The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Which is the better healing skill for arcanist?

LittlePinkDot
LittlePinkDot
✭✭✭✭✭
Which arcanist healing skill should I use with Blessing of restoration and why?

1:Audacious Rune mend
OR
2: Rune guard of Freedom
  • HidesInPlainSight
    HidesInPlainSight
    ✭✭✭
    3) Playing any other class

Restro skills are probably going to be your most consistent heals Anything that consumes Crux, takes way your damage, and you end up in a loop of build Crux, oh ***, I need to heal, dump crux into heal, then repeat. you will never reset the fight once they put you on your backbar.
    Options
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OR

You want to use class skills, as they reward you by triggering passives (Hideous Clarity, Harnessed Quint, Fated Fortune).

If you are not a healer, all you need:
    1. Runemeld
    2. Runeguard of Freedom

If you are a healer, slot Chakram Shields or Remedy Cascade in addition to those.
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
    Options
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    taugrim wrote: »

OR

You want to use class skills, as they reward you by triggering passives (Hideous Clarity, Harnessed Quint, Fated Fortune).

1. Runemeld
    2. Runeguard of Freedom

If you are a healer, slot Chakram Shields or Remedy Cascade in addition to those.

Solo PVP
    Options
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OR

1. Runemeld
    2. Runeguard of Freedom

Solo PVP

Fair enough. Easy solution: slot all 4 for a full-time healer.

You keep poo-poo'ing the class but I don't think you grasp how the mechanics work.

Go read @SkaraMinoc's recent post about playing Arcanist as a healer. It's a shielding healer, you have to set aside preconceived notions about how to play it.

EDIT: struck out some text above. It wasn't @LittlePinkDot who keeps complaining about Arc, it's @HidesInPlainSight
    Edited by taugrim on July 5, 2023 6:51PM
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
    Options
  • HidesInPlainSight
    HidesInPlainSight
    ✭✭✭

OR

1. Runemeld
    2. Runeguard of Freedom

Solo PVP

You keep poo-poo'ing the class but I don't think you grasp how the mechanics work.

Go read @SkaraMinoc's recent post about playing Arcanist as a healer. It's a shielding healer, you have to set aside preconceived notions about how to play it.

Class is very easy to grasp, it just does not work well for solo pvp. Its not a problem with skill or learning the class, its a problem with the core functionality of the class. Its only strong role is in PvP is as support in a group, as a buff bot, off heals, and spamming tentacles. And tentacles are only spammed because they apply status and damage before they render, and cause massive desync in large fights.

Like I really want the Arcanist to be great in PvP. It just not. Its fun as hell in PvE, but its no where near competitive compared to DKs, NBs, or Stamsorcs. You will see more and more players come to same conclusion as they get more time on the class. We have already had the first wave of early adopters on PC come to same conclusion, and early adopters on Console should be reaching that point in the next week or two.

I sure as hell hope that whatever announcement that ZoS is making on the 10th or whatnot is buffs to the Arcanist, because they desperately need it.
    Options
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OR

1. Runemeld
    2. Runeguard of Freedom

Solo PVP

Class is very easy to grasp, it just does not work well for solo pvp. Its not a problem with skill or learning the class, its a problem with the core functionality of the class. Its only strong role is in PvP is as support in a group, as a buff bot, off heals, and spamming tentacles. And tentacles are only spammed because they apply status and damage before they render, and cause massive desync in large fights.

Like I really want the Arcanist to be great in PvP. It just not. Its fun as hell in PvE, but its no where near competitive compared to DKs, NBs, or Stamsorcs. You will see more and more players come to same conclusion as they get more time on the class. We have already had the first wave of early adopters on PC come to same conclusion, and early adopters on Console should be reaching that point in the next week or two.

I sure as hell hope that whatever announcement that ZoS is making on the 10th or whatnot is buffs to the Arcanist, because they desperately need it.

What announcement on the 10th?
    Options
  • HidesInPlainSight
    HidesInPlainSight
    ✭✭✭

OR

1. Runemeld
    2. Runeguard of Freedom

Solo PVP

What announcement on the 10th?

I saw someone say ZoS is making an announcement around the 10th regarding Q3 roadmap regarding QoL updates somewhere in General Discussion.
    Options