Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

IDEA: Random house-guest

ghastley
ghastley
✭✭✭✭✭
The initial four companions all have friends and family, that you don't see after you complete the companion quests. I.e Bastian's sister and her husband, Mirri's mother and brother, Ember's three childhood friends, and Isobel's parents. I don't have the Necrom chapter, so I can't comment on who, if anyone, would be eligible for the new ones.

I'd like to see a new house-guest that has a random chance to be any of these that apply. You place the generic guest, and on any given day, there could be nobody, or one of the available pool of friends and family, depending on which companions the homeowner has unlocked, and completed all the quests for. Maybe a higher chance if the companion is placed as a house guest also, so they are visiting their friend/family member.

This would give us a greater variety of guests without addition slots, and make them relate to our progress. We'd still be buying a guest from the store, too.