Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Just a heads up for those considering purchasing the Aquatic Splendor pack

AuroranGoldenEagle
AuroranGoldenEagle
✭✭✭
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned anwhere, but as it turns out to my dismay, the Minnow, Jellyfish and the Nedic chest bubbles from the pack all turn invisible underwater, I'm guessing because they're effects?

They're pretty neat if you want to create your own fake aquarium above water. But if you're like me and wanted to have them within existing bodies of water in your homes, (such as the beach at Hundings in my case) you might be disappointed.

There's a lot of neat stuff in the pack, but this was a dealbreaker for me. Luckily got a pretty painless refund, so thank you Zenimax support!
You have discovered the thirty-seventh Sermon of Vivec, which is a bending of the light, long past the chronicles of the Hortator who wore inconstant faces and ruled however they would, until apocalypse.
  • Aka_
    Aka_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's wildly ironic that they don't work in water, but hopefully it's just a simple error on how certain furnishings display in water. Good catch
  • Nihilr
    Nihilr
    ✭✭✭
    It's silly because our Shalidor home has glowy grass and mushrooms that still glow underwater and everything also-- really adds to the atmosphere of the waterfall area.

Hopefully they fix what you mentioned. :)
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It’s probably an issue with alpha channels (the transparent parts) on the textures of the bubbles. Water uses transparency and two alpha’s textures often cancel each other out and this is a limitation of the game engine.

I’ve had this problem in all the Elder Scrolls games when modding - anything with an alpha channel winks out when overlaid by another. Was a big problem when I wanted to overlay armour pieces. Some alpha properties work fine together (1-bit - which leaves a hard edge) but for things like bubbles, they don’t work well when under water.

I’ve lost count of how many times this issue made me swear when modding!
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady