Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Anyone elses forum name go weird?

peteed1985
peteed1985rwb17_ESO is apparently mine and I had to use my email to reset password to find that was my username cause my normal peteed1985 which is also my game username wouldn't work for login. No idea how this weird forum username got made for me......
Edited by peteed1985 on April 1, 2014 2:55PM
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was able to change it in the beta forums. Can't seem to now. Can anyone confirm?
  • silent88b14_ESO
    silent88b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Mine was established for me when I had trouble getting into the beta forums. It remains the same now. I've simply accepted what worked.
    Behold the great Oak. Just a little nut who stood his ground.
  • Empty_Emotions
    I was able to change it in Beta forums by going to Profile then Edit Profile. Now it seems the option to change the username is disabled. You might have to reach out to a member of the ESO community support team to change it now?
  • peteed1985
    Maybe its Zenimax being the company that made Digimon Online that I played so my name was taken for forums cause of that was my thoughts.
  • Berial_00
    Berial_00
    I was able to change my profile name from the long odd characters to what it is now. So if you can't change it to something short make it a bit longer to make sure it's unique.
    The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.
    - Mark Twain
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most people's forum display names default to something ridiculous based on their e-mail address. Just edit your profile.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    yeah it defaults to your name plus the "set" that you are grouped with when added to access to the forums, each different beta group also had a different "set" name attached to their username as well, i think before it was the beta/patch number at the time they were added or added for. You can change this in your profile.
    Bloodline|RP Guild|Ebonheart Pact
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    It should be able to be changed.

But if you want in the game, you have to use peteed1985rwb17_ESO
  • Berial_00
    Berial_00
    Hawke wrote: »
    It should be able to be changed.

But if you want in the game, you have to use peteed1985rwb17_ESO

The name I use to get into the game is neither the long oddly lettered name that the forum profile defaults to nor the one I've changed it to. The two don't seem to be directly related.
    Edited by Berial_00 on April 1, 2014 4:20PM
    The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.
    - Mark Twain
  • Kelara
    Kelara
    Soul Shriven
    I've been trying to sort this out for myself today. What I learned:
    1) your username is for the forum; your userid is to log into the game (btw your userid is visible in game to friends and guild members)
    2) a lot of people who joined the forum in beta have these long, email+numbers usernames for the forum
    3) many people can change them in edit profile but some people can't.
    I couldn't, so I submitted the issue in support for email resolution and it was all done within an hour.
  • Jessabella
    Jessabella
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they may have did away with the ability to change your forum name.

When people were invited into beta they were given a name with their email and _ESO on the end and were able to change it. Maybe it is what you were assigned in beta (you may have got an invite and over looked it).
    Mara's Tester <3Psijic Order/PTS Tester
    Jessabella >:)Belladonna Bacia >:)Serves her Master >:)Aurora Rose
    Mara's Moxie <3The Sidekick Order <3The Psijic Order <3Elder Moot
    And my big fat Naked Nord :pAte my Clothes
  • Turgenev
    Turgenev
    ✭✭✭
    UPDATE:

Anyone who's affected by this, please send a private message to a ZOS_username game representative with your preferred forum name, plus two alternates. Mine was addressed by ZOS_HugoP very quickly this morning.

I strongly recommend to ZOS staff that this should be an announcement somewhere, since it seems to affect users who were active during beta (emailprefix_ESO), and that's the majority of the people who are watching right now. :)

Good luck, all.

-T.
    Turgenev || PS | COH | STO | TSW | ESOProud Member of IRON Phoenix
    "Remember. You chose this death." - Lucifer