Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Reaper's harvest crates

DarthCuddlefluff
DarthCuddlefluff
✭✭✭✭
Man I have been saving up for 2 years. I missed my chance to get them because I didn't know that crates were on a semi-schedule for release at the time and took a break in October 2021. I really hope that they release them in October.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    whilst it would be nice if they returned i think Grim Harlequin are more likely as they released in 2021 and have never returned.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • DarthCuddlefluff
    DarthCuddlefluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    whilst it would be nice if they returned i think Grim Harlequin are more likely as they released in 2021 and have never returned.

I disagree. It has been either reaper's harvest or hollowjack every October. Grim Harlequin was released in late September and early December. If they are gonna release Grim Harlequin (which I find likely) they will do it a month or two after whatever they release in October as Grim Harlequin has never been a Halloween crate.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I disagree. It has been either reaper's harvest or hollowjack every October. Grim Harlequin was released in late September and early December. If they are gonna release Grim Harlequin (which I find likely) they will do it a month or two after whatever they release in October as Grim Harlequin has never been a Halloween crate.

Grim Harlequin hasn't been rereleased at all so duh. but it is very obviously Halloween themed

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • DarthCuddlefluff
    DarthCuddlefluff
    ✭✭✭✭

Grim Harlequin hasn't been rereleased at all so duh. but it is very obviously Halloween themed

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Grim_Harlequin_Crate It's sheogorath themed
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

you could say the Reaper's Harvest crates are also Sheogorath themed. it has his costume, banner, and statue.

and the Grim Harlequin crafting motif usually returns in October which literally has the same name as the crates.

what exactly makes Reaper's Harvest more Halloweeny than Grim Harlequin besides that one has returned during October and the other hasn't returned at all?

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • DarthCuddlefluff
    DarthCuddlefluff
    ✭✭✭✭

you could say the Reaper's Harvest crates are also Sheogorath themed. it has his costume, banner, and statue.

and the Grim Harlequin crafting motif usually returns in October which literally has the same name as the crates.

what exactly makes Reaper's Harvest more Halloweeny than Grim Harlequin besides that one has returned during October and the other hasn't returned at all?

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Reaper's_Harvest_Crate Literally says it has a witches festival theme. It comes out every other October, and half the items are skeleton-based. It's really weird that you even want to argue this point. It's not even a question that this year looks like it's gonna have Reaper's Harvest and then Grim Harlequin after that. I see zero reason why they would just randomly replace this Halloween pack that comes out every other year with a pack that's only history suggests that it comes out after for no reason. You seem to kinda want this to happen and idk why. We can both get the crates we want. It's not a competition.
  • AuroranGoldenEagle
    AuroranGoldenEagle
    ✭✭✭
    Assuming one returning crate per month for the rest of the year (given the amount of crates now, no idea why ZOS skipped a return in June) and based on longest time since it had returned last, this is what the rest of the year may look like:

July - Wild Hunt (confirmed)
    Aug - Dragonscale
    Sep - Baandari
    Oct - Reaper's
    Nov - Grim Harlequin (swapped w/ Frost as a Dec return would be more thematic and probably more likely for Frost, and having Grim in Nov is still sorta around spooky time??)
    Dec - Frost
    Edited by AuroranGoldenEagle on July 2, 2023 8:08AM
    You have discovered the thirty-seventh Sermon of Vivec, which is a bending of the light, long past the chronicles of the Hortator who wore inconstant faces and ruled however they would, until apocalypse.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Reaper's_Harvest_Crate Literally says it has a witches festival theme. It comes out every other October, and half the items are skeleton-based. It's really weird that you even want to argue this point. It's not even a question that this year looks like it's gonna have Reaper's Harvest and then Grim Harlequin after that. I see zero reason why they would just randomly replace this Halloween pack that comes out every other year with a pack that's only history suggests that it comes out after for no reason. You seem to kinda want this to happen and idk why. We can both get the crates we want. It's not a competition.

i never made it a competition. it's just very confusing that you don't think Grim Harlequin is Halloween themed despite the motif that only returns in october having the same name as these crates. and that you pointed out it being Sheogorath themed despite Reaper's Harvest crates also having sheo items.

we dont decide what goes into the crown store so it's not certain which crate returns.

these two crates with hollowjack all originally released in September-December. and all have Halloween themed items. i dont know which one returns i just think it would make sense for Grim Harlequin to also be an october crate.

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    this kind of thing wouldn't be an issue if only they did something like bring back crates more often, for ex. all Q1 crates come back every Q1, all Q2 every Q2, etc
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
    Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher

BLACK HAIR FOR ALTMER PLEASE (hair color cosmetic pack)