Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Can we add 2 states to music box?

evymyu233
evymyu233
✭✭✭✭
Hello ZOS staff, I really like your music box furniture, they are really works of art, but recently I found that they have a small problem. I especially like the newly released Mora Music Box, especially when it is turned on, but I have to admit that its music is really uncomfortable, and it does not coordinate with my decoration style in many cases.
So I hope you can add 2 more states to the music box, from the current only on and off modes to 4: off-no music, off-music, on-no music, on-music. I hope you can see this little request, I believe it will be of great help to improve the player's decoration experience, thanks.
  • XoXJulietteXoX
    XoXJulietteXoX
    ✭✭✭
    evymyu233 wrote: »
    Hello ZOS staff, I really like your music box furniture, they are really works of art, but recently I found that they have a small problem. I especially like the newly released Mora Music Box, especially when it is turned on, but I have to admit that its music is really uncomfortable, and it does not coordinate with my decoration style in many cases.
    So I hope you can add 2 more states to the music box, from the current only on and off modes to 4: off-no music, off-music, on-no music, on-music. I hope you can see this little request, I believe it will be of great help to improve the player's decoration experience, thanks.

YES! I have a few music boxes + the huge Elsweyr music box from Achievement Vender that I wish could turned be on but SILENT!
  • evymyu233
    evymyu233
    ✭✭✭✭
    sz8z6g2gq202.jpg
    b91ta3wx963m.jpg
    be8uvk3jkb63.jpg
  • zetavivern
    zetavivern
    ✭✭✭
    An option in audio settings "Mute all music boxes" would also be a useful feature. Don't get me wrong, some of them are really cool, but not everyone likes them, and sometimes when I'm exploring someone else's house I just want to explore it without constantly listening to this repetitive chime.
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree! Most of them really are so chimey, which is expected of a music box but it becomes grating. I would love one that just plays your chosen zone music (the original sound, not tinkling music-box versions).
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Personally I just wish there was a volume control. Most of the time I find the music boxes are just to darn loud! Even when I like the tune I find them uncomfortable. I tried messing with the audio options, but I couldn't find a setting that worked for the boxes.
    PS5/NA
  • 16BitForestCat
    16BitForestCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, please! Just today, I was looking at my Wonders of the Shoals music box and feeling sad that I can only watch the little fishies swim around if it's on with the music playing. I actually love music box sounds, but not for long, neverending stretches.

(Neverending streeeeeetches, ah-ah-ah, ah-ah-ah, ah-ah-ah...sorry not sorry for that earworm.)
    Edited by 16BitForestCat on July 3, 2023 4:18AM
    —PC/NA, never Steam—
    Getting lost in TESO Tamriel and beyond since Beta 2013!
    Alliance agnostic: all factions should chill the fetch out and party together.
    If you ever wonder why certain official fandom spaces are so often toxic and awful, remember: corruption starts from the top. And if you don't want me to call you out for being terrible, maybe you should consider not being terrible. ^^v