual circumstances, as is standard for the Devoted Torchbug pet. I finally got mine today.
    Molag's balls!
  • evymyu233
    evymyu233
    ✭✭✭✭
    evymyu233 wrote: »

Update 25 back in 2020 required that the entire game be re-downloaded, which is an inconvenience to players at the best of times. As a thank you to their patience (or an apology for the inconvenience) a free gift was made available to players in February and March of that year which contained the Crimson Torchbug. That has been the only way to acquire it. Given the circumstances, the likelihood of it returning any time soon seems quite unlikely.

However, if you have the Necrom DLC and start an Arcanist character, you can now get the basic yellow torchbug for free as a gift as part of the Ascent of the Arcanist event, if you progress your Arcanist to level 10 before July 28th, the Friday after next at time of posting. Another appearance under unusual circumstances, as is standard for the Devoted Torchbug pet. I finally got mine today.

thank you,i get the torchbug today :D