Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Can you Disenchant?

Flawless8216
Flawless8216
✭✭
So to start, I'm no crafter and I tent to just buy my gear but I was wondering if I could disenchant items and use their ability on different gear like in Skyrim. I may just be doing it wrong but I'm not sure. Please help!
  • Opioid
    Opioid
    ✭✭✭
    There's no disenchanting like there was in Skyrim in terms of DEing a piece of gear and just automagically learning the enchant effect.

You can research an item containing a trait you like with the appropriate crafting skill to learn its enhanced trait, which is going to be stuff like increased weapon speed, increased crit%, increased armor, etc. Once you have it researched for a specific piece of gear, you are then able to craft that piece of gear and add that enhancement effect using specific gems.

Enchants themselves are added to weapons, armor, jewelry using glyphs. They'll generally be effects like resists, added frost/fire damage, etc. Glyphs are made from combining the rune stones you find scattered around the world.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can reenchant an item with a different enchantment though.Just get a glyph of what you want and re-enchant your item.
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    To clarify, you can't remove a glyph from one item to place on another item.
    NA - DC - DK - PC