Maintenance for the week of March 4:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 4
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 4, 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 5:00 UTC (12:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EST (23:00 UTC)
Maintenance for the week of February 26:
• PC/Mac: No NA megaserver maintenance – March 3
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: EU megaserver for maintenance – March 3, 9:00 UTC (4:00AM EST) - 12:00 UTC (7:00AM EST)
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 3, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 3, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/653550/

A Harrowing Tale of why you should check which Leads you actually get...

Thal
Thal
✭✭✭
Honestly, I'm pretty amused by this despite farming Underweave bosses unsuccessfully for 28 (yes... 28) straight hours of playtime to get the Lucent Cabochon lead.

So like many of us, I was attempting to unlock the Velothi Ur-Mage's Amulet for Arcanist. I blasted through 4 leads quickly, and the second target was the Gold Manidular Cradle from Matron Chruchak in Cammonnaruhn.

What I DID NOT realize, is the first time I killed Matron Chruchak, it actually dropped the Lucent Cabochon. I scried the 1st 4 leads I had and moved onto the Underweave (I'd never been in there prior to scrying 4/5 leads, so there is no user error here other than not reading. I take full accountability for that LOL).

TLDR 28 consecutive farming hours across 4 characters camped at Public Dungeon Bosses (1000+ Kills) later and 1 XBOX maintenance later (I'm assuming this was part of the maintenance), my friend asked me if I was sure I was where I needed to be... checked Antiquities and I indeed had the Lucent Cabochon, not the Gold Manidular Cradle.

Left the Public Dungeon, went back to the Matron and went 1/1 on the correct Lead.

Read your leads folks... especially in the first week after a new update. Don't be like me.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on July 1, 2023 3:37AM
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did the same thing for some WB in Alik'r. Killed it at least 20 times before I decided to double-check and discovered had already dug that piece up. All I could do was just laugh at myself.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    this is why i feel bad for all those poor console people who have to rely on the in game antiquity menu lol

never had this problem with display leads addon, i always know which leads i have available to scry in a neat and tidy list lol, regardless of which location im in
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It took me abut 50 attempts at world boss dailies in vvardenfell to get that one lead. 3 times on 3 characters every day for about 5 days. Thought I was losing my mind.
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been there, did that with a different mythic, so I feel your pain :s
    It's what prompted me to go find the addon @Necrotech_Master mentioned.
    So I can't say I learned from my mistakes, but I have found a workaround for my shortsightedness :D

Still, congratulations on your lead I guess ;)
    It helps if you remind yourself of the XP, loot and gold you got despite it all.

At least I keep telling myself it helps.
    Kinda.

Maybe.

A little.
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm annoyed that I picked up a golden lead for something in a zone I do not own. Can't remember what it was but it dropped as soon as Necrom landed, and will have expired long before I buy the chapter...
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm annoyed that I picked up a golden lead for something in a zone I do not own. Can't remember what it was but it dropped as soon as Necrom landed, and will have expired long before I buy the chapter...

Yeah. It's always been like that. I had expired leads in W Skyrim long before I bought the chapter (which I finally did because I wanted the free house).

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Thal
    Thal
    ✭✭✭
    this is why i feel bad for all those poor console people who have to rely on the in game antiquity menu lol

never had this problem with display leads addon, i always know which leads i have available to scry in a neat and tidy list lol, regardless of which location im in

Yeah - poor console player here.

Good news, I got 2 out of 5 leads from the same delve boss at the end of it all. Working as intended
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't realize the lead that dropped from doing mages guild dailies dropped from the [ibcoffer[/i]

I did probably 20 of the quests until a friend who was patiently sharing them with me from all his toons asked if I was "sure I had opened all my coffers?"

I had not.

Got the lead first coffer.
  • deejayvee
    deejayvee
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did the same with the gaze of sithis. I dropped into the dark brotherhood everyday for a couple of weeks before I realised it was a different lead I needed.
    PC - NA
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    atoll of immolation --- cant remember which mythic i was farming for.

i had 5 characters all parked there and i would switch out as soon as i killed the boss ---- i did this over 200 times across four days before my gf told me to double check the leads i had.

i had already had it.

never been so damn mad at myself in my life.

• ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's giving out advice to help others.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post